Make-up! and all things beauty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Has anyone here gotten a Brazilian wax? I'm contemplating it and have done loads of research but am more interested in personal experience.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
      Has anyone here gotten a Brazilian wax? I'm contemplating it and have done loads of research but am more interested in personal experience.
      I have one word for you.

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I'm not sure if the waxing itself or the ingrown hairs 3 weeks later were worse, but either way...

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        I have one word for you.

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I'm not sure if the waxing itself or the ingrown hairs 3 weeks later were worse, but either way...

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
        Are you prone to getting them naturally? I've never had one and I shave.

Comment

Are you prone to getting them naturally? I've never had one and I shave.
          No, the only time I've ever had them is when I've waxed. And I've tried about everything--lotions, scrubs, etc... but the ingrown hair thing (its not all of them, maybe like 10%) is awful--I don't normally Brazilian, but I wax below the knee during the summer.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

...is that where you get rid of all your hair on your hoo-ha?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              Your hoo haa and all the way to the backdoor. Pretty much the wax elves come and steal all your hay.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

No, the only time I've ever had them is when I've waxed. And I've tried about everything--lotions, scrubs, etc... but the ingrown hair thing (its not all of them, maybe like 10%) is awful--I don't normally Brazilian, but I wax below the knee during the summer.
                This is why I'm glad I brought this here -- at the other site I posed this question on, the ladies were like, "hey, it's not so bad, nothing grew back weird."

And your buttcrack too.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Your hoo haa and all the way to the backdoor. Pretty much the wax elves come and steal all your hay.
                  This is pretty much the best description I've heard for anything ever.

Also, I now think Brazilians are gross.

Mostly art.

Comment

This is pretty much the best description I've heard for anything ever.

Also, I now think Brazilians are gross.
                    I might have considered waxing some of my body hair off if it didn't sound so unpleasant.

Comment

I wax my eyebrows, and I know a girl who has to wax her armpits or else she gets ingrowns. I'm too lazy to do anything else. Even shave my legs in summer.

Also there was a primer questions. I use Inglot primer. It's really good I don't know if you can get Inglot where you are (where ever that is) but look them up on the net if you like.

and while there is a Lush in the mall in Adelaide, I've never been able to afford it. Turned to making my own stuff instead. Next time I go there I'll have to stop by though, I have more money nows.
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

As we grow older, many of us turn to hair dyes, skin creams, Botox shots, eye treatments and other beauty rituals to help slow the signs of aging. But do we really have to worry about giving our private parts a youthful glow? At least one product on the market says yes.The UK’s Daily Mail reports My New Pink Button (it’s OK to cringe at the name – we did) is a temporary dye that, according t

^WTF?!?!?
                        sigpic

Comment

Learn something new everyday... I had no idea that women's genitals lose color with age? Mine certainly haven't but I refuse to age (yet) hehe.
                          My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

O_O ... well then, about that! I didn't realize people actually sit in front of mirrors studying their bits making sure they are still pink enough ?! Alrighty.

Comment

Ok... maybe it's just me but the colour of my lady bits is not all that interesting to me! x
                              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I can't believe I missed this one, stupid work demands... And I'm totally using that wax-elf line whenever someone asks me about waxing again...

Gotten one twice and now I do it myself. I hate body hair on myself, it drives me up the wall. And I can't shave, the razor actually gives me a rash after one pass that lasts about 6 weeks. After a few years of waxing, my body hair has gotten so fine that the razor won't even pick up 90% of it anymore on one pass anyway.

As long as you can find a way to physically relax your body (I use wine.. or ibuprofin) it doesn't hurt horribly. I've been told I have a really high pain tolerance, but you won't know until you try for yourself. The waxer you hire will make a difference too, try to find someone you can talk to easily that you feel comfortable around. I had a lady who was really liberal, talked to me about everything from her kids to her boyfriend farting in the shower and had no problem with nudity (neither do I). Very relaxed atmosphere, and still professional. I was sad when she moved to the other side of the country. And as long as you have someone drive you to/from, you can still have a glass of wine prior. :P

The pain only lasts a second at a time, the whole process takes around 40 minutes if you have it done professionally. It usually takes me about 80 minutes to do it myself (but that's because you have to be something of a contortionist to begin with and I put a movie on during my waxing night and get distracted... I know, probably tmi.

If you're really not sure you can deal with the pinch, go in for a bikini wax first.

The end result is worth it though, the hairs grow back softer and finer if you do it regularly (without shaving in between) and it lasts longer the more you do it. Just need to have the stamina to stick to it for awhile.

I was about once every 5 weeks (I can wait 6, but the hairs just bother me and I hate getting too fuzzy). It doesn't cost more than shaving does (razor cost & shaving cream v. wax & muslin). You will need to set aside a few hours and possibly a few hours afterward to shower and "recover" after you wax (even if its just legs or underarms, because sometimes you get sticky and you don't want to put on jeans right after you wax your legs...).

I could probably write a book about waxing, so I'm going to leave it here for now. If you want me to go into it more you can either prompt the thread or drop me a message.

Like I said, I don't really have the option to shave; and waxing isn't for everyone. So my best advice is to just give it a shot and see how it goes. I would definitely recommend going to a professional for the brazillian though if you can afford to.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why I'm glad I brought this here -- at the other site I posed this question on, the ladies were like, "hey, it's not so bad, nothing grew back weird."

And your buttcrack too.
                                Oh, and for the record. I don't usually get more than 1-2 ingrowns per "session," and I can usually mend those within a few days with a little tlc. You can google how to take care of ingrown, it usually involves soaking it with a warm (and clean) wash cloth until the skin is more pliable and then freeing the hair gently with a tweezers. I use an after-shave lotion for it that works fairly well; but if you really have an issue with ingrowns I really REALLY recommend a product called tendskin. http://www.tendskin.com/m_airshave.html

My waxist lady recommended it to me before we knew I was slightly-prone. I never found it in a store near me, so I never tried it out but the reviews are fantastic and I've been recommended it several times by several different people from many different walks of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X