• Show
Clear All

Re: Humanism

I want you to inform me of what these "societal ills" pervading the US are
    Good thing I don't live in the US.

Mostly art.

Comment

Its the cold that protects you Vol..the moral badness can't survive the cold of Canada..Lucky you guys...
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        Good thing I don't live in the US.
        I can only imagine that your social ills happen behind closed doors at this time of year....otherwise they'd freeze off in the below 40...

Oh, the Depravity! The degradation!! ...tastes good with chocolate.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

As quoted from SAR(seeking a religion)

Does this mean you distrust humanity of being able to survive on its own?
          I certainly do ! Do you mean that you cant see whats occurring with Man playing his own diety and pretending the Creator doesn't exist ?
          Is that an accusation concerning my ability to perceive reality because my view differs from his(I assume it is he)
          Last edited by thalassa; 29 Jan 2015, 05:46. Reason: fxd ur code (take 2)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Were the Romans post modern secular humanists?

I ask, because from what I know of Roman culture those dudes look about as depraved as anything I can imagine...

Enjoying the spectacle of children being torn to pieces by wild animals must be pre-post-modernist secular humanist depravity.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I always thought the Romans were exceedinly religious.
              Last edited by thalassa; 29 Jan 2015, 05:53.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                I always thought the Romans were exceedingly religious...
                Nah - the Roman Empire was a 2000 year long frat party.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Nah - the Roman Empire was a 2000 year long frat party.
                  But with gods (and then with God). Even frat boys go to church now and then... ( I know this from having been a sorority girl).

Also, I like pie. And Theodore Parker.
                  sigpic

Comment

What theological version of pie are we talking about,not the decadent banana cream one that leads one into post-modern directions I would hope.

- - - Updated - - -

About the frat boys and church...more likely a place of quiet to get over the hang over,and also sleep without someone drawing something rude on your forehead...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      And so being able to bench a lot makes for better moral ability? please explain "counter culture"...And a question for you...how many times have you faced down death,and walked away...just wondering. I have almost died several times in my lifetime over the years...So I wonder where you derive your absolute wisdom.

Not saying almost dieing gives you wisdom,but it does give one some perspective.
                      I was asked if I were an Old Guy to which I responded I can do 200 lbs still on the TriCep Machine ; morality wanst even part of the discussion. Therefore, you presented a non sequitar.

Counter Culture is a common term used to describe Someone who is against the current philosophical Beliefs and LIfestyles because they bring much harm and devastation to others and hence a Nation at large. It is the fallout from Man wanting to be his own irresponsible authority.

I have faced down death a few times starting at the age of 4 when I had serious Rheumatic Fever and continuing into my adulthood .

I obtain my wisdom and truth from The Bible which has never been proven to be wrong , from the spiritual gift of wisdom and discernment bestowed on me by God, and from looking at Gods very nature, character, and Person which is the ultimate truth standard (as Webster states : ' Truth is fidelity to the original ' . The original is the Creator of the Cosmos and us in it.

What is your ultimate truth source ? And is it based more on subjectivity rather than objectivity ?

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        Were the Romans post modern secular humanists?

I ask, because from what I know of Roman culture those dudes look about as depraved as anything I can imagine...

Enjoying the spectacle of children being torn to pieces by wild animals must be pre-post-modernist secular humanist depravity.
                        I love you a little bit.

I always thought it would be neat to go back in time to the Roman Era. They openly worshipped hedonism, chaos, and war (and a bunch of other stuff). I think I'd have a good time in Rome.

Edit: I could really get behind that whole Gladiator thing, you know.

Mostly art.

Comment

Truth is dependent on reality being stable,and at times it does seem to remain stable,BUT with time reality can shift just a little bit...For a time the idea that the sun orbited the earth seemed to define reality. Reality for some was a flat earth......as always relative views define reality...and everyone has a different perspective...

Because a book exists,does not make its contents true,not even when its contents are attributed to a deity...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking a Religion View Post
                            I was asked if I were an Old Guy to which I responded I can do 200 lbs still on the TriCep Machine ; morality wanst even part of the discussion. Therefore, you presented a non sequitar.

Counter Culture is a common term used to describe Someone who is against the current philosophical Beliefs and LIfestyles because they bring much harm and devastation to others and hence a Nation at large. It is the fallout from Man wanting to be his own irresponsible authority.

I have faced down death a few times starting at the age of 4 when I had serious Rheumatic Fever and continuing into my adulthood .

I obtain my wisdom and truth from The Bible which has never been proven to be wrong , from the spiritual gift of wisdom and discernment bestowed on me by God, and from looking at Gods very nature, character, and Person which is the ultimate truth standard (as Webster states : ' Truth is fidelity to the original ' . The original is the Creator of the Cosmos and us in it.

What is your ultimate truth source ? And is it based more on subjectivity rather than objectivity ?
                            Are you a troll? Because you've been spouting this nonsense in half our threads.

Mostly art.

Comment

My personal opinion of you(SAR),is that perhaps you are wrapped to tight for the internet...perhaps even wrapped to tight for your own good...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking a Religion View Post
                                I obtain my wisdom and truth from The Bible which has never been proven to be wrong ,
                                I can think of wisdom and truth from the bible which has been proven wrong. The bible specifically states, that it is the will of God that Tyre will be destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar and that it will never be rebuilt.

It was destroyed by Alexander the Great, and it was rebuilt and is still settled to this day.
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X