Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious What do Heathens or Norse/Germanic pagans think of the shift in deities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just curious What do Heathens or Norse/Germanic pagans think of the shift in deit

In the discussion regarding the evolution and changing of Gods through the passing of time, I am reminded of my Christian upbringing and the questions that I had raised during those dreaded weekly Sunday School meetings. If one were to compare the various actions and reactions of the Abrahamic God from the Old Testament to the various actions and reactions of the Christian God from the New Testament (which, as I believe all Christians would agree are the same deity), you will see a massive shift in attitudes. While at the time I was never given an answer as to why the same God who was thought to be all about peace and love was the SAME God who turns folks into salt and helped his prophets drown thousands, as I got older I did finally get an answer. I was told that God's attitude changed with the sacrifice of his Son, and He realized that it was a new time and a new age, and so required a new set of teachings. So, with that it mind, I could easily throw my support behind the theory that while Tyr may have been in charge at one time, something in the way of it all changed, and a lighter, less direct approach was needed and so Odin stepped up to do just that. This by no means is to say that either one was greater than the other, just more suited for the task at hand. While on the golf course, you might enjoy having a gorilla that will hit the ball 500 yards every time take your first shot, but it would be a disaster to have the same gorilla trying to putt the ball from 20 feet away.

Comment

Working...
    X