stuff about Samhain, and pagan slide show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stuff about Samhain, and pagan slide show

Here's a little article from Huff Post about Samhain, for your reading pleasure, and, at the bottom of the page is a little slide show about paganism in general.

Be sure to take a look at it, or you won't be able to enjoy tearing apart the stuff you don't agree with!

Samhain 2014: Facts, Dates, Traditions And Rituals To Know
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: stuff about Samhain, and pagan slide show

1) Starhawk doesn't look at all how I thought she would.
    2) Why do they all look like Knights Templar?
    3) Dat altar. Dayum.

Mostly art.

Comment

Honestly, that wasn't poorly done.

And the pictures were pretty.

Sure, it wasn't 150% accurate, but its about as good as you can get in a slide show or quickie list.

And yeah, V, I'm with you on 1-3...although, I'd raise #2 in that maybe its more fun that way. A good portion of Paganism embraces the fantasy element as reality, or one could say they embrace the fantasy-historical element as wishful thinking...sometimes I find it odd, but generally I find it charming (and occasionally even fun myself)
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I wuz clownin'.

Actually, I thought people might enjoy seeing something half-way decent about pagans for a change.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Satanism is really not represented here. As someone who believes Satanism makes somewhat part of Neo-Paganism, I feel offended and left out...

Lol nah

It's well done. Pictures are a tiny bit stereotypical, but not too much.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Thoughts...

They estimate there may be as many as one million pagans worldwide! Seriously? Which definition of Pagan are they using? There are way more pagans world wide than that.

I LOVE the "Welcome to Stone Henge" sign in the backround.

reading along...yes, why do so many look like the Knights of the Templar?

and starting to sound like they equate pagan primarily with Wicca, which is standard where I live.

Yup, definitely focusing on Wicca.

Nothing offensive or false far as I can see.

Too bad it didn't speak much of anything outside of Wicca, but kudos to being positive and balanced!

Comment

Neeps! Not pumpkins! It's a Scottish/Irish festival and we traditionally carved neeps (turnips). Other than that, not bad...

Comment

I do have to say that focusing on Wicca as a representation of all Paganism was a little bit disappointing, as there are plenty of Pagans and paths which are not even similar to Wicca, or Wicca-based, Pagan practices. That being said, I did enjoy that the article was at least somewhat positive, and I suppose a Wicca focus is to be expected of coverage of a Wiccan holiday. :=):

Comment

It's not bad, I've seen so much worse...
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                  X