Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name the animal you're most drawn to

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
    Despite what my name suggests, Bear has only ever been a spiritual guide and mentor for me. We hibernate within each other like lost friends, rediscovering each other cyclically like clockwork. As for bears in real life, I've never seen one out in the open (but this is because I live in KS, where bears have the good sense not to be).
    Speaking as someone who lives in a state where bears actually live: you'd probably be better off not actually seeing one out in the open. xD

Comment

Originally posted by Unlogisch View Post
      Speaking as someone who lives in a state where bears actually live: you'd probably be better off not actually seeing one out in the open. xD
      I'd guess that would depend upon which type of bear it is. West Virginia has a lot of Brown / Black bears and we see them quite a bit. About the only time we have to worry is when they have a cub or cubs with an adult for then the mother gets really touchy if you come between her and her cub(s).

I recall a few years ago when I was going to work coming around a curve on the mountain to encounter a Black Bear sitting in a breakdown spot eating the remains of a McDonalds French Fries from the box. Not once paying attention to the cars that slowed down to observe it as it sat upright and chowed down. I think the most potentially dangerous encounter I ever had was walking into an orchard near the top of a mountain at dusk and seeing a large rock stand up to grab an apple and only then realizing it was a large bear I had seen in the shadows and had been walking towards.

This is not to say they are not dangerous and have not hurt people though. Like any wild animal they have to be respected and one has to be aware of them and the potential for danger.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I'm a dog person. Totally, utterly and completely in love with dogs. Especially my dog, lol. I have a serious yearning to work with exotic sighthounds, but I think my next dog is going to be a rescued greyhound, since that's probably the closest I'll ever get to something like a sloughi. And I love my snakies, too - especially boas and pythons

Spiritually speaking... Stags, bears, seals, coyotes, bees, and the Columbian mammoth.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

For me, it's the small domestic birds, especially the hummingbird and swallow. And cats, cats are good.

Comment

My totems were never something I really expected. They just came to me through many dreams.

Like one night, I had dreamt I was standing in a field. In front of me, was a bear, who

- - - Updated - - -

Oops.... I accidentally hit Enter. Can someone please delete my message? Thanks in advance!

Anyhow, what I was going to say was this:

My totems were never something I really expected. They just came to me through many dreams.

Like one night, I had dreamt I was standing in a field. In front of me, was a bear, who was staring at me. But yet the bear hadn't acted in any aggressive manner at all. You can say that the bear was staring at me in a more friendly manner. When I looked up what the totem meaning was the next day, it sounded EXACTLY like me.

That wasn't the only dream I had that involved bears, though. My next dream about the bear happened this way:

There was a mother bear and her cub. I was the mother bear, and one of my internet friends was the cub. How I could tell that I was the mother bear, was that I would look down, and there were my huge bear paws. I was also standing on four legs. In front of me, was the cub. Despite appearances, though, I had somehow felt and knew that the cub was actually my friend. Apparently, the cub was scared and crying. So as a mother bear would do, I went up to the cub and tried to comfort her. I remember that I put one of my paws around the cub, as if I were hugging her. And then I said something along these lines: "It's gonna be okay. I'll protect you."

After lots and lots of thinking about this, I had found out that my second dream had something to do with protection. However, if you want to know more about the bear totem, then you can go ahead and either read about it, or look it up on Google. It apparently won't let me post links here, so yeah.

Remember that I said "totems" in my first sentence? The bear isn't my only totem.

A few weeks after I first dreamt about the bear, I had another dream that had to do with the tiger.

In the dream, I was in the backyard of the house I used to live in when I was little. All of a sudden, a tiger was chasing me, and I was running away. Even though I was running away, however, I actually wasn't scared. The tiger had soon come to a stop, and she had looked at me as if she were testing me. But yet, I still have no idea what she could've been testing me for, though. As I was waking up, I saw a white figure of the tiger, running towards me. But soon enough, I was so sleepy, that I soon fell back to sleep.

But however, the tiger actually isn't my main totem, as it's properties aren't quite like me, except for the fact that I'm a night person. The Tiger is actually my messenger totem, while the Bear is my main totem.

Comment

On a mythological level I am drawn to dragons and phoenixes, though as for existing animals I am most drawn to serpents, felines, and wolves, and maybe ravens.

Comment

The Bear It is my totem animal
                silly old man

Comment

I just love so many animals I don't really know. My favorite animal has always been the Zebra though, i've always been drawn to the Zebra for some reason. Also big cats like tigers, lions (and bears oh my lol not really I just had too, sorry hehe) etc. Owls, I love owls recently. I love all animals I mean but drawn to them more for some reason. Dolphins.

I'm not sure what my spirit animal or any of the like is. I'd love to find out one day, maybe it's an animal i'm already drawn to, maybe not. I have no idea.

Comment

Wolves and Dogs.

Comment

My spirit guide is the Red Tail Hawk, not only is the spirit realm, but it also guides me in real life as well. When i am in the woods often times one will fly from tree to tree keeping a watchful pace with me. Occasionally when I am camping out in the woods when i wake up in the morning there is one perched near my tent screeching and there will be a feather on the ground in front of my tent door.

Comment

I'm drawn to dogs, they're worthy companions at home and on the hunt.

Comment

I am most drawn to cats.
                          I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

At various times throughout my life, I have felt different animals apply something to my life, these would be: Owl, Raven, Hawk, Fox, and Mother Wolf

Owl let me see and criticize everything around me further

Raven let me criticize what was within myself and learn from it.

Hawk let me learn to control my life and look at the "big" picture instead of zooming in too closely.

Fox taught me to be cunning and resourceful in my thoughts and actions, and to not always take the most direct route.

She Wolf however, is my true totem. It seems odd, me being male and having a She-Wolf as my "totem/power animal" but I've clearly felt this, and know that she above all else has been shaping and is still trying to shape me. She tries to make me more sociable, family-oriented, caring, and less shy.

Comment

Well, I'm drawn to all of them except the human species. But the one that comes to mind immediately is the jaguar.
                              "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

When I was still in grade school I was really drawn to foxes, wolves, dogs, jackals, anything remotely canine really. Over the past few years I've been really drawn to a couple bird species, vultures, condors and herons especially. My spirit guide is a serpent.

Comment

Working...
                                X