Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gods that help with confidence and self-esteem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gods that help with confidence and self-esteem?

A little bit of background information: I'm a guy in my mid-20s. I'm very very very shy and my confidence and self-esteem is shot to pieces and it's something I have struggled with my entire life. I have decided this is something I really need to work on. My father made me feel worthless from the time I was very young and I was teased a lot in high school and as a result I retreated inward. Due to my shyness, poor self esteem and confidence, I've never had a romantic relationship or been intimate with anybody whatsoever and I would like to experience that. Why has romance never happened for me?: 1) I am too shy and insecure to approach 2) I was convinced no one would want a fat, ugly loser like me; and 3) I was scared of being vulnerable. Not only that, I find the fact I haven't even been kissed at my age really embarrassing for me.

My question is, are there gods that are good with/or can help with developing a persons confidence and self esteem? Ones that I could easily reach out to? I have interests in the Germanic pantheon and I have also worked with the Virgin Mary in the past but I'm willing to look into any pantheon.

Can anybody offer any advice?

śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Re: Gods that help with confidence and self-esteem?

Hi Thorbjorn, thank you for your reply. Of all the deities you mentioned I have only worked with Thor, but mostly just prayers of protection. I've never asked him to help me in terms of my confidence, shyness or self-esteem. I have never worked with any of the Hindu deities, Freyja or Tyr (though I was very interested in him at one point) so I don't know all that much about them.

Comment

Well if you're willing to try something new...

I've found Horus and Isis to be great with helping self-esteem/self-worth issues. Isis is extremely gentle and affectionate to people who work with her - and once you get to know her, she gives you all of this loving support. She really wants to see her proverbial children become superheroes. She's good at helping people pick themselves back up. Also, since you've worked with the Virgin Mary, you might find Isis's energy to be slightly similar and therefore easier to access.

Horus is good because he was the walking, talking image of courage and confidence. He's a God of the people, like his father Osiris, and he's willing to help people reach their goals if their desire to better themselves is strong enough. And also, as a son of Isis, he shares some of her gentleness.

You might give them a try, see how it makes you feel. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Geroth View Post
          A little bit of background information: I'm a guy in my mid-20s. I'm very very very shy and my confidence and self-esteem is shot to pieces and it's something I have struggled with my entire life. I have decided this is something I really need to work on. My father made me feel worthless from the time I was very young and I was teased a lot in high school and as a result I retreated inward. Due to my shyness, poor self esteem and confidence, I've never had a romantic relationship or been intimate with anybody whatsoever and I would like to experience that. Why has romance never happened for me?: 1) I am too shy and insecure to approach 2) I was convinced no one would want a fat, ugly loser like me; and 3) I was scared of being vulnerable. Not only that, I find the fact I haven't even been kissed at my age really embarrassing for me.

My question is, are there gods that are good with/or can help with developing a persons confidence and self esteem? Ones that I could easily reach out to? I have interests in the Germanic pantheon and I have also worked with the Virgin Mary in the past but I'm willing to look into any pantheon.

Can anybody offer any advice?
          Self esteem and confidence is a state of your mind, no deity can be directly responsible for them. That's why there is, in my opinion, no "specific" deity you should focus on. Only the fact that you focus on some deity, whether it's from the Egyptian pantheon, Norse, Mayan, what have you, can easily bring you self esteem and confidence.
          Why? Because it's a deity. We often have the "Oh, this deity is a deity of this and this and this, so it can do only this and this and this" idea. But it's wrong. The deities (all of them) can do things we can't even think of.
          So I suggest that you try contacting with a deity that speaks to your soul and that you feel comfortable with.

- - - Updated - - -

I focus on the Egyptian pantheon and I have almost 0% experience with someone who's not from there. So I can only suggest, Heru and Aset, like Nixis suggested, but also Bast and Ra.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

You might be able to also look at Thor in terms of general strength and such. For instance I've spoken to Thor about me recognizing the potential and 'power' I truly possess. I told him that I want my mjolnir necklace to be a reminder/symbol of strength/fortitude/confidence/etc.

I wonder what bearing just speaking with gods and goddesses might have on confidence. It might not always be easy to speak to them...I know personally I can sometimes stumble for words and not speak very loud to them even if I'm the only one around. Maybe it's the same for you. So I wonder if just practicing speaking to gods/goddesses itself could boost some confidence insofar as speaking. I've actually been sort of working on my own speech with them. Sometimes I have trouble expressing my thoughts well to people, so while I pray I try to practice

Comment

Working...
            X