Differances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differances

What is the difference between Ancient Egyptian Religion, Romani, and Druidism?
    Last edited by AwwKitty; 28 Feb 2015, 10:37.

Re: Differances

Well for starters, different Deities, festivals, philosophies and symbolism. All of which have a different clerical structure. They'are also linked to different ethnic groups. Occult methods related thereto are also markedly different. The nature of the pre-Christian/Islamic Romani religion is notably difficult to discern. Elements of it can be found in the customs and folk beliefs of the present day Romani, but given that written records were not kept to my knowledge makes it particularly difficult.

Comment

This is quite a broad question and I'm by no way the best candidate to answer it, but I'll have a crack with the limited knowledge I have and a few swift Googles.
      Tl;Dr They're quite different.

The Ancient Egyptian Religion (Modern day; 'Egyptian Polytheism', 'Kemeticism') is a continuation of the beliefs held by people in Egypt around 3k-2k BC (might want to check dates) worshiping deities from it's pantheon, you might know; Anubis (associated with death and afterlife), Ma'at (associated with Truth and Justice) and Isis (a mother Goddess associated with Health & Wisdom).
      Some Symbols associated with Kemeticism.

Romani/Roma; Beliefs vary very widely according to the people practicing them and the influences of the area (Some areas have heavy Abrahamic/Christian influence, while others are completely different).
      The (Indian origin) ancestors of Romani presumably practiced a form of Hinduism.

Druidism is a nature based/spiritualist following with roots in Celtic Society amongst other pagan beliefs, and it depends a lot on the practitioner, there are lots of different druidic groups with varying practices.

As for differences, Quite a lot?
      History/origin is completely different; Different areas of the world/different time frames, Different festivals, Deities & modern clerical structure.

I have a hard time associating them to be honest ~.~, except for them being pagan religions there's not that many other similarities.
      Books and the internet are your friend on this one Kitty :3
      Work hard Play hard.
      What is history?

Comment

In one sentence? They focus on different things.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

As has been said, this is a really broad question. Everything including where they are from and who they worship is different.
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.