This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding the name of a religion

In this religion, they believe that Lucifer is the real Jesus, and there's a mother goddess named Sophia, who created the earth and everything on it. I've seen some videos about it, and it seems like a really beautiful religion. I mean, this version of Jesus is a glorious shining angel, who was oppressed and cast down by a pretender, but will return to lead his army of angels to reclaim the earth for the light and humanity. And then, there's a goddess who is beautiful beyond words, and her love is immeasurable. I still don't know the name of the god in this religion though, or maybe Lucifer is the main god.

- - - Updated - - -

My bad. The one who made the videos calls herself Lucifer, which means light bearer. Got a message back from her and she follows Luciferism, Gnostic traditions, Zen Buddhism, and I think 1-2 others.
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: Need help finding the name of a religion

Err, okay then, I wouldn't have combined Lucifer and Gnosticism but I guess the premise almost works. Sophia didn't create Earth though under Gnostic lore. That was the demiurge. Sophia predates him by a vast margin.

Disclaimer: I read the Gnostic Gospels once over 10 years ago. I may be innacurrate.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Err, okay then, I wouldn't have combined Lucifer and Gnosticism but I guess the premise almost works. Sophia didn't create Earth though under Gnostic lore. That was the demiurge. Sophia predates him by a vast margin.

Disclaimer: I read the Gnostic Gospels once over 10 years ago. I may be innacurrate.
      Technically, Sophia did create the physical world by giving birth to the Demiurge. Maybe I'm splitting hairs.

I know that there are some theistic Satanists that consider Sophia a venerable deity. If I recall correctly, Diane Vera's site actually combines them into a composite deity-form, Lucifer-as-Sophia.
      There once was a man who said though,
      It seems that I know that I know,
      What I'd like to see,
      Is the I that knows me,
      When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Unless she was directly involved in physical creation, directed that it should occur or created the demiurge with the expectation that he'd make Terra, I'm inclined to leave the feat all to him. Giving her credit feels like crediting a carpenter's mother for work the carpenter did. I guess this depends on the Demiurge's precise nature but that's my position atm.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Unless she was directly involved in physical creation, directed that it should occur or created the demiurge with the expectation that he'd make Terra, I'm inclined to leave the feat all to him. Giving her credit feels like crediting a carpenter's mother for work the carpenter did. I guess this depends on the Demiurge's precise nature but that's my position atm.

I found the answer. I got it all confused xD Lucifer has nothing to do with Gnostic Christianity. Jesus IS the Christ from Gnosticism, and the God that Gnostics believe in (at least the kind I'm trying to get in touch with) is called Father Om, while the Goddess is called Mother Azna. I think Sophia is either another name for Azna, or she predates them both. Guessing that Om and Azna came from the Demiurge after Sophia created it. Also, there is a being similar to Yahweh, he used to be a regular God, but Sophia did something to cause him to become a monster who wanted to destroy all of man (guessing he went mad, all his divinity was taken out of him, and made into lifeforms). So she decided to restore him, by using a serpent to convince Adam and Eve into eating the apple, so they would gain Gnosis (knowledge of God). From there, anyone who was descended from them would have the ability to gain Gnosis.

Although maybe I'm mixing up 2 sects of Gnosticism, there's so many branches that it can be pretty confusing, and I think a lot of my belief comes from Sylvia Browne, not from ancient Gnostic texts.

Comment

Honestly? Sylvia Browne was a horrible hack of a psychic when she was alive.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am thinking you are not searching for a path,but more like addicted to the "new car smell syndrome" applied to religion.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I am thinking you are not searching for a path,but more like addicted to the "new car smell syndrome" applied to religion.
                I just feel that this path is right for me. When so many don't even honour the Goddess, and this way is so uncomplicated and accessible to all, it just makes sense to me. How else would we achieve salvation from a loving God, other than through goodness? It was never about accepting the validity of a book.

Comment

I wouldn't call it religion shopping, anu. His beliefs have been pretty consistent, and he appears just to be questioning what is right for him within that system. We were all there at one point.

To the topic's point: I Googled the term 'zen Gnosticism.' It's I guess a fictional religion, but never described in detail; but if you think that would fit your beliefs, you could maybe use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hekla View Post
                    I wouldn't call it religion shopping, anu. His beliefs have been pretty consistent, and he appears just to be questioning what is right for him within that system. We were all there at one point.

To the topic's point: I Googled the term 'zen Gnosticism.' It's I guess a fictional religion, but never described in detail; but if you think that would fit your beliefs, you could maybe use it.
                    Yeah, tbh, the Zen part was from when I was Luciferian. Figured that Gnosticism covered all of Zen Buddhism nicely, but the Yin/Yang is still a nice reference to go by.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Honestly? Sylvia Browne was a horrible hack of a psychic when she was alive.
                    I know that some of her books didn't get very good reviews, although that's mostly because she mentions a lot of things that people already know, and other things, she doesn't mention how to find them. She did uncover a lot of mysteries though, like about faeries, tulpas, bigfoot, stonehenge, Atlantis, and many others. I think that she actually uncovered a lot of unknown info, it's just that most people won't believe it, because they were trained to only believe what we can physically see with our 5 senses. We were trained to only look at things in this reality in other words.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
                      Yeah, tbh, the Zen part was from when I was Luciferian. Figured that Gnosticism covered all of Zen Buddhism nicely, but the Yin/Yang is still a nice reference to go by.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that some of her books didn't get very good reviews, although that's mostly because she mentions a lot of things that people already know, and other things, she doesn't mention how to find them. She did uncover a lot of mysteries though, like about faeries, tulpas, bigfoot, stonehenge, Atlantis, and many others. I think that she actually uncovered a lot of unknown info, it's just that most people won't believe it, because they were trained to only believe what we can physically see with our 5 senses. We were trained to only look at things in this reality in other words.
                      Why don't you use your handy google skils to do some research into how her victims feel about her powers?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        Why don't you use your handy google skils to do some research into how her victims feel about her powers?
                        I did, and I also talked with a friend, and he told me that although Sylvia got her reading wrong about that one family's child, she did try apologizing when she found out she was wrong. The media are like vultures, they latch onto any negativity they can find, and try to spin it out of control. And her critics have been trying for years to find some way to prove her even the slightest bit wrong. She has tons upon tons of research, and almost all of it has been proven to be right. She called Obama going to office, years before it happened, and even said that gay rights were soon to follow. She's also called every major earthquake, and many other things.

Comment

There's going to be an earthquake here within the next 30 minutes. Even I can do that. Seriously, through all your 'search' for religions, this one is seriously full of shit if you take a word that hack said in her life. But it doesn't matter. I give it another week before you give up on her. So it's all good.

Comment

We had Madame Marie on the boardwalk in Asbury Park NJ when I was a teenager, and she was awesome.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Is that like the one in the Tom Hanks movie "BIG"? I remember something like that is San Francisco's "Playland"
                              It closed down in the 70's I think. Was a little off,it closed in 1966,and was considered the "Cony Island" of the west.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X