What happens when you die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What happens when you die?

I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of illness, pain, etc., but not death. Maybe that's a function of getting older, and having checked off my bucket list stuff; I don't know.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Re: What happens when you die?

I have two slightly differing beliefs- one philosophical, one religious - both re-incarnation.
      The philosophical one is that reincarnation to this world is the most useful and supportable belief for people on the planet as it encourages all but the most self absorbed and greedy to take some interest in the environment not just for their children, but for their next life as well. This is show in the areas with the least serious environmental degradation are not Christo-islam ( sorry guys - it's true.) There is a definite correlation between esp the christian right and not caring about the environment.

The Religious belief is that life is a struggle and a continuing one. doesn't matter if we a reborn here or in one of the halls of the afterlife - when we die in the halls we will eventually return here - and the struggle is to be the best person we can be. for there to be meaning we have to be able to continue the struggle.

Comment

Working...
      X