Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are there repercussions for suicide?

When one commits suicide, they die.

If there is any punishment, it is left to those who survive to suffer, and they do suffer.

I'm a husband and a father - suicide is off the table because I will not torment my wife and children via my death.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      When one commits suicide, they die.

If there is any punishment, it is left to those who survive to suffer, and they do suffer.

I'm a husband and a father - suicide is off the table because I will not torment my wife and children via my death.
      I've thought many times of committing suicide, but I will not do it because of my family. I love them and I would not want them to suffer as you commented. It wouldn't be fair to them.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
        I truly think it depends on what state the human being was in when comitting suicide. In some (well actually in a lot of cases) the person comitting suicide is rather the victim, instead of the murderer. There are such severe cases of mental illnesses, naming depression as only one of them. These chemical imbalances and actual physicial and mental problems IMO make the person unaccountable for his/her actions. This person is not in the correct state of mind to be making sane decissions. So lets say there is a God/Goddess/whatever everyone believes in...and lets say for a moment there is a "trial" and a "reward" and "punishment" etc... Would a mercyful and loving God/Goddess/etc ever hold this person responsible for such an act?? They did not ask to feel this way...this helpless...they did not ask to be mentally ill, or have physical health issues that cause these kinds of behaviours. And on top of holding them responsible, would they punish them?! This person has clearly suffered enough as it is. In these cases I do not think suicide would be punished. I think these people would finally be granted the peace they could not find in life.
        I TOTALLY agree with this. I do believe in the Goddess and God, i am just Pagan no specific type but i believe that someone who commits suicide is not in there right mind, and no i dont believe the goddess and god would assign a "punishment" for that. My uncle killed himself one night while drunk and angry. He had 2 beautiful children that he almost solely cared for since my aunt is a chief in the navy, he killed himself while they were all home and in bed and he was the most positive person i had ever met but that one night he just was so inebriated i guess that he made a horrible decision in a split second that ended his life. Now my aunt is very christian but even she could not bring herself to believe a man like him could be in "hell" for that. I don't see how a god that loves you so much could punish you for a bad decision. I do agree with the karmic repercussion also though so as far as life after death i think those that hurt others in there suicide will have to face some sort of lesson but it won't be eternity in hell as the christians believe.

Comment

Are you familiar with seppuku? It is the act of disembowling one's self while another person decapitates you, it is a very honorable thing done to restore honor when one has destroyed their family's in mostly Feudal to WWII era Japan although it still happens today. That practice is almost as old as Shinto, no repercussion in it, in fact I think it even can be considered ritual purification, which is very good to perform.

Comment

Working...
          X