The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

I've decided to declare war on early signs of ageing!! I always liked that I had a baby-face and people would gasp in amazement when I told them my age. Lately, I've been looking my age more and more. At the weekend, I was told by JP's old school friend that he thought I was younger than my age, but comments like that are rare these days and I think in his case, it was more that, he knew JP was 22, so assumed I mustn't be too much older than that, than him actually looking at me and considering how old I might be based on looks.

So.. as I have a lot of Japanese friends and at least a vague interest in Japanese culture and lifestyle, I've decided to look into some of the things the Japanese do to stay healthy and young-looking. So far I've collected together these pretty simple hints..

-> (Probably the most well-known) Only eat until you're 80% full, never 100%
      -> Don't eat too late at night, so you're properly hungry when you wake
      -> Make breakfast the biggest meal of the day
      -> Practice facial exercises and massage
      -> Always eat the most nutritious part of a meal first
      -> Include fermented food in your diet
      -> Include soya in your diet
      -> Drink green tea.

Well, they seem like simple enough rules to follow, so I'm going to start right away. I'll let you know how it goes! If anyone can think of anything else I could try, let me know. They don't have to be things the Japanese always do. I only chose Japanese tips because I am insanely jealous of how beautiful and slim my Japanese friends are. I've started dressing like them too.. I should be banned from hanging around with these people. Maybe my mum should call there mums and have a talk..
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        I've decided to declare war on early signs of ageing!! I always liked that I had a baby-face and people would gasp in amazement when I told them my age. Lately, I've been looking my age more and more. At the weekend, I was told by JP's old school friend that he thought I was younger than my age, but comments like that are rare these days and I think in his case, it was more that, he knew JP was 22, so assumed I mustn't be too much older than that, than him actually looking at me and considering how old I might be based on looks.

So.. as I have a lot of Japanese friends and at least a vague interest in Japanese culture and lifestyle, I've decided to look into some of the things the Japanese do to stay healthy and young-looking. So far I've collected together these pretty simple hints..

-> (Probably the most well-known) Only eat until you're 80% full, never 100%
        -> Don't eat too late at night, so you're properly hungry when you wake
        -> Make breakfast the biggest meal of the day
        -> Practice facial exercises and massage
        -> Always eat the most nutritious part of a meal first
        -> Include fermented food in your diet
        -> Include soya in your diet
        -> Drink green tea.

Well, they seem like simple enough rules to follow, so I'm going to start right away. I'll let you know how it goes! If anyone can think of anything else I could try, let me know. They don't have to be things the Japanese always do. I only chose Japanese tips because I am insanely jealous of how beautiful and slim my Japanese friends are. I've started dressing like them too.. I should be banned from hanging around with these people. Maybe my mum should call there mums and have a talk..
        I'm down with all of that and do most of them, but the fermented stuff...I personally have troubles with. The only thing I come close to eating that is fermented is sauerkraut. LOVE that stuffz.
        Any other ideas on what's fermented?? Now I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
          I was so scared that was going to be a hairy twat bahahahaha
          *laughs* That is so funny Heka!
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
            I'm down with all of that and do most of them, but the fermented stuff...I personally have troubles with. The only thing I come close to eating that is fermented is sauerkraut. LOVE that stuffz.
            Any other ideas on what's fermented?? Now I'm curious.
            The Japanese swear by nattou if you can get your hands on it. I love the stuff, but it's quite expensive here and no where makes it in the UK, so it's all frozen imported stuff. I mis fresh nattou. Cheese is fermented, as is yogurt. Kimchee is too, again, if you can get it. I suppose marmite would count too, being that it's a biproduct of the brewing process! Other than that, I can't think of anything else.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I want a nice ugly face. I want a nice ugly body. I don't want to die beautiful and bored. I want to die feisty and full of a spicy food that's very very bad for me.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I want a nice ugly face. I want a nice ugly body. I don't want to die beautiful and bored. I want to die feisty and full of a spicy food that's very very bad for me.
                This. I want to die looking like I lived. I want to be like my squishy & fat pink-haired purple-mumu and glitter platform wearing, poker playing, Harley riding, whisky drinking, cigar smoking, married 4 times with a lover 30 years her junior, crazy nails, great aunt, who's pushing 90. Gotta say, she looks a helluva lot better than my not-quite 70 yo step-step-grandma who's never drank (unless its herbal tea), has never smoked, and has been a vegetarian (and is now a vegan) for freaking forever (she's a 7th day Adventist). ...but more importantly, she's more fun to talk to too.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  This. I want to die looking like I lived. I want to be like my squishy & fat pink-haired purple-mumu and glitter platform wearing, poker playing, Harley riding, whisky drinking, cigar smoking, married 4 times with a lover 30 years her junior, crazy nails, great aunt, who's pushing 90. Gotta say, she looks a helluva lot better than my not-quite 70 yo step-step-grandma who's never drank (unless its herbal tea), has never smoked, and has been a vegetarian (and is now a vegan) for freaking forever (she's a 7th day Adventist). ...but more importantly, she's more fun to talk to too.
                  Yep. My mother died old. Squished over. Toothless. But when she smiled. She smiled a toothless silly as she could be, happy as she could be, content as she could be smile. mom (10).JPG

Comment

See, if I had ever been pretty, I wouldn't mind growing old and ugly. The thing is, just once, I'd like to try to make the very best of my self and if I can't be pretty, at least be less hard to look at.

Actually, I'm absolutely astounded by the results of the facial massaging. I've been doing it less than a week and already feel that the skin on my face seems plumper, healthier and definitely looks younger. Why doesn't everyone do this? Genetics my arse, the reason my Japanese friends look so good is because they were shown how to do this by their parents, and have made it a normal part of their daily skincare routine!

Comment

See, that's why I'm a plumpier gal. Fat don't wrinkle!

Comment

I wanna be old and squishy too! yay for squishy!

What is facial massage?
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I sometimes have body image issues, but making myself look good has always been a big comfort to me. Of course, my 'good' is really fabulous and flamboyant, with plenty of non-traditional styles and lots of visible make-up. Something like a waistcoat and skirt combo with a jabot and mismatched earrings is my kind of style.

It also has something of a religious tint to it. This is the shell I was given, and although it's not perfect, and doesn't always work the way I want it to, what better way to celebrate the world created for me than by making a small part of it even more beautiful? Whenever someone compliments me on how I look, they're complimenting in part that creation. People are forever telling me that to be fat isn't beautiful, but this is how the gods created me, and so it shall be my canvas to their praise.

Comment

IMG_0093.jpg<---mermaid makeup
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

A thing you can do with eyeshadow and glitter lip gloss (and paintbrushes):

IMG_0119.jpg

Sharkbait had to get into the action too...he wanted "Buzzy Bee" (its a game we play) on his face:

IMG_0110.jpg

The biggest "problem" is that its easily smudged (you can sort of "set" it a bit better with some translucent powder though)...but the fact that you don't need anything special other than regular makeup makes it worth it. All you have to do is mix eye shadow colors with a clear or opaque lip gloss and paint it on.
                              sigpic

Comment

Omg. That last pic of her with you putting on her make up. Such a serious classic beauty for such a young gal. You better get a shotgun!

Comment

Working...
                                X