Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a powerful ritual to attract faeries/increase sensitivity to faeries

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a powerful ritual to attract faeries/increase sensitivity to faeries

I really want to see a faerie, and even though I've for the most part, opened my mind, I still have a tiny, lingering doubt. I guess I would have to address that before I can start seeing them. Also, can they be seen with my physical eye? I'm guessing I would have to be outdoors, but would I need to have any specific flowers nearby? I did read of one prayer where one lights a faerie candle, and rings a bell. It's supposed to put the user into an altered state of consciousness where they can see faeries, and then when they want to go back to normal vision, they ring the bell again. I don't have any faerie candles, although I'm guessing that I can buy them from any pagan goods store. And do I need any type of offering? I was thinking of leaving out a bowl with milk and sugar or something, although I live in a group home, so I don't think they'll let me do that with their bowls. Although I could always buy paper bowls.
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: Looking for a powerful ritual to attract faeries/increase sensitivity to faeries

What on earth is a faerie candle?

Fae are nature spirits and so are much more common outdoors than in doors and in places of nature like forests or to a lesser extent green areas like parks. They can be found in cities and homes but more rarely. Usually one cannot see fae with the normal eye. There's certain myths like standing in between places, one foot in the ocean and one on the shore, at dusk/dawn (between night and day), standing in a doorway, or being a teenager make one more able to see them. Have you tried just talking? or inviting them? Milk is a good idea for most fae though if you'll get in trouble don't do it obviously. Environmental factors influence them also. For example water spirits are rarely found in deserts but may be common when it rains.

Bells are used around the world in various manners and have a long history of being able to purify areas. In general the ringing of the bell scares away or silences spirits, the bigger the bell the less it needs to be rung. In some cultures bells are used in conjunction with worship to bring prayers to wherever that culture has prayers go to. Fae in stories like to steal and play with little things like baubles so bells might fall into that category. Though, some fairies have an aversion to iron, steel and the color red.

Fae are known to be mischievous and potentially dangerous in some situations. In medieval times it was a genuine fear that fae would steal away children from their cribs if they weren't baptised soon enough, or otherwise protected. The fear of these spirits, along with substandard infrastructure and an abundance of highwaymen and wild animals, were major contributing factors to keep people out of the forest. Fairies as we see them today, little winged humanoids, became popular in the victorian era. Previously fairies were rarely winged, or even small. Their appearance in legends ranges from the inhuman beauty of Leanan-Sidhe to the grotesque features of trolls and goblins.
    Circe

Comment

Re: Looking for a powerful ritual to attract faeries/increase sensitivity to faeries

I always learn a little something when you post Corvus.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Maybe I meant incense, but anyways, I'm guessing it has smells that faeries like, and that's how it gets it's name. And I have a feeling that many of them are around here, because my house has a lot of nature around it. Mostly open area, but lots of trees, and many deer live close to my place. And for some reason, I keep losing pens, when I know that nobody here would steal them, so I'm guessing that faeries are playing tricks on me. Or some other being is.

Comment

Incense is usually pretty safe as an offering to anything. Figuring out specifically what said spirits like would help but isn't terribly necessary. I would stay away from blatantly unnatural or artificial smelling incense. It sounds like a beautiful place you live in. Maybe try to find the biggest, oldest tree you can and do your rituals at the base of it?

Losing small things has been popularly blamed on fairies but people misplace things a lot too. I'm not saying it's not fairies but try to apply occam's razor to things
          Circe

Comment

A bottle of Swiss Absinthe, some ice water, and a sugar cube or two.

Repeat as necessary every half hour.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Ahhhhh,the green Fairy...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                Ahhhhh,the green Fairy...
                Yes. This is a very, very powerful ritual, like wake up tomorrow with a butt tattoo of a female's name - but not you're wife's name - kind of powerful ritual.

:xD:
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Yes. This is a very, very powerful ritual, like wake up tomorrow with a butt tattoo of a female's name - but not you're wife's name - kind of powerful ritual.

:xD:
                  Let's hope he doesn't take you seriously! XD

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  I always learn a little something when you post Corvus.
                  Glad to hear, as long as you don't think I'm nutty
                  Circe

Comment

No,you always seem very insightful.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

You might consider lighting a white candle and state your interest in working with the fairies who have only your best/highest good at heart. Then set a bowl (paper would be fine, preferably one with a wax coating so the liquid doesn't soak it and leak) of cream or milk and strawberries or some other sweet fruit in it in a garden area or some other place where there are plants growing out of doors. Considering you live in a group home, putting the bowl in a place of concealment if possible might not be a bad idea either so that it's not disturbed.

Comment

The fairies that you want to see are the ones who will allow you to see them. Traditionally you could use clover, or look through a small ring of herbs. But to force the issue - in my part of the world anyway - was to invite eye problems.
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                          X