X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reference Photos Wanted

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
    Just and FYI on the tee-shirt contest...yeah, not going to win or probably even get printed. My score was only 2.8 out of 5 and I got more 1's = UGH than 5s. Ah well....
    SERIOUSLY? I looked through some of the others and they were all comparatively WEAKSAUCE.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
      SERIOUSLY? I looked through some of the others and they were all comparatively WEAKSAUCE.
      I rated all of them in that category (I think there were 36 or something, right?) and I only gave out a few 5's, one of which was obviously for Rowan because... obvious! Most of them were 3's but I also dished out a bunch of 1's because they just weren't that good! Rowan's was definitely one of the best ones and I'm really sad to hear that the overall score was a 2.8. wtf!?

Maybe someone thought it was a forgery because IT WAS THAT GOOD!
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Thanks guys. Eye of the Beholder and all that. There's always another contest....

And I'm painting someone fabulous anyway. It's a totally made up character. It's gonna be great.

Comment

Thanks guys. Eye of the Beholder and all that. There's always another contest....
          Plus don't forget that lots of people give bad scores to other submissions in order to win. That's how your 1 votes were given to you I'm 100% sure.
          [4:82]

Comment

Maybe they thought 1 meant awesome, and 5 shit...
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
              Maybe they thought 1 meant awesome, and 5 shit...
              That or they're uncultured swine and didn't recognize awesome Dark Crystal fan art and just thought it was a creepy looking...whatever the heck Aughra was supposed to be cause I forget
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                Plus don't forget that lots of people give bad scores to other submissions in order to win. That's how your 1 votes were given to you I'm 100% sure.
                I've seen this happen in quite a few competitions.

Don't worry Rowanwood - yours was brilliant!
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I have been painting away.....I have a new one to share...drum roll please....

Guess who?

(See full size here: http://maeveschild.deviantart.com/ar...253A1390332911)

Comment

I have been painting away.....I have a new one to share...drum roll please....
                    Guess who?
                    TYLLUAN! I love the feathered tree branches all over, especially on her chin. She looks properly ethereal
                    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

that.
                      is badassedly cool.

Awesome job!
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

You still lookin for reference photos?
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Not sure about Rowanwood, but if you don't mind myself using them as well I'd be more than happy to take a stab at using some more as well
                          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                          sigpic

Comment

Sure, though I'm going to alternate between these photos and other art projects. But yes, please. I'm always happy to have options.

Comment

Oh that is just amazing!!!! I'm off to show everyone! And you have SOOOO flattered my nose! Thank you so much - it's really incredible!
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                                I found my pentagram pendant yesterday and decided to wear it! I look more witchy in this than entirely intended but have fun with the hair and glasses and piercings, heh

Awesome photo, Bjorn!! Totally like Susan from Narnia Chronicles ))))
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X