X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Hey, just a quick one.

Is there any reason why eye-makeup remover could not be used as a facial cleanser? It is tough yet gentle enough to be used on a delicate area after all. It's just that I've run out of cleanser but have a full bottle of eye-makeup remover and I'd rather not buy anything new just now.

Thanks.
    It tends to have a bit more oils I think. Unless you get the oil less one. Though makeup remover does not equal clean face. You still have to wash the face with facial cleanser. I think because eye make up removers are more expensive then make up remover is why it's not used. I'm guessing.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      It tends to have a bit more oils I think. Unless you get the oil less one. Though makeup remover does not equal clean face. You still have to wash the face with facial cleanser. I think because eye make up removers are more expensive then make up remover is why it's not used. I'm guessing.
      I gave it a go and if anything, my skin felt more toned, and tighter than it usually does when I cleanse. My skin is prone to oily patches (often these 'patches' reach from chin to hairline, ear to ear!!), so this was quite a pleasant feeling. I do suspect it was the feeling of the oils being stripped from my skin (makeup it oil based too, isn't it?), so I'll use my thickest moisteriser with it to compensate and see how I go. If it's no good, I'll make do with the old soap and water!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I gave it a go and if anything, my skin felt more toned, and tighter than it usually does when I cleanse. My skin is prone to oily patches (often these 'patches' reach from chin to hairline, ear to ear!!), so this was quite a pleasant feeling. I do suspect it was the feeling of the oils being stripped from my skin (makeup it oil based too, isn't it?), so I'll use my thickest moisteriser with it to compensate and see how I go. If it's no good, I'll make do with the old soap and water!
        Oh lordy don't do soap and water. Please! No bueno. When you have oily skin the last thing you want to do is strip your skin of oil with harsh soap. Your skin immediately goes into overdrive and over produces oils to compensate.

Comment

No no, a proper skin cleansing bar of course! ^^ I never use the old style soap, but I have some handmade facial soaps that were donated by my sis. There might still be some clinique soap too. Their three step for oily skin uses a bar while the others all use liquid soap. Dunno why.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

No no, a proper skin cleansing bar of course! ^^ I never use the old style soap, but I have some handmade facial soaps that were donated by my sis. There might still be some clinique soap too. Their three step for oily skin uses a bar while the others all use liquid soap. Dunno why.
            Oh I used to use Clinique. I love that stuff. Nice and mild. I use Cetaphyl daily. It doesn't lather. Which is a GOOD sign of a good face soap.

Comment

I have a product question. Last year JP got me a bath set for Christmas. It was a Hello Kitty and Liberty collaboration. I'd never even heard of liberty until then, but the bottles were a very nice design and we almost did our bathroom to match (until we decided on Oshawatt). Anyway, I've almost ran out of this stuff but I love the smell. So my question is, does anyone know if all Liberty bath stuff smells the same? Or do you think the smell of the Hello Kitty range was especially put together for this collaboration?

Comment

Ok. Here's the scoop:
                I have extremely dry skin. I'm 41. It's winter.
                I've been using that Clarant B3 to lighten my age spots. I'm on jar two.
                I've been breaking out along my chin! and some pimples on my cheeks. I've NEVER had pimples. Not even in school. Not at all. Grrr.
                So I'm moving this jar to use on my elbows etc. And I'm going back to my old lady Oil of Olay. I like it. I just need a night cream I guess. Something that won't break me out. Something that is from the drugstore too.

I've also changed my foundation to Maybelline dream mouse. Got it today. See if it's creamier and less drying then my Cover Girl cream foundation.

Does the Olive oil really work? I'm thinking it's probably the purest thing I can put on my face. I just don't want to clog it.

Comment

Ok. Here's the scoop:
                  I have extremely dry skin. I'm 41. It's winter.
                  I've been using that Clarant B3 to lighten my age spots. I'm on jar two.
                  I've been breaking out along my chin! and some pimples on my cheeks. I've NEVER had pimples. Not even in school. Not at all. Grrr.
                  So I'm moving this jar to use on my elbows etc. And I'm going back to my old lady Oil of Olay. I like it. I just need a night cream I guess. Something that won't break me out. Something that is from the drugstore too.

I've also changed my foundation to Maybelline dream mouse. Got it today. See if it's creamier and less drying then my Cover Girl cream foundation.

Does the Olive oil really work? I'm thinking it's probably the purest thing I can put on my face. I just don't want to clog it.
                  Before you go to bed, wash your face, leave it a little moist (damp skin really helps any moisturizer work) and use just a couple of drops of extra virgin olive oil on your driest spots. Don't overdo it!! I like shea butter myself, on my feet/elbows. I was cursed as a teenager with an oily face but boy am I glad of it now! I'm 55 and my facial skin is still 'T-zone"-ish.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    Before you go to bed, wash your face, leave it a little moist (damp skin really helps any moisturizer work) and use just a couple of drops of extra virgin olive oil on your driest spots. Don't overdo it!! I like shea butter myself, on my feet/elbows. I was cursed as a teenager with an oily face but boy am I glad of it now! I'm 55 and my facial skin is still 'T-zone"-ish.
                    Thanks. I tossed the Ponds!

I remove my eye make up with baby oil and cotton pads.
                    I use Ponds make up remover towlettes.
                    Then wash with Cetaphil. It's soo non drying, I love it!
                    Then Oil of Olay. But I'd like to do the Olive oil thing at night instead.
                    And vaseline lip therapy balm for the lips. Omg. So chapped with this winter weather.

I have some horrid red splotches of small tiny pimples. I'm so mad!

But I did just use my Maybelline Dream mouse foundation. It's very sheer and you can build it up in certain spots. It lasted my whole shift. And it kept my face dewy but not oily. I LOVE this stuff. And it was only $9.75!

Comment

Thanks. I tossed the Ponds!

I remove my eye make up with baby oil and cotton pads.
                      I use Ponds make up remover towlettes.
                      Then wash with Cetaphil. It's soo non drying, I love it!
                      Then Oil of Olay. But I'd like to do the Olive oil thing at night instead.
                      And vaseline lip therapy balm for the lips. Omg. So chapped with this winter weather.

I have some horrid red splotches of small tiny pimples. I'm so mad!

But I did just use my Maybelline Dream mouse foundation. It's very sheer and you can build it up in certain spots. It lasted my whole shift. And it kept my face dewy but not oily. I LOVE this stuff. And it was only $9.75!
                      I like Cetaphil! Lately I've been using Neutrogena 'fresh foaming cleanser'. Sometimes, changing products will make a person break out for a while. Also perimenopause will, as your hormones change. Happy happy joy joy LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've been thinking about the menopause thing. I remember my mother going through it. But I think she was in her 50s. My period is still strong and regular and on time every time.

I did buy extra virgin olive oil though! In the market in the oil it was $5 something. I went to the Mexican section and it was $3 something. Go figure! I'm pretty sure the breakouts were because of the cream. Because it's not on the face as much were my make up is.

I am going to start looking up about pre menopause and things to start taking etc.

EDIT. I looked up a list of symptoms of pre menepause. Nope. Not coming up with any. The things I seem to have are related to my bi polar.
                        Last edited by Medusa; 23 Dec 2012, 02:22.

Comment

Ok! So I tried the olive oil, honey and sugar winter scrub. Cost me for real extra virgin olive oil, clover honey and table sugar about $6.50. This should pretty much last me 6 months. Things I learned.

~follow the order in which she pours the ingredients.
                          ~If you have extra winter dry skin like me, this stuff was awesome. Exfoliation usually dries out my skin and make it reddish. This made my skin red. But that's because I washed with hot water to open my pores.

~After your skin is soo soft. Because when you rinse it off, you are left with the olive oil *which I apply at night anyways.

~I will probably do this once every 4th day.

~You can also run it over your lips to slough of dry skin.

*also since I stopped using that other cream and stuck to olive oil and oil of olay, my skin had cleared up and no more little pimples along my jaw line.

Comment

This may be slightly off-topic, but has anyone tried anything that can be purchased without a prescription that worked well for eczema?
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

*also since I stopped using that other cream and stuck to olive oil and oil of olay, my skin had cleared up and no more little pimples along my jaw line.
                              Yay! Glad it's working for you!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                                This may be slightly off-topic, but has anyone tried anything that can be purchased without a prescription that worked well for eczema?
                                My sister had amazing results with lavendar oil. Neat lavendar oil! Pretty cheap too. She had crippling eczema since childhood and at times her skin opened up into horrible angy looking wounds. I felt terrible for her as she would just cry and cry. She couldn't even take a bath without treating the water and if she ate anything with egg in, it made things 10 times worse. Then I read one day that lavendar can help with burns, acne, eczema and other skin complaints. So I slapped it on my spotty face and she tried it on her arms. We both saw really good results. Even now, I suffer from acne but at the first hint of a breakout, the lavendar comes out!

Remember I posted here about the liberty/hello kitty collaboration range? Well my darling of a boyfriend found the new version of this range that they released for this Christmas. I squeeked when I opened it. They're much bigger bottles too, so I don't have to use them so preciously as I did last year. Sadly, the smell is a bit different, but it's just as nice and makes my skin feel just as silky smooth!

Comment

Working...
                                X