Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ninjutsu!

Inquisitive mind, a desire that that is achieved is good
    But I have not seen in the lives of the masters nindzyutsu.
    Nindzya - they were hired assassins in ancient Japan. Perhaps the descendants of those same nindzya look for it in Japan.
    When a person interested in the Martial Arts, he first of all in my view should ask themselves the question, why do I need it? Many young people are influenced by the films of Martial Arts, as well as videos on YouTube - zagorayutsya desire to become nindzya, kickboxer, and so on.
    But life otlichaetsya of films.
    I personally like it as a martial art of Kung Fu (Wushu). This is exactly the martial art of where a person can cultivate a lifetime, and not just by understanding skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Consciousness View Post
      I see psyc point, but just because there some martial arts punks out there doesn't mean everyone is a punk.
      Just wondering, are you referring to me or the intoxicated girls?

Yes I have used it before in street application during a home invasion. It did work.
      Well, then I apologize once again and stand corrected.

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Just to add something to the debate. I was once attacked by a group of three teens who were high on drugs and looking for anyone to beat up for a laugh. I was with my ex at the time, who was skilled in Kung fu (mantis style), and he was able to overpower all three of them, without causing much physical harm to them (they were girls). He even managed to remove a knife from the hand of one girl. So.. yeah, I think these styles can have real-life application. Had I been alone, I could have been stabbed. Instead I came out with a black eye and some missing hair. Well, and an adulthood of fear to go anywhere at night, even in company. So it's had a lasting impact mentally. That part was nothing he could prevent though.
      Your ex being a male martial artist against three high girls, even with a knife, is basically because he is bigger and stronger- and more importantly- he was sober and had someone to defend. This is taking nothing away from his martial skill, because it is always a great and rare accomplishment to be in a harmful situation where no one is harmed, especially against multiple attackers.

He was always just training at the academy, sometimes attending tournaments and sometimes his team would be hired to do demonstrations at fairs and stuff
      This is the type of dedication it takes to get good, this is why your ex had no problem- especially the seminars and tournaments (performing and teaching in front of others face to face helps settle those nerves to have the proper focus for combat or whatever you need to get done at the time).

My big problem, and why I speak out against a lot of traditional styles, especially Bujinkan, is because you can get black belt rank through DVD swapping. This takes away so much from physical instruction. Like I said, Consciousness, I did not mean to be a jerk and I am glad you have found a style that works for you I just have a bad taste in my mouth when so many people claim something is practical when they really have no clue and when they try and prove it they can't because they simply do not have the proper training or mind set- that is what I get most irritated at. You apparently have real life application and have Ninjutsu to thank for it, so I humbly apologize if I have offended you and your style.

Comment

Just wondering, are you referring to me or the intoxicated girls?
        Neither. The 'mcdojo' cats your talking about.

Your ex being a male martial artist against three high girls, even with a knife, is basically because he is bigger and stronger- and more importantly- he was sober and had someone to defend. This is taking nothing away from his martial skill, because it is always a great and rare accomplishment to be in a harmful situation where no one is harmed, especially against multiple attackers.
        No offense but you come off very arrogant. You act like you know everything about martial arts and act like you know these situations just because you trained for 20 years. In those 20 years did you learn about humbleness? This is very important in Ninjutsu and many martial arts. Your not the only one with extensive training around here. Again with all due respect I do not think any one needs your approval for their martial arts system or their application of it in a real life situation. This is my view only and do not speak for others. I will continue on training in Ninjutsu.

Comment

It's interesting what you say about the ease of achieving black belt. When my language exchange partner was still job hunting, I asked her why she didn't consider teaching judo. She laughed at me and said because she's shit at it (actually, she said, 'hetakuso kara', because she's Japanese, but you know what I mean). I was kinda surprised, because I assumed the bar would be higher in Japan compared to the West. According to Miyo, if you attend classes long enough, whether you're good or not, you'll end up moved up the ranks. That seems so wrong to me.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

No offense but you come off very arrogant. You act like you know everything about martial arts and act like you know these situations just because you trained for 20 years. In those 20 years did you learn about humbleness? This is very important in Ninjutsu and many martial arts. Your not the only one with extensive training around here. Again with all due respect I do not think any one needs your approval for their martial arts system or their application of it in a real life situation. This is my view only and do not speak for others. I will continue on training in Ninjutsu.
            I am sorry about being arrogant and yes I did learn about humbleness. I did say if it works for you:

Originally posted by PsykhikosAnarchosNautikos View Post
            I humbly apologize if I have offended you and your style.
            Part of my arrogance is because I used to be an ass with my friends and hung out with not so good people (I know, I was one of them) and we would fight and test different personal methods against each other out of survival and I still hold this attitude because I'm human and learning. I get personal because sometimes people talk about fighting and martial arts like it's some kind of game and it feels like certain stylists and teachers, that truly are masters of their craft, are supporting this idea when it clearly is not a game. When these students claim a style they get hurt simply because they are talking about advanced level things, like getting out of the way at the perfect time and applying a technique. I know you understand that martial arts teaches very serious life skills, far beyond physical combat as you have mentioned, but people want so bad to be the best fighter or martial arts masters when they spend time theorizing over training and end up hurting themselves or others. I have come across a lot of these people in real life, so sorry I assumed you were one of them. Once again, my apologies and may you be blessed with good lessons and training along your martial journey.

And sorry Jembru if I have offended you with my comment, I did not mean to come off as arrogant or rude just a statistic I have noticed with that type of situation. I did not mean to sound cold if it came off that way. You are lucky that your ex was so well trained (I always wanted to learn Mantis), and it is respectable that he trained so hard and I hope you overcome your fear.

It's interesting what you say about the ease of achieving black belt. When my language exchange partner was still job hunting, I asked her why she didn't consider teaching judo. She laughed at me and said because she's shit at it (actually, she said, 'hetakuso kara', because she's Japanese, but you know what I mean). I was kinda surprised, because I assumed the bar would be higher in Japan compared to the West. According to Miyo, if you attend classes long enough, whether you're good or not, you'll end up moved up the ranks. That seems so wrong to me.
            Yeah, there is a school around my town that teaches and ranks like they do in Japan, and it takes about a year to get your black belt. I know of several Menkyo Kaiden Shihans that have only trained for 8 or 10 years at that school, when that title is usually saved for the best of the best- like founders of schools and styles and maybe one or two of their best students or disciples in Japan.

From what I've seen from the Japanese trained martial artists (I watch Shorinji Kempo almost every year at the local Obon festival that has 2-4 black belts from Japan- it's awesome) when they are 1st and 2nd degree black belts they are okay, more like brown belts in America or Europe (training time and skill wise) but when they get to 3rd or 4th and higher, they are really good. America and Europe seem to really pride the black belt because it takes anywhere from 2 to usually 4 years to get to your 1st degree. The Jujutsu school run by the Sensei trained in Japan pumps out a black belt a month just about. So many black belts it's ridiculous. The teacher their is awesome and was special forces and some of his students are really good (he is also a Ninjutsu master under Hatsumi), but it's like a baby factory. But they are all really, really nice, so there is that as well.

When a lot of people get their black belts they bail, that's why it seems like a cheat to get a black belt in a year- your basics aren't refined enough, but then again, in Japan they seem to teach by principles or specific techniques so the method of training is different, but then again, the students really aren't that great in the lower ranks, but amazing in the higher levels.

Comment

Working...
            X