The Ask a (Gay) Pagan Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ask a (Gay) Pagan Thread!

Honestly nearly every male deity I've ever been remotely connected with has scared me, feels almost like they disapprove (with a several exceptions). I feel support and love from my goddesses though...
    Circe

Comment

^My advice is to treat the gods more like people. People respond to confidence, if you feel good about yourself it makes all the difference.

If YOU approve of yourself, and are a good person, then anyone who doesn't also approve of you probably isn't worthy of your attention anyway. God or otherwise.

I'm a bi-romantic asexual, and I honestly don't care if people approve of me or not. (What does annoy me is people not understanding me, or worse saying I'm lying or mistaken.)
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

That's actually some good advice, Denarius.
        It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
        -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Good advice Denarius. I think that, as sexuality isn't a choice, it would be illogical for a deity to disapprove of homosexuality or any other sexuality. It just doesn't make sense in my opinion.

I'm perfectly at ease with my sexuality (I identify as queer... somewhat asexual) and I think the deities are too.

Comment

I think the asexual thing throws people more than Gay or bi,or whatever. I tend to be celibate,don't think about sex much(being 65 years old helps),but I am fine with where I am at now. When I was younger,I was very sexually active,but to tell the truth being that active can be kinda tiring after a while. Your(well most) older people the sex drive diminishes,and personally I don't miss it,or the expectations to "perform".
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I think the asexual thing throws people more than Gay or bi,or whatever. I tend to be celibate,don't think about sex much(being 65 years old helps),but I am fine with where I am at now. When I was younger,I was very sexually active,but to tell the truth being that active can be kinda tiring after a while. Your(well most) older people the sex drive diminishes,and personally I don't miss it,or the expectations to "perform".
              Being asexual when you're young (I'm 19) can be quite difficult at times because it's just not really heard of. People my age are generally very sexually active with a high sex drive after all. Also, a lot of people think that either a) There's something wrong with me or b) That asexual means I don't have any interest in relationships or affection whatsoever, which is certainly not the case. I love closeness, human contact and affection... just not the actual act of sex.

Comment

Aw, man! It's too bad this thread is kind of old and all possible questions have probably been answered, because I'm a lesbian and a Pagan and I like answering questions!

Comment

Hey there Lokabrenna!

I've been rather busy lately, so I must have missed your intro post; welcome!

Don't worry too much about reviving an old thread..most of our more "long term" threads are given a long shelf life, with the expectation that use will ebb and flow.

*Wanders off to find your intro, because being a Lokean Lesbian raises all kinds of interesting questions*
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                    Hey there Lokabrenna!

I've been rather busy lately, so I must have missed your intro post; welcome!

Don't worry too much about reviving an old thread..most of our more "long term" threads are given a long shelf life, with the expectation that use will ebb and flow.

*Wanders off to find your intro, because being a Lokean Lesbian raises all kinds of interesting questions*
                    I'm actually Vanatru, lol, but I hang out with Lokeans and I already use this username on several forums (there is another Lokabrenna who *is* a Lokean, she's my evil twin, or maybe I'm her evil twin and I'm just a very good actress!

I know, my username and religious affiliation are probably very confusing to a lot of people, but to be honest, I've always been somewhat of a Loki fangirl (which has not endeared me to certain Heathens, not at all).

Comment

Ahhhh.....got ya

I assumed based on the handle. And yeah, I understand completely.

Do you deal with Frey and Freya primarily then? I've noticed Frey in particular seems to attract those who don't quite "fit the box" especially in terms of sexual identity and/or attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                        Ahhhh.....got ya

I assumed based on the handle. And yeah, I understand completely.

Do you deal with Frey and Freya primarily then? I've noticed Frey in particular seems to attract those who don't quite "fit the box" especially in terms of sexual identity and/or attraction.
                        If I had to choose, I'd call myself a Freyaswoman, but Frey and Njord are also important to me. Many gay men have found a patron in Frey (which is not to say that he doesn't love heterosexual men, or women) and his priests engaged in cross-dressing and "effeminate" behaviours, so it's possible that some of them were transgender (or, perhaps, that dressing in women's clothing was part of the "uniform"), no one knows for sure. I do know that some bless "non-traditional" pairings in Frey and Gerda's name but invoke Odin and Frigga for heterosexual couples.

I've actually noticed more people who don't fit in tend to get snapped up by Loki because they don't feel like "mainstream Heathenry" is very accepting of people who don't fit in clearly-defined categories. Everyone's mileage will certainly vary, though, because acceptance really varies by kindred. I'm not part of a kindred, but there's one close to me that is very accepting.

Comment

Ah...yeah I could see that. I doubt I'd be a very good fit for most kindreds, either. I'm thinking about looking for one now that we're in a more friendly area, though.

Comment

If you could have only one flavor of icecream for the rest of your life, what would you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoph View Post
                              If you could have only one flavor of icecream for the rest of your life, what would you have?
                              Chocolate chip cookie dough, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoph View Post
                                Coffee ice cream! I have an addiction to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X