X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
    I couldn't finish Bioshock. No idea why - I found the setting and story fascinating, but the gameplay just felt a little off and kind of ruined the experience for me, ended up stopping half way through.
    At the moment, I'm annoyed with fetch quests. I also find the actual gameplay super trivial.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Im just at Victory Road now, I'm not the kind to just play a game none-stop and trying to complete it as quick as possible. I've had a lot of fun exploring, doing contests, and Pokemon-amie in Alpha Sapphire.

Comment

To jump in with another Game,I am playing Final fantasy 9. Has been a while since I have played this one. I last replayed it on PS2,now playing it on PS3. Interesting thing about the PS3 is it will play ps1 games but NOT ps2 games. Good thing I still have my ps2 that I got used from a friends kid. I kinda love the old 2d games from the ps1 days. FF9 is what is known at the time as 2d-3d a simulated 3d,done in 2d.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
          At the moment, I'm annoyed with fetch quests. I also find the actual gameplay super trivial.
          Yeah, the system of combat, swapping between weapons and spells etc. was awkward for me, and the game itself not especially challenging.

As for WoW, I think I've burnt out again. Now that I've seen all the zones and finished all the dungeons, I can't justify spending hours a day making numbers next to my internet elf go slightly higher when I could spend that time studying, training, meditating, with friends, whatever.

I'll knock it off for a year and come back when they've released a bunch of new content to check out.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            To jump in with another Game,I am playing Final fantasy 9. Has been a while since I have played this one. I last replayed it on PS2,now playing it on PS3. Interesting thing about the PS3 is it will play ps1 games but NOT ps2 games. Good thing I still have my ps2 that I got used from a friends kid. I kinda love the old 2d games from the ps1 days. FF9 is what is known at the time as 2d-3d a simulated 3d,done in 2d.
            FF9 was the last Final Fantasy game I liked. The art style is weird, but I liked how it got back to the class system, and didn't have a whiny emo protagonist.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

has anyone played guild wars, especially the newest one? I was told it was great, so I tried a while back. They have a month free trial, though that's on one of the older versions.. I played it for about 3 hours and gave up... the graphics were poor and the gameplay was boring... But now I've heard people praising the newest one, and well, it looks pretty good.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                has anyone played guild wars, especially the newest one? I was told it was great, so I tried a while back. They have a month free trial, though that's on one of the older versions.. I played it for about 3 hours and gave up... the graphics were poor and the gameplay was boring... But now I've heard people praising the newest one, and well, it looks pretty good.
                Played it, it's alright. I may go back to it at some point, and Rift, but I've sort of gotten sucked into Warlords of Draenor recently and time is a stupid thing when you're balancing games with RL.

Comment

The most recent GW (gw2 I assume) is ok. Brilliant graphics and outdoor zone design (although they went back to the EQ style patchwork zones where you have to load between each zone and there's only one or two entries, which sucked then and sucks now), I like the classes, although the skill/spec systems need some serious work, and the battleground/instanced match style pvp is a lot of fun. The large scale server v. server pvp is only fun if you have a large guild of hardcore players to coordinate with, otherwise it's just a zergy mess. The dungeons are terrible though, both in design and reward, as is the loot system and pvp reward system, getting to max level is pretty grindy, and their "content additions" are barely more than WoW-style holiday world events. It's an ok game (good time killer, especially without the monthly fee) which could be an amazing one with a little work.

Comment

hmmm... I think it would probably still annoy me... For a time killer I'll just stick with LoL.
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

A game many may never have heard of,it came out for the Nintendo in the way back,and was only released in Japan. It has however been translated from the Japanese and made to run from an emulator. The game is called StarOcean. I have played the translated emulator version,and it is a VERY addictive game. It is hard to describe the game play,but if you can get snes9x emulator,and search for the translated game online. I think you "Might" find it interesting...they have tried making a modern update of it for the play station and the PSP...

Not sure how they did with those updated ones. If you get a chance,check this unique game out..It is an RPG BTW

- - - Updated - - -

Just a link to give you some idea bout Star Ocean.

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/snes/so1/

- - - Updated - - -

If one wished to know more about this game,one "Might" just go here.

http://fantasyanime.com/valhalla/starocean.htm
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Star Ocean sounds very, very... Familiar, I swear I've heard that name before somewhere!
                        When I'm feeling particularly lucky/savvy with tech I'll try to run it, emulators and myself tend to not mix, at all ._.

I've actually gotten pretty addicted to the dungeons and dragons inspired MMO Neverwinter (double xp winter holiday woo hoo), which is bad because exams, but it's so good xD
                        Work hard Play hard.
                        What is history?

Comment

Star Ocean 2 (ps1) and the third Star Ocean (PS3) are available in English. Just the original wasn't made for this half of the planet. SO2 is one of my absolutely all-time favorite video games. The third... not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                            Star Ocean 2 (ps1) and the third Star Ocean (PS3) are available in English. Just the original wasn't made for this half of the planet. SO2 is one of my absolutely all-time favorite video games. The third... not so much.
                            The first one came out on PSP! I also loved SO2. SO3 was...eh. All right.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Yeah I stopped buying consoles at the PS2 and then started PC gaming. :P

Comment

so I'm slightly bored. does anyone else play league of legends?

Also, I'm considdering buying assassins creed unity, is it any good?
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...