Is a God reaching out to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a God reaching out to me?

So last night I woke up in the middle of the night and right before I laid my head back down, I saw an image for a few seconds. It didn't move but it held long enough for me to get a look then disappeared and I then wrote down what I saw and fell asleep. I've been scanning several sites with a description of what I saw, it appears a god is reaching out to me but I'm unsure, do you guys think a god is reaching out to me?

The description is a man, early 30s with reddish hair, a silver helmet (the helmet looked to have a pre-Christian Western European design to it), a full beard, he was definitely caucasian, I'd say Northwestern European, he had a stern gaze and I couldn't tell if his right eye was shut or glazed white, I just remember something was off with it (I noticed that detail a millisecond before the image disappeared). Does this sound like a god any of you have heard of?

Many thanks.

Re: Is a God reaching out to me?

Sounds a bit like Odin, perhaps, because of the missing eye and possibly the helmet (I know Norse is not Western European)? I'm afraid I don't know enough about Him to confirm that. Just spitballing here.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I second Habbalah here. Sounds like Odin.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Except for the uncertainty about the eye, I would have said Thor (my bias nothwithstanding ) because of the red hair, beard and fierce gaze. Thor has a fierce look but with his friends and family he is a big sweetheart. The caucasian and northwest European image fits too. Scandinavia is northern Europe but it's west relative to the Baltic and Slavic parts of Europe. Odin isn't usually depicted in a younger form or in battle gear, but it may very well have been Odin. If the dream occurs again, and there are ravens or wolves,or even bears, a staff or hat it's probably Odin. If there is a chariot, cart or wagon type vehicle, sky images, goats (possible wolves and bears too), it's probably Thor. Let us know if anything like this happens again. I'll ask some other Asatruars.
        śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
        śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
          Except for the uncertainty about the eye, I would have said Thor (my bias nothwithstanding ) because of the red hair, beard and fierce gaze. Thor has a fierce look but with his friends and family he is a big sweetheart. The caucasian and northwest European image fits too. Scandinavia is northern Europe but it's west relative to the Baltic and Slavic parts of Europe. Odin isn't usually depicted in a younger form or in battle gear, but it may very well have been Odin. If the dream occurs again, and there are ravens or wolves,or even bears, a staff or hat it's probably Odin. If there is a chariot, cart or wagon type vehicle, sky images, goats (possible wolves and bears too), it's probably Thor. Let us know if anything like this happens again. I'll ask some other Asatruars.
          Thanks man, especially for asking around about it. It just stood out to me, the image was so clear and I remembered it perfectly even after I woke up the next morning before looking at the paper I wrote everything down on, my dreams rarely stay remembered that long. I saw some pictures of Thor and was certain it was him until I remembered the eye. Thanks for any more assistance. There is one more thing that I just thought of.... I feel so dumb for not mentioning this before but the picture faded to black and grey clouds rolled in and there was some flashes of light in them (like lightning before it strikes) then I was out of it. I think it may be Thor, I feel like I should honor him for feeling the need to reach out to a mortal like me and I'd like to thank him for taking an interest in me, how would I do that?

- - - Updated - - -

Universal Thank you, will definitely look at pictures and paintings of Odin and Thor, I am nearly positive since the oddity of the dream itself (I wasn't even asleep) and the fact it is still perfectly remembered which is rare for my dreams that it is some divine being reaching out to me. I am certain that he is probably a Celtic or Norse God though due to his skin and just the feeling I got from him.
          Last edited by sirz345; 15 Jan 2015, 19:24.

Comment

Perhaps you have met them both at the same time and the images melted into a single one. Just a weird thought...

Comment

That's a distinct possibility, I think. Thor and Odin are very much opposites and I daresay would complement each other:
              • Odin is tricksy, given to subterfuge and at times going back on his word, Thor hates subterfuge, game-playing, and not being true to one's word.
              • Odin is wise and clever, Thor is a little slow on the uptake.
              • Thor is second only to Odin in power, maybe even surpassing Odin. Thor is definitely the most popular and lovable of the gods, Odin is not loved so much as respected and feared.

I am thinking that the shut eye, if it was for a millisecond could have been a wink. While Thor is clearly my hero and my personal God, I make sure to give Odin recognition and respect as the All-Father; they are the two most powerful Aesir. I won't go so far as to say they are flip sides of the same coin, but pretty close.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sirz345 View Post
              ... There is one more thing that I just thought of.... I feel so dumb for not mentioning this before but the picture faded to black and grey clouds rolled in and there was some flashes of light in them (like lightning before it strikes) then I was out of it. I think it may be Thor, I feel like I should honor him for feeling the need to reach out to a mortal like me and I'd like to thank him for taking an interest in me, how would I do that?...
              I am sorry that I forgot to address this, and actually glossed over it. Storm clouds and lightning are most definitely Thor's calling cards. Lightning can come in flashes like a flashbulb, without showing as a bolt. If you drink, open a bottle of beer or ale sit down somewhere quietly and ask Thor to join you, share it with him. If you don't drink he'll understand. Let your mind clear and give him a chance to speak to you, if it is indeed him. Think about what you know of him... strength, courage, honor, friendship, protection. Think of your own qualities. If yours mesh with his, then I daresay he has approached you. On the other hand, you may have potential he wants to develop in you, and that is the reason he may be calling you. Talk to him as you would talk to a trusted friend, mentor, respected and beloved older relative. That's what the gods are to us, after all... wiser, greater, older relatives and friends.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so my "go to guy" agrees it's probably most definitely Thor. However, he agrees Odin has been known to take different appearances (think of Harbard, Bolverk, and others). But I don't think he would go so far as to 99.99% appear as another easily recognizable God.

Comment

Originally posted by AnMa View Post
                Perhaps you have met them both at the same time and the images melted into a single one. Just a weird thought...
                Hmmm, I honestly don't know enough to say it is possible or impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a distinct possibility, I think. Thor and Odin are very much opposites and I daresay would complement each other:
                • Odin is tricksy, given to subterfuge and at times going back on his word, Thor hates subterfuge, game-playing, and not being true to one's word.
                • Odin is wise and clever, Thor is a little slow on the uptake.
                • Thor is second only to Odin in power, maybe even surpassing Odin. Thor is definitely the most popular and lovable of the gods, Odin is not loved so much as respected and feared.

I am thinking that the shut eye, if it was for a millisecond could have been a wink. While Thor is clearly my hero and my personal God, I make sure to give Odin recognition and respect as the All-Father; they are the two most powerful Aesir. I won't go so far as to say they are flip sides of the same coin, but pretty close.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry that I forgot to address this, and actually glossed over it. Storm clouds and lightning are most definitely Thor's calling cards. Lightning can come in flashes like a flashbulb, without showing as a bolt. If you drink, open a bottle of beer or ale sit down somewhere quietly and ask Thor to join you, share it with him. If you don't drink he'll understand. Let your mind clear and give him a chance to speak to you, if it is indeed him. Think about what you know of him... strength, courage, honor, friendship, protection. Think of your own qualities. If yours mesh with his, then I daresay he has approached you. On the other hand, you may have potential he wants to develop in you, and that is the reason he may be calling you. Talk to him as you would talk to a trusted friend, mentor, respected and beloved older relative. That's what the gods are to us, after all... wiser, greater, older relatives and friends.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so my "go to guy" agrees it's probably most definitely Thor. However, he agrees Odin has been known to take different appearances (think of Harbard, Bolverk, and others). But I don't think he would go so far as to 99.99% appear as another easily recognizable God.
                I am definitely going to try this, maybe sit outside and talk to a god tomorrow. I am not of age so I won't drink but I sure will offer him a beer!

- - - Updated - - -

Why would a god approach me? I know that may sound odd but is this quite common and I'm making a big deal out of it or is a god (seemingly) waking me up in the middle of the night to send me an image a rare thing that should be thought about seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by sirz345 View Post
                  Why would a god approach me? I know that may sound odd but is this quite common and I'm making a big deal out of it or is a god (seemingly) waking me up in the middle of the night to send me an image a rare thing that should be thought about seriously?
                  I don't think you're making a big deal out of it at all, it's not something that happens every day to us. I mean, we don't have gods and goddesses dropping in on us just to shoot the shit or chew the fat day in and day out... I guess until we get to be friends When our minds are calm and undistracted is probably the best time for a god/dess to get our attention. Does anyone pay attention to us when they're distracted? And why do the gods do it? Well, I guess they like friends to, just like we do. After all, we run into people we often become friends with, seemingly out of the blue. Not all gods are aloof, and fire and brimstone, threatening and to be feared. Many of them are "just plain folk" like us... though they pack more of a wallop with their abilities.

Comment

I don't think you're making a big deal out of it at all, it's not something that happens every day to us. I mean, we don't have gods and goddesses dropping in on us just to shoot the shit or chew the fat day in and day out... I guess until we get to be friends When our minds are calm and undistracted is probably the best time for a god/dess to get our attention. Does anyone pay attention to us when they're distracted? And why do the gods do it? Well, I guess they like friends to, just like we do. After all, we run into people we often become friends with, seemingly out of the blue. Not all gods are aloof, and fire and brimstone, threatening and to be feared. Many of them are "just plain folk" like us... though they pack more of a wallop with their abilities.
                    This makes plenty of sense, I have no idea of your age but you are quite wise in the spiritual sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X