This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

I am suddenly struck with this urge to wrestle. Not the high flying fako shit (even though I happen to find that tremendously entertaining), I'm talking the real type. I want nothing more than to dedicate the next year of my life or so to fitness. Martial arts! Wrestling! RAWR!

Today, it was 15 minutes of kickboxing, 15 minutes of weights, 10 minutes of abs, 10 more cardio and a 10 minute cool down plus 20 minutes of yoga.

But its not wrestling.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Not a workout update (doing that tomorrow!)
      I got 13 medals on my first 6 months at my gym. So I got a reward. I chose the $15 voucher for their online store!

Also since I have the membership..and it's new year's soon. My goal. 3 x a week. And to run on that damned treadmill! Well now that my foot situation is getting better!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I got the answer to my wrestling question. I realized that I don't want to wrestle and just get on top and pin my opponent down with my superior strength and weight. I want to grapple, which is essentially what all fights end up doing: you start standing and then it goes to the ground, almost every time.

My answer came tonight when I grappled with my friend Bam for about an hour and FUCK am I tired.

Today's Tally
        20 cardio
        15 weights
        60 jiu jitsu

Comment

45 minutes Treadmill at 2.19 miles

Comment

Medusa, I love this thread. Its a great way for me to feel accountable.

20 min yoga
            60 min treadclimber at 2.0

Comment

I walk about 3 miles per day, around the neighborhood which is a little hilly, so there's some variety. If it's rainy or below freezing I don't go, and in the hot months I go at the crack of dawn & get it over with. I also do some arm work with light (4 lb) weights - not allowed to lift much but I can do these.
              Every year I slack off in December, then jump back in at New Years time. It's a nice break although I can gain weight at the blink of an eye and feel like I spend Jan. & Feb. just getting back to where I was in Nov. LOL
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Starting slowly but did 10 mins on my exercise bike this afternoon
                http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I will start my workout by removing the inch of dust from the elliptical, the laundry hanging on the bow-flex and my but from this chair.

wish me luck!
                  What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

^ Good luck
                    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I have already fucked up my resolution :P Missed my 30 min today cause I woke up late. Tomorrow morning I will do an hour to make up.
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

30 minute body circuit at a gym. I signed up. Its 5 minutes from my house. AWESOME.

Comment

*impatiently waits for arm to heal so she can go back to the gym* >

Mostly art.

Comment

45 minutes treadmill at 2 miles. 2 more times this week and I fill up my week's goal!

Comment

yoga last night and 2- 30 minute walks today
                              What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I decided to try Flirty Girl Fitness "Video Vixen" today.

It's basically the most hilarious workout I have ever tried. I think I'm adding it to my list of videos I actually use.

And nowwww for stretching/weight training.

Comment

Working...
                                X