This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions about Islam (Ask Away!)

Islam actually doesn't dig images of any human beings. It's to prevent idol worship. It's actually something I like. The idea that God isn't some white dude with blue eyes being represented across the globe makes me happy. I bet for believers it's a closer feeling to their god. You sorta are forced to deal with god as what it is, an omnipotent being. As opposed to a Santa Clause god. You won't be mistakenly adding human attributes to it. Know what I mean?

I could be off. But that's the gist I got.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I can dig it Sister Dragon mistress...
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Islam actually doesn't dig images of any human beings. It's to prevent idol worship. It's actually something I like. The idea that God isn't some white dude with blue eyes being represented across the globe makes me happy. I bet for believers it's a closer feeling to their god. You sorta are forced to deal with god as what it is, an omnipotent being. As opposed to a Santa Clause god. You won't be mistakenly adding human attributes to it. Know what I mean?

I could be off. But that's the gist I got.
        ^^this. Love it.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

This isn't exactly Islam related but it's the only Abrahamic that thread active and it sorta applies; I stopped saying "bless you" when people sneezed and instead say "Gesundheit" because I don't feel it's my place to 'bless' people. And I'm German, so there.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Interesting Juni,I never thought of the "bless you" as being kind of taken a place of being a person to bless..as I remember it being said as a kid,it was God bless you.

Anyway good point. If I remember the story,you say the bless you,because people thought sneezing could allow a person to be invaded by an evil spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an explanation on "Bless you"

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I say Satan bless you. I honestly do.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I say Satan bless you. I honestly do.
                😂😂😋 i love it. I'd give rep for this but I'm on the stupid app.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Done Heka.but cause it is duce,you have to do Negative rep to show. I did your Rep for you..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                    There are indeed different levels of heaven and hell, but all human beings end up in either one of them. You may be talking about what's known as Al A'raf (The Heights, or The Elevations) which is a place between heaven and hell where people whose good deeds are equal to their bad deeds go to, to be judged by God. The Qur'an talks about them in a Surah which has the same name.

So the Qur'an tells us about these people who are right between heaven and hell, which in the end are entered into heaven because of God's mercy. We also learn they are people whom those who entered hell have claimed that God will never show them mercy, so God turns to those people in hell and asks, aren't those the people whom you swore would not receive my mercy? And then he enters them into heaven.

So basically, we should never make a claim about whom God will enter heaven and who he won't. I'm sure we all know people who others have judged and claimed they'd never be worthy of heaven or God's mercy. So we should never make that mistake, lest we end up like those people in hell.

Here are the ayat from the Qur'an:
                    Soooo.....

If I ever end up in hell and feel a need to limit the amount of incoming company then I should start condemning people as loudly as I can in the hope that Allah shows them all mercy to spite me?

Can I exploit this feature while I'm still living? Preferably without eating a lightning bolt?

No. I'm not being particularly serious. If nothing else, I'm pretty sure that Allah will catch on to what I'm doing and return the favor in practical jokes (or large objects applied to my head, depending on his mood at the time). I just find the idea amusing.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

So,Mask is this kind of an Orange one move to limit the immigrant incoming to your own private Hell?...And who is tapping your phone?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Done Heka.but cause it is duce,you have to do Negative rep to show. I did your Rep for you..
                        Haha yeah I have been around long enough to know about Duce's negative rep lol. And thanks

RIP

You cut your hair short
                        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Not to derail the thread, but can someone explain duce's negative rep?

Comment

Long story,you might ask Juni or Thal..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
                              Not to derail the thread, but can someone explain duce's negative rep?
                              Medusa enjoys being infamous so the admins keep her rep arbitrarily low. Barring an act of mod, it would take a concerted effort by all senior members +ing every post she has to have a hope of getting her in the green. You aren't likely to find anyone who naturally gets a rep that low because being adequately offensive is more likely to end in a ban.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Medusa enjoys being infamous so the admins keep her rep arbitrarily low. Barring an act of mod, it would take a concerted effort by all senior members +ing every post she has to have a hope of getting her in the green. You aren't likely to find anyone who naturally gets a rep that low because being adequately offensive is more likely to end in a ban.
                                So if you like something, you neg it, not pos it.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment