Make-up! and all things beauty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Beauty blenders are very popular on one site I visit, but they're very expensive too. I've seen a couple dupes but read they don't work as well. Sometimes I use a foundation or a kabuki brush but I'm too lazy to wash them often enough and tend to use my fingers. I recently tried a CoverGirl foundation called Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1, whereas before I used Revlon's ColorStay. I find the former has a nicer finish and isn't so cakey. I just can't convince myself to spend the money on a high end foundation though.

Comment

The dupes for the beauty blender don't work as well. I watch reviews of products on Youtube before I go out and buy things. I used to use revlon color stay but have since switched to l'oreal true match and couldn't be happier!

Medusa, I too have super dry skin, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

Rowanwood, that's just what I've found. I always looked like the lady from the drew carry show when I put on eyeshadow.

Comment

Originally posted by Klia View Post
        I always looked like the lady from the drew carry show when I put on eyeshadow.
        I love Mimi! I wish I could half as fabulous.

Comment

Ladies, what are your feelings about wearing both bronzer and blusher? I have never worn bronzer but always wear blusher however all of the make-up tutorials I have checked out on YouTube seem to suggest you should wear both. Also, if you wear bronzer how/where do you apply it. Are there different colours of bronzer and, if so, how do you choose the right one?
          http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I wear both. The amount of bronzer I wear depends on how different my tan is from my current foundation! I will apply bronzer across the cheeks first (then the bulk goes on the cheeks) but I will cover my entire face, and down my neck, to keep it even. Then blush across the cheeks, in the same place as I first applied the bronzer. Bronzer gives you that sunny glow. There are different colours. I use Natio bronzer. I've had it for 2 years, I use it pretty much every day, and I still haven't run out. I was given another one by my friend too! She didn't like it because it was a bit too bronze for her pale skin (I'm more tanned).
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

this is me with make-up to go on a date with the hubby....

140104-195906.jpg

I am wearing the full she-bang--primer, foundation, blush, eyeshadow/liner/mascara, the reddest lipstick I own, and I have freshly waxed eyebrows.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2732[/ATTACH]

I am wearing the full she-bang--primer, foundation, blush, eyeshadow/liner/mascara, the reddest lipstick I own, and I have freshly waxed eyebrows.
                Naw, pretty Thal! Enjoy your date!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2732[/ATTACH]

*wolf whistle*

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
                  Ladies, what are your feelings about wearing both bronzer and blusher? I have never worn bronzer but always wear blusher however all of the make-up tutorials I have checked out on YouTube seem to suggest you should wear both. Also, if you wear bronzer how/where do you apply it. Are there different colours of bronzer and, if so, how do you choose the right one?
                  Sorry, I don't do either. Too red to need blush. Too pale to wear bronzer and not look like a dork.

Comment

IMG_0881[1].jpg

I'm wearing primer, concealer, liquid foundation, mineral compact, bronzer, blush, brow shadow, gel eyeliner, misc eyeshadows and mascara - in that order. I'm actually surprised at how pale this pic makes me look. Maybe it's the yellow. I never wear yellow. I only just bought this top, and it's the only yellow thing in my whole wardrobe.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                    Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Only wear it if the weather would make it look natural. No point being all bronzed up in the dead of winter. BUT you can add something to it to give you color. They have these great color moziacs from Physician's Formula HERE
                      I use ELF blush with contour *contour should NOT have sparkles, glitter or shine*. I also use a wet n wild highlighter. It's like a bronzer only the opposite I guess. I brush it on the high points of my face. It does the same sort of effect.

Also if you do use bronzer, look in a second mirror at your reflection. You may see where it is supposed to look 'natural' and just looks like you have a dirty neck. So been there. Learned my lesson.:=[:
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thanks all

I am pretty pale and I don't tan so I am guessing bronzer is not for me. Will have a look into contours and highlighters though.
                        http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
                          Thanks all

I am pretty pale and I don't tan so I am guessing bronzer is not for me. Will have a look into contours and highlighters though.
                          I wear bronzer and (as you can see in my pic, I'm pretty pale)--here's why....my natural skin tone is very fair, but when I cover my entire face in it, I look like death warmed over. The next color up though, is always too dark, and generally too "orange" for my skin tone. Even mixing them doesn't work (and its way too much trouble to go to). So I use a super light bronzer (not all bronzers have to be dark) on my nose, chin, forehead, etc, before I put on blush or eyeshadow. In the pic of me, I have bronzer on--a very light dusting of one of the lightest shades available, but I am wearing it.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2733[/ATTACH]

OMG! My fantasies have a new leading lady!

/perv

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                              OMG! My fantasies have a new leading lady!

/perv
                              Too damn right they do :P

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                                Too damn right they do :P

I'm imagining quite the sexy voice, just so you know. Hehehe

On-topic: I picked up a couple bottles of nail polish. But I need a friggin manicure!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X