Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offer gifts for god/godess?

Originally posted by Luna View Post
    And for another question what do you do with the offer gifts afterwards?
    My ancient predecessors "deposited" their food offerings – small portions of the main meal – into the fire. Being that I do not have an actual hearth and cannot use the fireplace, I wrap up the portion and then it goes where the rubbish does.

Some might wonder how I feel about disposing of food offerings the way I do. I would say that what is important in my opinion is that before eating I actually leave something aside for the deities whom I mentioned earlier. It is also my opinion that the deities do not personally benefit from the substance of the gift, rather they look with kindness upon those who perform pious actions.

I'm definitely not one to criticize someone over how they reasonably dispose of food or drink offerings. I know that the Ancient Egyptians consumed food and drink that were offered to the deities. I don't dispose of offerings that way though because in my tradition they simply aren't consumed.

Comment

After the offering has been out for 24 hours, I usually eat it myself, or I will respectfully discard it.

Comment

Wow really interesting to read how we all in many ways are similar, but still different I always think t is nice when we put time into knowing the ones we are dealing with, when it comes to offer gifts

For me it depends greatly on what I offer and to whom.
        Most of my offerings aren't physical things that need to be disposed of, but if I do make an offering that will require disposal, I chuck it in the bin. To me, the deities take the essence or energy of the offering and they don't seem to care what I do with the remains afterwards.

Comment

I think that is not essential to offer at the God/Godess the food or drink.
          Normally,I offer at the God/Godess the incense and the candle.

Comment

Working...
          X