This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Altars

ok this is pic of my altar last January.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Here's a basic set up for magick. No lit candles in the pic; there would be three of them.

DSCF0009.jpg

Comment

Everyone has such beautiful altars! I love going through this thread and seeing all the pretty pictures, so I wanted to add mine to the collection too

Here's some pics of my working altar:

It's an old chess game wooden box; I like it because the top slides open and has storage space inside. It's also small and portable, so I can use it on my bed or take it somewhere outside easily.

And here's some of my more permanent devotional altar/shrine:

Someday I really want to get a statue of Athena to add to both altars; right now I have owls representing her, but I'd really like a nice statue (or preferably 2, a small one for the working altar and a larger one for my more permanent devotional altar). Unfortunately, I haven't come across anything that speaks to me as of yet.

Comment

Nice altars, SleepingCompass.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
            Nice altars, SleepingCompass.
            Thank you

Comment

This is the altar (Phee helped make it) for Chain:

0103150721.jpg
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Here is mine. This is the most recent iteration. I'm always changing things around. I'd like a nicer table, and I'm not wild about the light switch, but I don't have another place to put the altar. This is just a 21" x 21" masonite board on top of small plastic utility shelves. I may look at garage sales when the weather gets nice. The pictures on the wall are Odin, Thor, Freyr. I copied the idea from the Uppsala temple. A framed Nine Noble Virtues. A thurisaz rune (for Thor). Three oak twigs. A bottle of mead. The statue of Thor. My horn, obviously. Incense holder, candles, offering bowl for some mead for the deities and spirits, my small bag of runes, my new seax which I will also use as a cooking knife, and the hammer. No one but me will ever hold or use the seax. I offered it to Thor.

Attached Files
                śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Thalassa, that's beautiful

Thorbjorn, you have some impressive stuff! Very well thought out A light switch kind of works for Thor, doesn't it? Lightning/Electricity!

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post

Thorbjorn, you have some impressive stuff! Very well thought out
                    Thanks! I'd actually like the matching statues of Odin and Freyr to complete my copy-catting of the Uppsala temple, but that would be about it. I got crazy buying Hindu and Buddhist stuff. Not this time!

A light switch kind of works for Thor, doesn't it? Lightning/Electricity!
                    D'oh! I'm such a dolt! I like your take on it.
                    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Here is mine altar at the moment. I have one shelf, the rest of the self is just candels, books and cards and a lot more. I have my godess Aphrodite, the green man, pentagram, need to buy me some new candels for the pentagram candel holders. have a bell, some of my crystals, s bowl of water, a little buddah statue and some money to go with it, incence burner, seasonal greenery, pendulums, faries and also the godess Artemis but she does not show on the picture. i do tend to change it during the seasons. I have so many nice things which I on occasions change I hope you enjoy the photo.

IMG_20150116_135039.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So many beautiful altars

Comment

Luna, love the altar. There are so many beautiful altars on here! Unfortunately I do not have one at the moment. I do have one, but I take it down and put it up on the sabbats. Hopefully, in our new apartment, I will be able to set up a real altar!
                        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Dukali View Post
                          Luna, love the altar. There are so many beautiful altars on here! Unfortunately I do not have one at the moment. I do have one, but I take it down and put it up on the sabbats. Hopefully, in our new apartment, I will be able to set up a real altar!
                          Thanks, not everyone have altars set up like this some keep it in boxes and set it up when they are working So just like you

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3702[/ATTACH]
                            Very pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                              Very pretty!
                              Thanks I tend to change it during seasons, sabbats and special rituals.

Comment

Luna, yours is gorgeous!
                                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                                X