Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paganism is a religion built upon consumerism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paganism is a religion built upon consumerism?

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    One can have religious medals(crosses,pents,pagan seals,christian saints medals,eyc) I do not understand why if their is no statement it will do "Magic",and yeh some christian sometimes do that(Some TV evangelist will SELL prayer cloths they say will cure things or send wealth your way) So,if it is more jewelry,with no claim of "Magic" ability...then why ban it.
    That's what I'm saying.
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      There was so much of this, 'buy this enchanted thingy', so I welcomed the change in policy that banned these claims. It's a shame if etsy have taken this too far, but people shouldn't be ripping people off with fraudulent claims and giving honest witches a bad name.
      I've seen people selling spell kits--the appropriate herbs, candle (usually and dressed and blessed), stones, etc and a ritual outline for which to use them. Honestly, I don't have any problem with that...I think its more honest than the seller being the person doing the spell for you. While the price seems a bit high in this case (usually, when I've seen this, the price has been more like $10-20), I doubt *that* many people are actually making a living off of that, but if they are...shame on the people buying it too.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        I've seen people selling spell kits--the appropriate herbs, candle (usually and dressed and blessed), stones, etc and a ritual outline for which to use them. Honestly, I don't have any problem with that...I think its more honest than the seller being the person doing the spell for you. While the price seems a bit high in this case (usually, when I've seen this, the price has been more like $10-20), I doubt *that* many people are actually making a living off of that, but if they are...shame on the people buying it too.
        She was claiming to do the spell for you. You just had to 'release' her spell by lighting the candle. I was most surprised by the comments though. Everyone seemed to be happy with the spells, talking about how they won money, or got their ex partner back and so on. It was all very suspicous.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
        X