Make-up! and all things beauty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

My brows are kinda messy. I am an occasional plucker. Usually, my fringe hides them anyway, but I get stray eyebrow hairs all over the place (including my chin... if you're willing to accept that excuse ^^). I don't really mind the pain of plucking, although I'd never wax or epilate my legs. If my eyebrows do need to be on show, I have to colour them in anyway. I took a golf ball to the face about 6 years ago (it was a real blood-festival!) and have a scar across my right brow bone that hairs don't grow on. So I need to draw in the missing bits!

Oh beauty news!!

I'm going back to ginger soon! I'm sick of dying my hair and although I'm going to have to Keep dying it for a while longer (I'm not growing it out.. I tried to and it was horrible, I'd rather grow out damaged ends that I can hide than a totally different colour), until I get it close enough to my real colour that it doesn't look weird as it grows out, I'm definitely ready for the change. Besides, against pale skin, dark hair tends to be ageing and lets face it, I'm not getting any younger.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      My brows are kinda messy. I am an occasional plucker. Usually, my fringe hides them anyway, but I get stray eyebrow hairs all over the place (including my chin... if you're willing to accept that excuse ^^). I don't really mind the pain of plucking, although I'd never wax or epilate my legs. If my eyebrows do need to be on show, I have to colour them in anyway. I took a golf ball to the face about 6 years ago (it was a real blood-festival!) and have a scar across my right brow bone that hairs don't grow on. So I need to draw in the missing bits!

Oh beauty news!!

I'm going back to ginger soon! I'm sick of dying my hair and although I'm going to have to Keep dying it for a while longer (I'm not growing it out.. I tried to and it was horrible, I'd rather grow out damaged ends that I can hide than a totally different colour), until I get it close enough to my real colour that it doesn't look weird as it grows out, I'm definitely ready for the change. Besides, against pale skin, dark hair tends to be ageing and lets face it, I'm not getting any younger.
      I can't wait to see you as a ginger!!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        I can't wait to see you as a ginger!!
        I'll definitely be posting pictures. It will take me a while to get used to it. I have been dying my hair black since I was 14 years old after all! But this is a decision that I have really taken my time over. Initially, bleaching will most likely damage my hair, but years of dye build up, has damaged it anyway. Even when it is newly dyed, it doesn't feel glossy any more. It's tired, it has suffered enough.. it is time to embrace the Celtic lady I always was...
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I am soooo glad I found this thread as I love all things girly.
          My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Perfecting timing to come across this thread after just applying a face mask! Does anyone else bought products at Lush? I discovered them about a year ago and I am in love with all of the products! Not only does everything work really well but it's all organic, a good portion of it vegan, not tested on animals, and all of the packaging is recycled! I could go on and on about how much I love this company!

Comment

Originally posted by Jinx View Post
              Perfecting timing to come across this thread after just applying a face mask! Does anyone else bought products at Lush? I discovered them about a year ago and I am in love with all of the products! Not only does everything work really well but it's all organic, a good portion of it vegan, not tested on animals, and all of the packaging is recycled! I could go on and on about how much I love this company!
              YES! I love Lush, and I love their success! I think it started here, in London.. but it has spread globally now. It wasn't in Japan when I lived there, but they had a Lush store in Shinyurigaoka when I was there for a holiday 4 years ago. I found it in Munich too while I was living in Germany. I haven't traveled at all besides those two countries, but I'm guessing this means Lush has probably reached most corners of the planet now?

Comment

Lush is great stuff! For all the reasons you mentioned is why I support their company. The fizzy bath bombs are gorgeous and it makes you want to almost eat them!
                My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  YES! I love Lush, and I love their success! I think it started here, in London.. but it has spread globally now. It wasn't in Japan when I lived there, but they had a Lush store in Shinyurigaoka when I was there for a holiday 4 years ago. I found it in Munich too while I was living in Germany. I haven't traveled at all besides those two countries, but I'm guessing this means Lush has probably reached most corners of the planet now?
                  I believe they did start in London originally but I think the first store we have come to know now was opened in Canada. I read the history on they're website and it was some time ago so I could be confusing myself! They have been massively spreading! The first one in Maine open last year and that's still 3 hours from me so I'm hoping with continued success they will open on closer, but they seem to have stores all over the world at this point. I love everything they stand for and I just can't get over how well the products work. The face mask I just used was from them and my skin feels aaaaaaammmmmmaaaaazzzziiiinnng!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Auseklis View Post
                  Lush is great stuff! For all the reasons you mentioned is why I support their company. The fizzy bath bombs are gorgeous and it makes you want to almost eat them!
                  I agree! Everything actually looks delicious...and I'm not going to lie I got some sugar lip scrub...I totally ate some hahaha. The guy at the store said it was edible, so I was like hey why not.

Comment

Lush even ventured down under to Australia and they have stores all over the place! Here is a link for my Aussie pagan pals - http://www.lush.com.au/

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jinx View Post
                    I believe they did start in London originally but I think the first store we have come to know now was opened in Canada. I read the history on they're website and it was some time ago so I could be confusing myself! They have been massively spreading! The first one in Maine open last year and that's still 3 hours from me so I'm hoping with continued success they will open on closer, but they seem to have stores all over the world at this point. I love everything they stand for and I just can't get over how well the products work. The face mask I just used was from them and my skin feels aaaaaaammmmmmaaaaazzzziiiinnng!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree! Everything actually looks delicious...and I'm not going to lie I got some sugar lip scrub...I totally ate some hahaha. The guy at the store said it was edible, so I was like hey why not.
                    Did it taste good or kinda nice with that cosmetic taste?

Comment

Originally posted by Auseklis View Post
                      Did it taste good or kinda nice with that cosmetic taste?
                      It tasted like I was eating a delicious sugar cookie! Not cosmetic tasting at all. I don't think it would be like that with everything they have but I also know that a lot of the face masks are edible as well, sadly you can only get them in store because of how fresh they make them.

Comment

Just a question. Before I put on any make up, I shave, however I hate the way five o clock shadow looks, does anyone know how to deal with this without having to laser it all off?

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                          Just a question. Before I put on any make up, I shave, however I hate the way five o clock shadow looks, does anyone know how to deal with this without having to laser it all off?
                          Have you tried applying a warmer foundation to the area? The wonderful make up artists on youtube talk about how this can help offset the dark stubble coming through etc.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If you aren't opposed to removing the hair in general (opposed to the permanace and cost of laser) there's always waxing.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Lush started in Poole, a couple of years ago I was showing my lovely wife my childhood haunts and we visited the First Lush shop
                              The only problem I have with their products are that I cannot eat them, I get reprimanded a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                              Some of the foundations made by Kryolan are quite good at hiding shadow, and they come in a fairly broad range of skin shades.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic discord View Post
                                Lush started in Poole, a couple of years ago I was showing my lovely wife my childhood haunts and we visited the First Lush shop
                                The only problem I have with their products are that I cannot eat them, I get reprimanded a lot.
                                Haha! They are very tempting to eat! Especially the bubble bars that look like cupcakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X