Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How has your practice changed over the years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How has your practice changed over the years?

Inspired by one of the questions in the survey Corvus posted. Some of us have been here a long time; some of us have been practising some kind of spiritual thing for a long, long time.

How's that changed for you over the years?

(omg, look at me and my attempts at facilitating discourse!)

Mostly art.

Re: How has your practice changed over the years?

I think for me there are main functions that have changed.

(1) I tend to do less so called magical workings. Spell work is very limited for me now. Not that I disbelieve in its capability / influence I just find that it is not a end all thing that I used to consider.

(2) My usage of rituals / ceremonies has also declined. In part due to my own medical issues and aging. Cold weather, rain and mist tend to be more painful so they deter me from doing things. Most of my rituals / ceremonies used to be conducted outside for the most part so that was a considerable change. i still do some inside but the complexity and duration of them has diminished.

(3) I tend to feel much less connected to the so called larger Pagan Community. Because of that loss of sensation I tend not to be as active on-line or even in real life groups. The so called external stimulations and interactions have diminished quite a bit. I think I've also become more unaccepting of things I see being pushed.

(4) I think I have dropped a lot of the whistles and bells that went with things. I have places where I do ritual / ceremonies but the idea of in-depth altar's, ritual tools and trappings just sort of fell away over time. I suppose in a sense everything became more spiritual / emotional vice the physical and projecting mentality.

All that aside I have not changed my beliefs regarding which divinities I am bound to and honor / worship. I still perform the same daily rituals of lighting candles, making devotions / offerings / libations.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I've gotten lazy about a number of things even by my own standards and should probably address that. I've never been overly big on ritual or obvious casting but I've gotten lazier and more apathetic than I used to be and should probably get of my *** but I need to do that in several areas of my life.

I've also put less effort into tracking other pagan communities online which leaves my grasp of certain things somewhat stagnant.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've also slacked off a lot, but my beliefs are unchanged. Today being Samhain, I loved that when I went on my walk, a lovely black kitty crossed my path from left to right.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X