X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming

Yeh,that freemiem stuff just soaks you left and right
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Thrudr View Post
      Is it pay to win though? I've spent (I really don't want to know how many) hours on Skyrim and was reluctant to buy ESO because of the monthly subscription. But then it became free to play. I'm thinking about purchasing it, but not if they still make you pay for things like access to certain area's or strong, important items.
      I haven't hit endgame yet (Tinkering with too many characters) but everything in the microtransaction shop is either cosmetic or convenience (mounts for example, which games like WoW do anyway). If you sub (but you don't have to) you do have access to dlc packs like the Imperial pack (Imperials are the only race that can be in any faction, they're a good melee race from what I hear). It's by no means pay to win but there is a bit of an advantage if you sub instead of buying all the packs individually.
      My biggest gripe is that you have to pay for the new expansion (Imperial City, IC) but I'm not massively fussed as I'm really enjoying the level process at the moment and IC is endgame content (pve/pvp).

BIG WARNING THOUGH, DON'T EXPECT AN ELDER SCROLLS GAME THROUGH AND THROUGH.
      It's not made by the same team that made Skyrim/Oblivion. It's more an MMO than it is an ES game, level is more of an issue and if you want the freedom of choice and RP elements straight off that you get in other ES games you will be disappointed (There is a linear storyline you generally have to follow with a few sidequests).
      You can be a werewolf/Vampire though, which is a nice bonus ;P

Edit: Tl;dr I wouldn't say it's pay to win, but you do need to fork out and buy IC (and MAYBE a sub) if you want to get seriously into endgame content but the game is still great without.

Go Go Origen!

I'm always looking for new and cool book and food recommendations, feel free to message me ;P

Comment

Does anyone play Hearthstone here? I need help with Heroic Explorers!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrudr View Post
          Is it pay to win though? I've spent (I really don't want to know how many) hours on Skyrim and was reluctant to buy ESO because of the monthly subscription. But then it became free to play. I'm thinking about purchasing it, but not if they still make you pay for things like access to certain area's or strong, important items.
          It's 100% not play to win. Torey and I don't play in Cyrodiil, which is the PvP section, but all the PvE sections are completely not dependent on real world money. We HAVE spent real world money, but it's on things like mounts (my pretty piebald horse and his guar) which have all the same stats as the base game mounts. Plus I've bought some upgrades that you will get playing the base game anyway... I just bought them because I'm a pack rat and I do ALL the crafting stuff and I NEED MORE INVENTORY SPACE RIGHT NOW!

You can't buy armor or weapons with real world money. And the stuff you can buy makes almost no difference to your ability to complete quests. It just makes your game prettier, or shortcuts some of the legwork.

There are two DLCs, but they are both designed for players of a particular level. Torey and I are Veteran Rank 3 (it ranks to 50 slightly faster than Skyrim, then up Veteran ranks about 4 times slower... so you could say we're about level 60), and we've been playing for about 4-5 months now. I don't want to know how many hours we've put into it, but we aren't high enough level for the Orsinium DLC yet. A casual gamer would probably get a year or more out of it before they needed to think about Orsinium. And if you don't want to play PvP you can completely ignore the Imperial City DLC.

Originally posted by Mootipi View Post
          BIG WARNING THOUGH, DON'T EXPECT AN ELDER SCROLLS GAME THROUGH AND THROUGH.
          It's not made by the same team that made Skyrim/Oblivion. It's more an MMO than it is an ES game, level is more of an issue and if you want the freedom of choice and RP elements straight off that you get in other ES games you will be disappointed (There is a linear storyline you generally have to follow with a few sidequests).
          You can be a werewolf/Vampire though, which is a nice bonus
          Torey and I are achievement collectors, and I'm totally OCD about exploring every single inch of the map and doing every single sidequest. I actually don't agree that it's got less freedom of choice than other ES games. It's got more of a 'race through the main quest' opportunity, but if you take the time to do everything rather than just grind through, there's plenty to do and see. I'm a hardcore Skyrim fan, and I was not disappointed by ESO at all. I was expecting to be, because I'd heard lots of sentiments like the one above. But I love ESO. I love it almost as much as Skyrim, and better than Oblivion. Morrowind will always have a special place in my heart as my first ES game, and nothing will ever top Skyrim for me, because it's Skyrim and I'm a Nord at heart and the landscape just takes my breath away (it's also beautiful in ESO). There are things I'd do differently if I were in charge (Cadwell's Silver and Gold are really, really low points), but I wholeheartedly disagree with the idea that it's not a true Elder Scrolls game. I think they've done a good job balancing the MMO with the traditional ES feel.
          Last edited by Rae'ya; 01 Dec 2015, 04:18.

Comment

It's all about the PvP and meta game for me. Love Shadowbane and EVE for the lack of quest emphasis(Shadowbane has no quests at all) and political play. Also, the enjoyment of taking from your enemy what he has spent months building up is second to none. Plus, reading their tears on the forums.

Comment

Chickadee and Sharkbait like to play How to Train Your Dragon online...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Just started playing Diablo 2 just because I found the disks again. I love/hate this game,mainly cause I am addicted to it while playing.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Just started playing Diablo 2 just because I found the disks again. I love/hate this game,mainly cause I am addicted to it while playing.
                  If you've never heard of it, Hero Editor for Diablo 2 is pretty entertaining to play with if you've already beaten the game before. But I feel your pain for being addicted to it
                  Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                  Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                  sigpic

Comment

Playing Diablo 3 on play station 3...also Playing Neverwinter Nights that my Daughter got for me(She knows I love RPG's)

NWN installed fine on Win7,no probs.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I just played through Planescape: Torment for the umpteenth time and am now revisiting all the old Interplay games. Working on Baldur's Gate now.

Also been playing an online medieval survival game called Reign of Kings and have immensely enjoyed the griefing opportunities. Capturing other players, putting them in cages, destroying their bases, stealing everything they own. I am not a good person in the online gaming world.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                        I just played through Planescape: Torment for the umpteenth time and am now revisiting all the old Interplay games. Working on Baldur's Gate now.
                        I've been playing a lot of Pillars of Eternity and Dragon Age: Origins while I wait for the full release of Tides of Numenera.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                          I've been playing a lot of Pillars of Eternity and Dragon Age: Origins while I wait for the full release of Tides of Numenera.
                          How is Origins? I've had a lot of fun recently with Inquisition (not the least of which is cheering crowds when the character is declared Inquisitor but my humor might be a little twisted). Should I acquire Origins at some point?
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I have also been playing the Tides of Numenera early access. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              Should I acquire Origins at some point?
                              It has some really slow and tedious parts, the controls and gameplay can be pretty janky, and it definitely shows its age. It is really good though, good enough that I bought it three times. It's in my top five Bioware games.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

It has some really slow and tedious parts, the controls and gameplay can be pretty janky, and it definitely shows its age. It is really good though, good enough that I bought it three times. It's in my top five Bioware games.
                                Cool, I'll look into it later. Thanks for the reccomendation.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X