X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helped by a Wind God?

Hello to you all! :3
    I have a bit of a story from one of my experiences that I was hoping you could help me with, as I'm pretty new to Paganism, or nature-based spirituality in general, and don't really have a great deal of experience dealing with these sort of situations or ideas. Any commentary or assistance is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

It was 36C/97F degrees and I was at work a few days ago. We were working outside for a good deal of time that day, which isn’t out of the norm, but not very common. I do not do well in heat above 20C/68F, so for me it was properly difficult. What made it worse is that there was not a cloud in the sky, and not even the slightest hint of a breeze, and we were working directly in the light of the sun.

Starting about a half an hour in, and even though I had taken a break to get water already, I was feeling somewhat lightheaded and nauseous. I began to become properly frightened by the prospect that I was not going to make it to my lunch period, as I was feeling ready to collapse.

It was then, as I was feeling near collapse from the heat and lack of energy, that a cool, if not cold, breeze blew around me. I immediately felt liberated from the hot rays of the sun (despite remaining in its direct light) and I felt energised. I last for maybe five seconds, and then it was gone as soon as it came, and it was back to not even the slightest of breezes being present. From that point forward, every so often, whenever I started feeling properly tired or sickened by the heat, the same wind would come and blow around me, for the same amount of time, and then would vanish the same way.

Around the second or third time I came under the strong impression that I was being helped by a wind god, or maybe even a local deity who could influence the wind. Upon this notion, if memory serves, I immediately prayed in thanks to this deity, whoever they were. From that day forward I have somewhat unconsciously seen the wind as being more than what it seems…I’m not sure how to explain it. It’s almost as if the wind is properly alive, if that makes any sense.

I’m at a loss for the deity who helped me properly is, or why they choose to assist me, especially since I have personally not done anything to try to win the favour of any deity. This is why I also would ask if any of you are familiar with a god who would behave in such a way?

Wind deities

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
    X