This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Altars

Ok, so I am trying this photobucket thing, it might make posting pics a little bit easier....I hope !

This is my outside altar,sadly it is packed away for the winter, but this is how it looked.

What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

and this was my indoor altar,I have since changed it and will get a pic of the new and improved one soon

What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Everyone has lovely altars!! I'm going to post mine when I get home tonight!
        It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I simplified my altar over the weekend, looks very spiffy now. Wish I had the knowledge and capability to post a photo.

Ieft the four colored votive glass candle holders for the four elements,
          the chalice and athame to represent the god and goddess,
          my owl and butterfly symbols for my guardian spirits,
          my favorite jewelry (a crescent moon necklace and an owl necklace),
          my small offering plate with the tree of life and a mooon showing through the branches,
          and my black and silver pentacle,
          and hanging on the wall above, my handmade wand and my drone flute.

That sounds cluttered reading back through it, but compared to the amount of stuff that was on there before - it really looks spare. And very nice. Good way to start the calendar new year. Thanks for the inspiration.
          ------------------------

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
          - robert anton wilson -

Comment

This is my small alter with athame on the front.

Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

This is my main altar in it's normal state.

This is my altar set up.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I cleaned mine Trying to find space to spread everything out a little, I have far too much clutter
                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I have a metal lion statue (which will soon have a sun disk) to represent Re and there's a silver box to one side a little glass canister filled with salt, a wiccer pot box thingy different kinds of rocks(grantite, basalt, some pretty red and green ones) there are two small candles flanking the the lion and an inceanse holder off to the side. Right now there is a glass cup I fill with water as an offering. This is all on a shelve that's pushed into the wall. Sorry no pics resolution makes them too big to post
                  Circe

Comment

[quote author=Amelia-Mary link=topic=109.msg27911#msg27911 date=1294701150]
                    I cleaned mine Trying to find space to spread everything out a little, I have far too much clutter
                    [/quote]

You are not alone. Every time I see something that looks " Neat!" I either make it or buy one. And with 40 years of that were talking major clutter.

I is a pack rat deluxe.

Comment

This thread on altars is very interesting to me as I seldom get to see other peoples altars like this. Everyone's altar reflects some the designers personality as well as their beliefs. I like that.

Oh, sorry for all my misspellings in the previous post as spelling and grammar are not my strong suits.

Comment

I still need to unpack my altar and get my ritual room set up (so excited my new house has the un-used breakfast nook that would be PERFECT for a ritual room)

Comment

So this is my altar I finally have it all set up. On the left is a bowl that I made and it looks kinda childish but that is probably because I do not have a talent with paint what so ever lol. I have candles, incense, chalice, athame, pen, chalk, salt, stones, my nursing pin, and my college patch on the altar. On the right is my BOS. I plan on adding some runes which I am attempting to make right now, and also adding a mortar and pestle. Let me know what you think!
                          sigpic

Comment

I like it alot! The bowl doesn't look childish it looks awesome! (Although coming from a child(teen) you might wanna take someone else's opinion too) But I like! I especially like what you've done with the candles
                            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Liadan, your altar is lovely! My grown-up opinion (*snerk*, if 30 is grown up) of your bowl is: it's really nice! I like the color and your design.

Here's what my altar looks like right now, newly tidied and finished for the new season.

Evergreen with paper flowers (I'm broke, so hand made is the way to go), Brigid's Cross, pentacles, and of course - lots of candles! I feel good about this altar. I sense quite a bit of positive energy when I go near it. I can't wait until I light all the candles! I plan on placing a small offering of milk in a glass vessel of some sort for Brigid when I have my ritual, too.
                              Last edited by winterviolet; 01 Feb 2011, 15:23.
                              How very special are we
                              For just a moment to be
                              Part of life's eternal rhyme

Comment

I really like your Brigid's Cross, I attempted at making one but I rushed and failed lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X