X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
    Not even eyeliner?! What kind of male are you??! :P

The most I'll do, these days, is just nail polish. Sorry.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
      The most I'll do, these days, is just nail polish. Sorry.
      Including pedicure right? All guys like to get their feet pampered on occasion... or so I hear anyway.

Comment

I love doing my make up and have embraced all things super feminine since my super teen goffic tomboy stage of life. I think I've become fairly efficient in it but for the past DECADE I've fought with dry patches of skin in the nare furrows on either side of the nose that I cannot seem to exfoliate, moisturize, oil it of my face longer than a single day.

Plus I get really bad hives that my physician has basically summed up to "stress" on random locations on my body that sometimes are reigned into control under a combination of oat meal baths and lotion in conjunction with taking antihistamines by the truck loads for 3 - 5 days. Any suggestions for either? I don't have many pictures of either close up, but I always have pictures of how to cover up these things as I have had quite a bit of practice.

Comment

A lot of times the reason lipstick smears off is because we put too much on. You need to layer it. A lipliner the color of your lips first. Then a light application with a lip brush of the lip color. You can then apply a tissue over your lips and apply a light translucent powder over the lips to set it in. Then a thicker lipgloss lightly so it stays. I like using a fat matte lip pencil in a color close to my own lips. Something from ELF for a dollar. Then over that I apply a pinker or coral color lipgloss. Looks like I have natural lips that are just shiny with gloss.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
            Including pedicure right? All guys like to get their feet pampered on occasion... or so I hear anyway.
            if my hubby went in for a pedicure i think the poor woman, (or guy) doing it would break down and cry..... not only is there giant feet.... but they are not in any sort of nice shape.... kinda furry and hobbit-like, though there is no mistaking him for a hobbit.... his feet though? straight from the movie...

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            A lot of times the reason lipstick smears off is because we put too much on. You need to layer it. A lipliner the color of your lips first. Then a light application with a lip brush of the lip color. You can then apply a tissue over your lips and apply a light translucent powder over the lips to set it in. Then a thicker lipgloss lightly so it stays. I like using a fat matte lip pencil in a color close to my own lips. Something from ELF for a dollar. Then over that I apply a pinker or coral color lipgloss. Looks like I have natural lips that are just shiny with gloss.
            I cheat, my mouth is already a bright red, so I only need small ammounts of any shade for much tint, but I can usually just go with a clear, or shimmery, gloss and i look like I have lipstick on. I actually used to get accused of wearing too much lipstick as a kid by my grandfather.... He never believed I wasn't wearing any...
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
              if my hubby went in for a pedicure i think the poor woman, (or guy) doing it would break down and cry..... not only is there giant feet.... but they are not in any sort of nice shape.... kinda furry and hobbit-like, though there is no mistaking him for a hobbit.... his feet though? straight from the movie...
              Aww, I volunteer with a guy who schedules a monthly pedicure and he's well into his 50's. He's awesome.

Comment

Yup. Pedicures are just too awesome to pass up. So are manicures, though.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I love Ultra and Sephora. I know they are expensive, but a treat is a treat. I am digging Buxom lip pumping gloss in Bunny. I love the Colts of all the shadows and polish. I look weird with make-up on. A bit of neutral liner, mascara, and bronze is my go to look. I look weird with shadow on.

Comment

^ I agree. Eyeshadow doesn't look good on me. Do you have prominent eyes? I've noticed that the bigger the eyelid, the weirder shadow looks - in my opinion of course. It just looks tacky on me.

I just got this makeup sponge called the Beauty Blender and it is the best thing for foundations! It's a bit pricey but worth it!

Has anyone heard of it or does anyone else have one?

Comment

Ive heard very good things about it. I use a mouse foundation so I put it on with a fat kabuki brush. But I've always wanted to try the egg spongy thing. You can find knock offs of it at discount stores too.

Comment

I only use EcoTools brushes. They are amazing. But buy cheap sponges at Woolworths. I prefer to apply foundation with a brush, but sometimes need the sponge to clear up any lines.
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Klia View Post
                          ^ I agree. Eyeshadow doesn't look good on me. Do you have prominent eyes? I've noticed that the bigger the eyelid, the weirder shadow looks - in my opinion of course. It just looks tacky on me.

I just got this makeup sponge called the Beauty Blender and it is the best thing for foundations! It's a bit pricey but worth it!

Has anyone heard of it or does anyone else have one?
                          WAIT. Is this why I can only ever wear neutral or white eyeshadow or look like a doofus?

Well, learn something new every day.

I can't help with the other bit, since i use either BB cream or mineral powder, so fingers or a brush.

Comment

I use Maybelline's smooth mouse foundation for dry skin. It's like buttah! I sometimes just dab it on with my fingers. It covers everything but looks like I have nothing on. And it doesn't settle into any lines or crease up. Of course you MUST have a primer. Don't even get me started on that. And then some mineral powder to set.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                              Lipstick tips? Every single one I've ever tried has dried my lips out horribly, I can't really lick my lips, eat things, smoke cigarettes/pipes without getting some of the stuff off.

Has anyone tried lip tar? Lip stain? Got tips? Help a total makeup virgin out.
                              Have you tried carmax lip balm? It works great. You might be able to use that and put it underneath your lipstick. I don't use makeup much. I know carmax lasts at least 4 hours and really works well on your lips. My dad introduced me to it and I have been using it since. It moisturizes your lips very well. Hope I helped some.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I have never tried the blending sponge or a brush. I don't use foundation. I just dab concealer on a blemish .I am completely willing to try.

Comment

Working...
                                X