New to Paganism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to Paganism

Oh, I'm not running away. I just didn't see the new posts at first. I still have tons of questions that I've yet to discover.

As soon as we get it set up I will take a few pictures and post them.

I also have a new thread in the ceremonies category if you wouldn't mind looking at that too that would be great. And please don't think I'm crazy upon reading it.

You aren't being pushy. More information the better.

Comment

Re: New to Paganism

Originally posted by Havex View Post
      I've been through the Gods and Goddesses. The two that stick out the most to me are Mars and Venus. They jumped at me. But from this point forth I don't know where to go.

I'm not quite sure what I'm suppose to do so any advice or guidance is much appreciated.
      Well, first look at how or where you got introduced to Paganism. That might clue you into what aspect might appeal most to you. For example, I came into it from a strong academic interest in history and mythology, so I am very much a mythographer and my focus in my religion (Wicca) is on its history and the interplay between mythology and ritual. But someone else might have been introduced to it through popular media and spontaneous experience, and so focus on nonstructured ritual and mysticism.
      Paganism is a really broad category of religions, cults (in the social studies sense), and spiritual paths. There's a lot of go on. Some of it is polytheistic, some of it isn't. Some of it is highly structured, some of it is spontaneous and wild. Some of it is strictly gendered, some of it isn't. Some of it eschews boundaries at all.
      What I can tell you for certain is, it has strong links to the Romanticism of the 19th century, the Occult revival of the same era, and the 1960s Counterculture. These are still the biggest influences on Neopaganism today, but even so it continues to grow and evolve. And there are, as I said, many paths to choose from--or one can go with none at all and be a consummate eclectic.
      The best advice I can give you is, read a lot. Read as much about mythology, Modern Pagan history, ancient history, and the Occult as you can. These subjects will give you the most information about Neopaganism and the related Polytheist Revival (which I do class as separate, but intertwined, things).

Comment

Working...
      X