This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming

I like gaming, but I never really bother with it. Unless Tetris on the NES counts...I'm an addict.

Mostly art.

Comment

hubby and I are going to start playing the original EQ (for free) via project1999.org...
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I'm really into Oblivion and Skyrim. I've beat all of Oblivion (plus the Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles) and I'm working on Skyrim right now (slowly). I'm really not much of a gamer. I enjoy a handful from different systems but Oblivion and Skyrim are really the only ones I've really liked.

Does anyone else like Skyrim?

Comment

It's neat isn't it? It's a little different than Oblivion and I don't really like the new character designing system they made but it's ok. Not as good. Do you like it?

Comment

I'm frothing at the mouth waiting for Diablo III. I actually thought about trying to get a copy of Skyrim while I waited another decade for Diablo to come out (I've literally game fasted waiting on Diablo, because everyone thought I was going to fail out of college when Diablo came out due to addiction, so I cut my losses and stayed off games). I just don't have all the fancy systems I used to have at my disposal to play games like Skyrim.

I really want to look into getting a PS2 for cheap though. I really miss the Legacy of Cain games. But then, I'd also like an XBox for Prototype 2 among other games.

I'm so outta the loop; these are probably all ancient by today's standards. Besides D3! Whoo!

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

By the way, if anyone here has a PS3, check out "Flower." It won Independent Game of the Year in 2009. Its premise sounds lame--it was made to be basically non-violent, non-competitive, and you get rewards in game for taking a ten minute or week-long break from playing, which seems super bizarre and a bit hippy dippy, but it is so much fun, and it is so relaxing. It's especially a must-have for lovers of music; the game heavily relies on totally unique, engineered sounds that come together musically. It was $10 last I checked in 2009.

It doesn't hurt if you toke. Just saying.

Comment

Ignoring the endings, Mass Effect 3 is awesome and has met or exceeded almost all my expectations. On the second playthrough now.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I play, dare I say it , world of warcraft. The sad thing is, Ive been playing it for 6 years xD ahahah

Comment

Been playing Guild Wars 2 beta all weekend! It's AWESOME!!!!!!!
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My husband plays Skyrim. He's got a mod that makes all the characters naked, lol. His eventual goal seems to be Skyrim: Population 1.

We've been trying out different MMORPGs in a desperate attempt to not return to WoW. Blizzard/Activision pissed me off so much w/the RealID/battlenet thing, and making Diablo III battlenet only. And now there's this whole panda expansion coming out. But we'll probably go back just because every other MMO seems so lame compared to the sheer playability of WoW. I'm not much of a gamer grrrrrl per se, I like fantasy RPGs, some old-school Nintendo stuff & that's about it.

We tried out Star Wars: The Old Republic. It was ok. Kind of like WoW in Space. The graphics are deliberately toned down for performance, but the game still has performance issues. PvP is almost unplayable due to lag. I like the ability to flirt with the NPCs, and to play a Sith which means getting points for being a dick. I know next to nothing about the Star Wars universe, though.

Tried a new game in Beta - TERA Online. It looks like a lot of the FTP browser games, with anime-style characters and oversized weapons. It depends on chaining skills together. The camera moves like a side-scrolling console game, though, which rendered it completely unplayable for me. Instead of backing up your toon turns around & runs toward the camera. Your toon turns right or left, the camera keeps looking forward. There's no way to pin the camera behind the character or anything. You also can't change your keybindings much beyond stringing the skills together.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

AAwww I wanna play Guild Wars 2!!!! I have played WoW, Aion, Rift, Star Wars, COD, Fable, Sims, GTA, and a lot of really old games. I had a love for Tomb Raider and then still have my NES Nintendo system <3. That's about it. I believe MMO's to be addictions, and you will NEVER fully give it up. I relapse every other year. I'm not playing any right now, but I have the itch to get back on Star Wars. I'll probably hold out until I can play Guild Wars 2.

Comment

@ Wind
                        Lol ^^ i play world of warcrack as well.. have been since BC release. 5-6 years? I've lost count.. the memories kind of all meld together >.<
                        Last edited by Azvanna; 15 May 2012, 03:42. Reason: ambiguous who I was talking to.

Comment

Aaaaah, my kind of community

I play World of Warcraft too. I've been raiding on my holy troll priest for a while, and recently I've gone back to my first main, a kitty druid. Still love the game, looking forward to Mists of Pandaria, and there's no end in sight for me!

Comment

Anyone an EvE Player?

Comment

Ex WoW addict, I tried going back but.. it's ruined... Now I'm on GW2. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                                Ex WoW addict, I tried going back but.. it's ruined... Now I'm on GW2. ^^
                                What sever?
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X