Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Never tried but I'd give it a go. Can I add my own request? I'd love to hear tips anyone has about reducing shaving rash.
    I've heard the best way is to shave with oil and not shaving cream or anything else. just rub baby oil (apparently the best) into the skin, and shave while it's still oily.

An old fashioned skin softener is to tie up a good handful of oatmeal (coarse stuff for porridge is cheap and good) in muslin or cheesecloth and suspend it under the hot water tap when you're filling the bath. You can also use it as a washcloth but make sure the oats don't fall out or they'll clog the sink.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
      An old fashioned skin softener is to tie up a good handful of oatmeal (coarse stuff for porridge is cheap and good) in muslin or cheesecloth and suspend it under the hot water tap when you're filling the bath. You can also use it as a washcloth but make sure the oats don't fall out or they'll clog the sink.
      I use the lonely socks. You know the ones that lose their mates in the laundry, n'er to be seen again? Seems like a good way to recycle!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

This is so cool: Historic Hairdos!

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

thal, that was SUPER cool! (and I now miss my long hair omg)

Mostly art.

Comment

Oh this thread has been quiet for a little while. Thal, I only just saw your tip about the socks. That is awesome! I'm definitely going steal that idea!

I still cut my fringe with one of those clips you suggested Thal! I have it down to a fine art. Come to think of it, it's been over a year since I had a proper haircut. I just keep neatening it my self. I should probably treat myself to a visit to a hairdresser.

I'm really excited about Neil's Yard's Power Berry moisturiser at the moment. It uses organic ingredients and they don't just avoid testing their products on animals, but they actually donate to FRAME (Fund for the Replacement of Animals in Medical Experiments). The smell is great, really fresh, and it feels lovely on my skin. It's a British brand, but if it is available in your country, I definitely recommend it.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Oh, Jem, I'm glad it works for you!!
              sigpic

Comment

just sort of interesting...

sigpic

Comment

I have some beauty questions.. I'm really sort of completely ignorant of this sort of thing. Just never got into it really, until now. I really want to keep my face clean, but as naturally as possible. I have oily skin, but not super oily.

Anybody reccomend any facial cleansers that are as natural as possible? And I heard somewhere (completely forget where) that using lotion on the skin can be a better Moisturizer, then an actual facial moisturizer. True? Or Does it just depend on the type of lotion?
                  Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

So hot

i wear quite a lot of makeup everyday, but it's relatively natural fo how much I'm wearing.
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I have dark marks on my skin. All over my face.

They're hideous. They feel like zits that never mature but are PAINFUL and an angry red and larger than normal zits. When they go away, they leave a mark, right on my face.

I hate them.

Any suggestions?
                      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                        I have dark marks on my skin. All over my face.

They're hideous. They feel like zits that never mature but are PAINFUL and an angry red and larger than normal zits. When they go away, they leave a mark, right on my face.

I hate them.

Any suggestions?
                        i get those occasionally.... I attack them... Not a great idea, I think one turned into a cyst. Yes, I have a cyst on my face. I'm only 22. And I'm going to have to see a plastic surgeon to get it removed.
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

So I made my first trip to Ulta the other day. Had no idea it was down the street from my work! I had a $3.50 off a $10 coupon and purchased some new eyeshadows. This was one of the first looks I did with it. Still getting used to wearing a bright eye color. Even though I swear I put a ton of make-up on, it just looks like I don't have any. :=L:

Let's see products used:
                          ~Pond's moisterizer
                          ~Monistat Chaging Gel as primer
                          ~Maybelline Dream Smooth Mouse for dry skin
                          ~E.L.F. duo blush/bronzer
                          ~Ulta Honeybee yellow
                          ~Ulta Mimosa orange
                          ~Nyx jumbo eye pencil in copper
                          ~ Wet N Wild eye pencil in black
                          ~Maybelline noir mascara
                          ~E.L.F matte lip pencil in praline
                          ~Wet N Wild lipstick in Coral
                          ~Ulta Nourishing Lip Color in Rose Garnet

A ton of product to make it look like, yeah, I just wake up like this. I have great skin. No sun spots, blemishes or discolorations. Nah.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Why is it that men make such good women? I mean come on! at least give us the beauty thing,don't dam well steel that off us too :='(:
                            http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lillywolf View Post
                              Why is it that men make such good women? I mean come on! at least give us the beauty thing,don't dam well steel that off us too :='(:
                              Oh after getting dozens of drag-queens in my store, I still believe that the majority of women make the best women.

But you have to give the guys the credit for coming out to a neighborhood that is still pretty stuck in the 1800's when it comes to 'morals' dressed up as a women and not giving a damn. Makes me want to go see them perform! ^^

Comment

I always hated "cross-dressing day" at our school. Some of those guys were better women than I'll ever be.

Comment

Working...
                                X