Hey Folks, Talk to me about Thor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey Folks, Talk to me about Thor?

Thor has helped my family several times.
    -The first time he did, there was a Demon in the house and my mom managed to kick it outside with a blessing. Later I getup and ready for work when I see a large, black, unyielding mass building up and heading towards the house. When I seen this, I didn't know what to do, a voice from where I don't know said "Call for Thor!".Well, he took care of that Demon alright.

There is a loving, gentle side to Thor. There is a whole lot more to him than what is mentioned in the Eddas

Thor is one kickass guy and a good friend if you ever need one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
      I think Thor is one of the deities who actually prefers to be treated like a buddy or 'bro'. He's kind of no frills, straight up, what you see is what you get, enjoy life and get on with it. We can't forget that he is three quarters Jotun... his passions are big, his appetites are big, his laughter is big, his capacity for hospitality and giving aid is big, his tempers are big... but short of being rude to him or his loved ones (or harming them), it's hard to stuff it up with Thor.
      I HAVE to agree here. I have been dealing with Thor for years now as my primary guardian. And honestly he feels more like a protective older brother then a difficult to relate to god. He has strong presence, but loving at the same time. He has given me strength in some terrible times and kept me safe, even from myself. I have never felt the temper side of him only the protective, shielding side.
      The experiences I have shared with him had made me honor him and respect him, even occasionally laugh.
      I do not "worship" any god, but Thor is by far the spiritual being I am closest to. I can really explain it in words. But FOR MYSELF, Thor is very important. I wear a Mljolnir around my neck in his honor, and everytime I hear thunder I (yes I really do) say "Hi Thor!". Even my co-workers smile at this now.
      I have found him a wonderful friend and guardian. I cannot explain it in words but I KNOW it is Thor.

Comment

Thor is the god who got me investigating the path to Asatru. And he's very much a god of the people.

I have a friend who has worked with Thor for twenty years. She was telling me about how she was yelling at him for bringing down a cloudburst in the middle of a gathering. She heard him call to her to come to him and he'd give her a child. Now, my friend is in her late fifties, has a grown child, lupus and is in no position to have a baby. She also didn't entirely believe that he'd give her a child. So she refused him. She was telling me this story and at the time I considered myself a Naturalistic Pagan - I didn't believe in gods and goddesses in the literal sense, just as metaphors for the forces of nature.

I kind of laughed the story off, but told her 'Hey, if Thor wants a baby, send him down my way!' (I did and still have a very strong desire for children.) And kind of forgot about it.

Now, in my neck of the woods, thunderstorms are *very* time-specific. Ninety-nine percent of the time, we only get thunderstorms at night, evening at the earliest. Oh sure, it will rain during the day, but loud, rumbling thunder only happens at night. When I had this conversation with my friend, the forecast called for sun for the next ten days.

The next day I'm at work and we get a *wicked* thunderstorm at ten in the morning. Like, 'everyone goes to the windows to watch and starts talking about where to go during a tornado' thunderstorm. I'm like: . . . . is this? But that's not -- He's not -- Shit, I don't know. I slip out to the back porch, look up at the sky and ask 'Did you come to see me?' There's a peal of thunder. I know some of you are going 'thunder during a thunderstorm? That's *occult*, that is!' But . . . I very much got the sense that it was an answer in the affirmative. So I ask if he likes what he sees (I suck at flirting). And I get nothing. And no, I didn't get pregnant, but it really surprised me that Thor would come to check me out even when I'd never honored him in any way at all.

So yes, I'm following up on Thor!

Comment

Nice to see I'm not the only one who considers Thor more of a buddy than a "down to business" god. =D

I still remember the first time I talked to him. It was storming, and I decided to go out on my bike (like a true storm chaser!) I got to a spot on the path where there was no one in sight, and suddenly everything felt different. I looked up to the sky and asked "Is that you, Thor?" The response was essentially "Yes, it's nice to finally meet you!" As always, nothing I could physically hear, but he had been trying to get my attention from a young age.

Since then (almost 7 years ago now), EVERY severe storm that has come through my state, the worst parts of it completely bypass my city. Even if it's predicted to roll right through, the storm always manages to rotate just enough so that the worst damage occurs either north or south of me. Sometimes I yell "Oh come on!" to tease him. He can be a little too protective. But then usually I get some house-shaking rolls of thunder, so all is fine then. (I really am a bit insane during storms).

And he gets along fine with Perun, if anyone wants to know.

Comment

Working...
          X