X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Establishment of a Pagan state akin to Israel for Judaism

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
    And off topic manson is coming out with new album
    Staying off topic. I know I'm so excited. I just really hope he stops by Denmark on his tour this year.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Unite those who have simular beleif system and move them to the magical land of iceland. 350.000 people in one whole nation needs outside genes... :P

Comment

We could just all go to Nomans Land (The small island of off Massachusetts) Its only about 612 acres in size. But it's apparently full of unexploded ordinance, so anybody who survives the initial landing will earn the right to a home there. And any ordinance that we don't blow ourselves up with, we can use to supply our military afterwards. It is also located conveniently close to the states, which would offer great trading opportunities. This could really work.

White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
        sigpic
        In Days of yore,
        From Britain's shore
        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
        And planted firm Britannia's flag
        On Canada's fair domain.
        Here may it wave,
        Our boast, our pride
        And joined in love together,
        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want to live in a pagan state. I need more variety around me. I'd live near it, but I'd rather not live in it.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Well, after all the issues surrounding Israel as a state formed exclusively for one religion I'm not too keen on the idea in general aha so no I don't think it'd work and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my own country (one I'm very fond of) for another brand new one purely for religious reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Northman View Post
              Well, after all the issues surrounding Israel as a state formed exclusively for one religion I'm not too keen on the idea in general aha so no I don't think it'd work and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my own country (one I'm very fond of) for another brand new one purely for religious reasons
              The problem with Israel is not the religion itself, as much as the idea of zionism. But yeah, I get what you're saying here.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Yeah sorry if it came across as me not liking judaism! I've got Jewish family so it'd be stupid if I did aha but Zionism is quite a selfish movement I think, so a pagan form of it would be just as bad

Comment

Probably...
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I had a dream like this that if I ever start writing I want to make it a boo. The US had a religious civil war and there were walls dividing the different nation and a little girl sneaked through a hole in the wall from the Pagan side to the Qiverfull side. It was really good.

But no. I would like neighbors but I don't need a mandated country religion.

Comment

I wouldn't want to live in any Religion based state, so there's that. From what I've seen they tend not to work out well.

Also, I have no more in common with many pagan faiths than I do with faiths that are not considered pagan, meaning I wouldn't necessarily end up living with like minded folks who are all tolerant and warm/fuzzy about each other's beliefs.

I'm a Pantheist, so there's also the fact that setting up such a state would be antithetical to my beliefs.

And honestly, every pagan group I've been a part of had it's regular share of ugly episodes among even the small number of people involved. So I don't see a larger group being any different. People are people are people.

Comment

In theory, it's a lovely idea, but I oppose the existence of a state to begin with. The other problem is that churches have been built over some of our ancient holy ground. The lands of the ancestors still have people who bar their blood, but trying to shove all the people who are not pagan in the area aside would cause a great deal of controversy to say the least. Which also begs the question of where it would even be. Shall we attempt to retake Sumer now called Iraq? Shall we storm Ireland? Assuming any pagan organization or population developed the clout to make such a move, no one could agree on where we would place it and I would be very miffed at the idea of trying to establish it here in the Americas. This land was unfairly taken from it's indigenous cultures. Building a state here would only continue the occupation This is assuming anyone got the power to demand and take the land to create such a country. The displacement of indigenous populations is not something I want to be part of.

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                          In theory, it's a lovely idea, but I oppose the existence of a state to begin with. The other problem is that churches have been built over some of our ancient holy ground. The lands of the ancestors still have people who bar their blood, but trying to shove all the people who are not pagan in the area aside would cause a great deal of controversy to say the least. Which also begs the question of where it would even be. Shall we attempt to retake Sumer now called Iraq? Shall we storm Ireland? Assuming any pagan organization or population developed the clout to make such a move, no one could agree on where we would place it and I would be very miffed at the idea of trying to establish it here in the Americas. This land was unfairly taken from it's indigenous cultures. Building a state here would only continue the occupation This is assuming anyone got the power to demand and take the land to create such a country. The displacement of indigenous populations is not something I want to be part of.
                          Despite popular belief, if we were willing to put the work in and build a new nation, there is plenty of uninhabited land we can use (75% of Montana is considered uninhabited or "frontier land"). Though part of me is a bit skeptical towards the legitimacy of any Christian nations built on Pagan soil, obviously I don't let it ruin my life but I do get irked by it a tad that they can have a state but we are not entitled to the same privilege.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Wenny View Post
                          I had a dream like this that if I ever start writing I want to make it a boo. The US had a religious civil war and there were walls dividing the different nation and a little girl sneaked through a hole in the wall from the Pagan side to the Qiverfull side. It was really good.

But no. I would like neighbors but I don't need a mandated country religion.
                          Well Israel is favorable to the Jewish faith but it isn't mandated, there really aren't any modern theocracies I can think of or any religious state that operates that way to my knowledge.

Comment

Iran makes a pretty good claim at modern theocracy but they tolerate (and by tolerate in this case, I mean they don't shoot on sight, nothing more) a handful of other sects.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                            X