X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartmanhomer
    replied
    Re: Dungeons And Dragons Discussion Thread

Anyway my party and I are having a very difficult time killing a dretch and it's taking forever trying to kill this demon.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 19 Jan 2017, 15:53.

Leave a comment:

• Bartmanhomer
    replied

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Eric Spade? That's... a novel name for a drow. Haha. I take it that was written before you weren't allowed to be a child? (Says you're 10). Glad you're enjoying the campaign so far.

The campaign I follow on Twitch, High Rollers, has a drow character. His story arch for the Shroud of Eyes (a mask) was some of DM Mark's best storytelling. My addiction to High Rollers is getting pretty bad tbh. Watched the entire series twice over on youtube already (over 30 3 hour installments so far). On the bright side, at least I don't watch minecraft let's plays anymore. I can listen to D&D streams while doing other things so it frees up my time I guess.
    His last name is named after a playing card suit. And his personality is based on a Knight of Swords Tarot Card. This is the first game D&D game that have been active so far. My last two games was ditched by DM because they weren't committed to keep part continuing the game.

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

Eric Spade? That's... a novel name for a drow. Haha. I take it that was written before you weren't allowed to be a child? (Says you're 10). Glad you're enjoying the campaign so far.

The campaign I follow on Twitch, High Rollers, has a drow character. His story arch for the Shroud of Eyes (a mask) was some of DM Mark's best storytelling. My addiction to High Rollers is getting pretty bad tbh. Watched the entire series twice over on youtube already (over 30 3 hour installments so far). On the bright side, at least I don't watch minecraft let's plays anymore. I can listen to D&D streams while doing other things so it frees up my time I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Bartmanhomer
    replied

What's your back story? What made you leave the underdark and go journeying with a band of strangers? I like the drow. I'd consider playing one myself but I wouldn't want to make it all dark and mysterious because there's a bit of a tendency to go down the gothic path with a drow character.

I'd do something weird like grow up feeling like I was a cheery halfling born in the wrong body, or I was abandoned as a baby and raised in the Underdark by svirfneblin!
    You could look at my character sheet of Eric Spade to this link: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1025339

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well I'm been playing my third Dungeons and Dragons game for 2 days now. I ask my DM if I could play a child but he wouldn't allowed it. So I'm play a full adult Male Drow Rogue. Anyway My Party and I just kill a group of demon creatures and we're going to battle some more. Finally I'm playing an active D&D 3.5 game
    What's your back story? What made you leave the underdark and go journeying with a band of strangers? I like the drow. I'd consider playing one myself but I wouldn't want to make it all dark and mysterious because there's a bit of a tendency to go down the gothic path with a drow character.

I'd do something weird like grow up feeling like I was a cheery halfling born in the wrong body, or I was abandoned as a baby and raised in the Underdark by svirfneblin!

Leave a comment:

• Bartmanhomer
    replied

Well I'm been playing my third Dungeons and Dragons game for 2 days now. I ask my DM if I could play a child but he wouldn't allowed it. So I'm play a full adult Male Drow Rogue. Anyway My Party and I just kill a group of demon creatures and we're going to battle some more. Finally I'm playing an active D&D 3.5 game

Leave a comment:

• Bartmanhomer
    replied

Anyway I'm getting ready to play my third Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 game. I'm going to play a Neutral Good Male Drow Rogue but with a twist. The twist is the male Drow rogue is a child.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 13 Dec 2016, 17:28.

Leave a comment:

• Bartmanhomer
    replied

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
    Huh. I don't remember seeing those in the books. Maybe if I buy the DM a taco, he'll let me make one up?
    It's in the D&D 3.5 Pathfinder campaign.

Leave a comment:

• Chessa
    replied

Huh. I don't remember seeing those in the books. Maybe if I buy the DM a taco, he'll let me make one up?

Leave a comment:

• Bartmanhomer
    replied

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
    I'd always thought about doing simple in-game readings, and find a way to work it into a Bard character. Or as sort of a variant of the "deck of many things". They even have modified lists to correspond with the cards of a tarot deck.
    There's are prestige classes that specialized tarot decks. I believe it's the fortune-teller and harrower prestige class.

Leave a comment:

• Chessa
    replied

I'd always thought about doing simple in-game readings, and find a way to work it into a Bard character. Or as sort of a variant of the "deck of many things". They even have modified lists to correspond with the cards of a tarot deck.

Leave a comment:

• Bartmanhomer
    replied

I have a D&D story that you might like BMH. It's about tarot!

JP is DMing a sequel to the weretiger campaign he ran last year. He's been recording the sessions so I can listen to them at work, although I never followed the original story so don't entirely know what's going on.

Anyway, despite being a skeptic, JP is curious enough about tarot to want me to teach him how it works and he even let me do my first reading for another person in over 6 years on hom! He was reasonably impressed and got the gist of how tarot is meant to work. Then he asked me if I'd do readings for the characters in his campaign. He knows their background and also what he's planning so could verify what I was saying.

It was a really good training exercise and the cards were totally on board and playing along. I predicted the potential death of one of the player characters and JP confirmed there is a BIG boss fight coming up that could go very wrong if the players make careless choices. Even the other readings hinted at the loss of a friend. JP was most excited that roughly the same cards kept coming up for the future section. I recorded the readings so JP is thinking about using the readings in the campaign itself!

JP is still a skeptic, but he's coming round to the idea that tarot can be used as a tool to help you work through your thoughts and problems.
    Excellent. I do tarot reading with my D&D games. I even ask a friend of mine about how's my second game will turn out. (He's also a tarot reader) And he told me that everybody will enjoy my character but in the end there will be some problems.

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

I have a D&D story that you might like BMH. It's about tarot!

JP is DMing a sequel to the weretiger campaign he ran last year. He's been recording the sessions so I can listen to them at work, although I never followed the original story so don't entirely know what's going on.

Anyway, despite being a skeptic, JP is curious enough about tarot to want me to teach him how it works and he even let me do my first reading for another person in over 6 years on hom! He was reasonably impressed and got the gist of how tarot is meant to work. Then he asked me if I'd do readings for the characters in his campaign. He knows their background and also what he's planning so could verify what I was saying.

It was a really good training exercise and the cards were totally on board and playing along. I predicted the potential death of one of the player characters and JP confirmed there is a BIG boss fight coming up that could go very wrong if the players make careless choices. Even the other readings hinted at the loss of a friend. JP was most excited that roughly the same cards kept coming up for the future section. I recorded the readings so JP is thinking about using the readings in the campaign itself!

JP is still a skeptic, but he's coming round to the idea that tarot can be used as a tool to help you work through your thoughts and problems.

Leave a comment:

• Bartmanhomer
    replied

Hey everybody. Anyway My first D&D 3.5 Game was an epic fail because the DM have to take care of his adopted baby. So I start with a second game with new people and new DM. So far my party defeat a group of Evil Drow.

Leave a comment:

• Chessa
    replied

I get what you mean about the characters *and* enemies being overblown: I call it DragonBall Z syndrome. When your characters can punch a hole through space and time, and everyone has run out of gimmicks to keep interest alive, what do you do then?

Personally I avoid that by taking sick pleasure in watching the barbarian nearly kill himself for a bag that only has 2cp, or the party putting the paladin (wis 4) ahead to find all the traps. It's no fun if they're not afraid!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X