What do you collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you collect?

Tons of books on Zen, mindfullness, self help, natural healing etc. Also, I collect sea shells, feathers (occasionally find a wild turkey feather on our land) cool pinecones when I'm out west, sea shells, pieces of raw amber I tend to find on our property in Vermont, driftwood, black t-shirts hehe (I'm not goth but I think black looks good on me and it's my simple go to outfit to throw on a black t-shirt).

Comment

I like to collect sea shells as well, rare flowers and I have a huge collection of a bunch of different crystals
      My Divination Shop

Comment

I collect the cries and lamentations of the damned.

And also curious antique or pseudo-antique objects that usually end up on my altar.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I have 21 albums of tarot cards and 35 of stamps and postal history. I don't count the 2000 books, as they're for reading, not collectables. It's interesting how few people seem to collect only one thing!

Comment

I honestly don't entirely understand collecting things just to have them sit there and do nothing. Like those people that collect baseball cards or other stuff and then tuck them away to be "protected" in boxes, closets, and safes. To me, that doesn't make any sense. They're just hidden, out of sight. I suppose you could take them out and look at them, but to keep them locked away ...

Comment

I collect little figurines and statues of angels and witches that I keep in a curio cabinet
              "Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer,
              The future's uncertain and the end is always near"

Comment

Originally posted by Stardust View Post
                I collect little figurines and statues of angels and witches that I keep in a curio cabinet
                At least in a nice little cabinet they can look pretty and you can see them.

Comment

^This is what a think about when I hear someone mention curio cabinets. All the creepy secret and sacred things that could be hidden there.... And of course the sheer poshness of the cabinet itself!

I just realised that I *ahem* might collect Swedish crime novels.
                  baah.

Comment

Records - I have hundreds of them and I love going hunting for new ones.
                    Postcards - I pick them up almost everywhere I go and put them on my wall in little clip frames.
                    Beer mats - I have beer mats from all over North America and Europe. I love finding new ones for local beers!
                    Heirloom seeds - a new collection. I don't have many yet, but I relish finding new plants and keeping up the tradition. I won't buy these. I have to acquire them.

There are other things I have a lot of (books, fabric, sewing patterns, etc), but the above are the only things I'd say I collect (as in specifically go out looking for them with the intention of curating a collection).

Comment

Hey, postcards! I have a thing for postcards too, never even realised. I tend to grab a card or two from different places. Especially if they have those amazing space things with hologram effect. I don't usually look after them, I end up in tourist-y souvenir cafes anyway. And those places are full of local postcards.
                      Another thing I remembered: stones. Usually just from longer trips but if there's a piece of rock that catches my interest, why not. Then I put then on my "altar" (a thing that looks like an altar but I seldom do altary things) and I've thought about starting to draw or write things onto them. I don't do big rituals or use any kind of "spiritual props" but if I did, I might go for those customised pebbles. And it's cheap.
                      baah.

Comment

I forgot about stones and shells! I also pick up stones and shells almost everywhere I go.

Comment

Rocks and crystals! I'm absolutely mad for them - always have been. Must be my love for geology. Most people hate going on walks with me because if I see a rocky area, you bet your ass I'll be there for at least the next half hour. XD I also collect traditional and "folkish" things on my travels. A simple snowglobe will not do for me. Oh, and magnets of the places I've been. :P

Comment

I like crystals and geodes. I collect shot glasses from travels and if I just see one I can't live without. I have a significant collection of pewter and ceramic dragons. Also a small weapons collection including swords, daggers, and guns. A small collection of comic books. Mostly mainstream Marvel.

Comment

Oh! I forgot about my magnet collection. Also, vintage *this is something we totally know is unsafe today* advertising (like radium make up and arsenic soap) and WWII Navy posters.

And I have a lot of shells and beach combing stuff. But its not a collection so much as a compulsion.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Waves tempting old timey naval stuff in Thals face.....BTW Thal,I used to have a flat hat(you know the type)

I got it from an Aussi sailer on the Hmas Vampire,so very cool...lost it over the years..

http://www.anmm.gov.au/whats-on/vess...r-hmas-vampire

The sailor and I swapped uniforms BTW while in Hong Kong....Booze was involved....
                                Last edited by anunitu; 20 Jul 2015, 10:12.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X