X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Altars

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
    Those are GORGEOUS!! Wood burning, yes? I just got into it myself
    That they are, and thank you ^_^ I've got a bunch more that I did that I've been working on selling as well. Some of its on my etsy, but a lot of it's also posted to my studio's facebook page.
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
      I started making altar tiles recently myself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2946[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2947[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2948[/ATTACH]

Just a few of them
      What are those for, anyhow? I have one I bought almost 10 years ago, but I stand it upright on the wall of my altar.

PS: they're beautiful!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
        I started making altar tiles recently myself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2946[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2947[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2948[/ATTACH]

Just a few of them
        nice tiles! I especially like the one on the right

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          What are those for, anyhow? I have one I bought almost 10 years ago, but I stand it upright on the wall of my altar.

PS: they're beautiful!
          Focal points if it's stuff with your particular god/goddess or the pentagram and such, to look pretty, or with the wheel of time one I did, keeping track of major holidays and whatnots.
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

You people are so talented! I hope those altares will concentrate the best of energies for your practices! :happeh:

Comment

10338840_761710523853379_2757965743633192887_n.jpg

This is my working altar. My devotional altars to the Gods are still in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
                Thought I'd bring this one back from the dead, it seemed to do ok XD

Does anyone have any piccies of their altar (if you have one) and/or any tips on creating one?

My piccies will be up son, as soon as i've cleaned my altar XD

x
                This is my working altar:

As for tips, my altars have always been spaces that consist of a mixture of deeply personal items and symbolism and practical working tools. What goes into creating an altar is based on what purpose the altar is meant to serve.

My wife and I have a common ancestor/idol altar, separate from our individual working altars, for honouring our respective deities, guides and ancestor spirits. It looks unlike either of our working altars - and is more of a display meant to show reverence as opposed to a functional working space.

I also have a devotional altar set up for my grandmother that is purely a place at which I feel that I can share a connection with her and honour her life with various items she possessed as well as things that I come upon which remind me of her.

Comment

IMG_7901.jpg

Devotional Altar. Haven't gotten all of my statuettes yet, but this is what I have so far.

Comment

I have three altars in my home, a Seasonal/Sabbat altar, a Working altar, and a Healing altar. The rest are Deity and Spirit Shrines.

2014 74 Kuan Yin Healing Altar Shrine.jpg This is my Healing Altar, featuring Kuan Yin and Green Tara, along with a blue veil, a prayer book, a healing candle, rose quartz, angelite, jade, a tealight, and an offering of willow bark.
                    Down here is one of my four shrines, dedicated to Artemis and my Spirit Animals. It's a mixture of items sacred to Her, gifts from nature, and figurines for my Companions and Guides.

And lastly, is my Working Altar:
                    2013 62 Kitchen Altar.jpg My stove top : Have a red candle dedicated to Hestia, and two favorite tools--a kettle and a spoon (although I usually work with wooden spoons).
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by DyslexicPagan; 13 Jul 2014, 12:10. Reason: I dunno, trying to figure attachments out

Comment

IMG_20140808_1.jpg
                      my altar right now. Its pretty plain, but it is kinda nice i think. I always have to deconstruct it after working at it though, so that I don't have to answer questions. I was working on some spell polish when I snapped the pic.

Comment

I'm a college student living in a dorm, so my altar isn't very elaborate or anything. One day I'll have a big, pretty altar, but for now, this is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Acorn View Post
                          I'm a college student living in a dorm, so my altar isn't very elaborate or anything. One day I'll have a big, pretty altar, but for now, this is it.
                          I like your bear ^_^

Comment

Wowie some of these are really beautiful. I just began moving into a new apartment and Im very excited to set an altar up myself.

Comment

here is a bit of an update on mine.
                              MY PAGAN STUFF (1).jpg

My pagan stuff @ night.jpg

Comment

20140908_235403.jpg
                                Newer pics of my altar. I've gotten more stuff haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X