X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Were the Gods once human?

Originally posted by Sondst View Post
    ... I dunno something like that lol. Sounds silly when I write it out lol
    Sounds like the old "That sounded much better in my head" syndrome. I get that a lot.

I'm getting the feeling that I didn't make myself clear, which is entirely possible. When I asked if the Gods were once human, maybe what I should have asked was "Did the Gods evolve from spirits, like we are, into Gods? Or were they Gods from the very beginning?"

I get the feeling that many of you think I believe that we start as human and then become spiritual; which I don't. I believe that I am a spirit that is stuck in a human body for the time being. I believe that I am learning and growing. My questions is what am I growing into? A much more intelligent spirit; or am I growing toward becoming a god? Or is godship more like someone getting their PhD; not everyone goes that far?

So when I asked if the Gods were once human, it was presuming that They started out like we are and worked Their way up to being Deities.

Pardon me for being vague on that point.

Comment

I believe we grow and grow and grow. I think sometimes we are reborn in other realms, in other times and as other people. We are taught new lessons and go back to learn over again. When we have been reborn numerous times and learned all that we can learn even if it means repeating a path or life then we can become stronger, reach a higher power ourselves. Who's not to say when we get strong enough we cannot create our own realms and play god

Comment

No.. the God's were never 'Human'. We, on the other hand, are descendants. I guess we should ask, instead, were we ever God's.

Comment

Originally posted by fourgottenchilde View Post
          No.. the God's were never 'Human'. We, on the other hand, are descendants. I guess we should ask, instead, were we ever God's.
          If we were gods, then gods are human. Come on. Do the math.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Since I believe that gods are representations of the human inability to say "I don't know" I have to say that when written one way, the gods were never human. When written another way they were. I see gods as human creations so it depends on the human creating it as to what the god's origins are.

Comment

My ideas about this change pretty often -certainly over the past three years they have taken a major evolution from vague notions to something slightly more substantial, but reading all the other ideas folk have expressed in this thread has opened my eyes even further and challenged me yet again - so thankyou to everyone for sharing (Sorry if that sounds a bit self-absorbed...I know it wasn't your intention to guide the Little Corbie towards enlightenment, just saying you've all had an impact anyway, so thanks where it is due.)
              Thanks to Rowanwood for introducing me to the term 'Pantheism' - I think that describes where my thinking is on this at the moment. I think there is an all-power (maybe sentient, maybe not?) that energy is drawn down from into created forms: those forms being animal, human, god, goddess, whatever so no I don't believe the gods were or are human and once the energy has taken form, I don't believe it can evolve into a different form...(well, I think there may be an exception to this but I think it needs a separate thread.) These are my thoughts at the moment but, as I said, they are very much in evolution themselves as I have only very recently started to think about some spiritual entities as being 'gods.'
              Hope that's helpful and hasn't just 'muddied the waters', many blessings, Little Corbie

Comment

They have always been and always shall be. They are far beyond and above human and never were. They are beyond incarnation in mortal flesh and transcend all things though their power is immanent.

Comment

I thought about something similar to this recently. Really it's a what-if scenario regarding the whole progression of Earth itself. Cambrian, Carboniferous, Triassic, etc. And that is the possibility over the course of evolution of human-like beings (before human was a species) that had great powers and influence over nature. This already sounds better in my head than in actual writing... But they were so powerful that they were able to create an entirely separate plane of Earth, thus creating spiritual energy. Then when humans actually did come along in evolution, those beings (now the gods) gave us the ability to interact with them by placing souls within our mortal bodies.

Again, that sounded much better when it was just in my head, but I don't believe it anyway. I just like speculating about odd random things. And this is pretty odd and random.

What I really believe is the gods are 100% spiritual but can manifest themselves as physical beings if they so choose.

Comment

Working...
                  X