Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ave Satanas (the Ask a Satanist thread)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    You let me have no fun!
    I was just checking how old they are :P And I learned from experience not to rumble with you :P You ALWAYS win. haha. <3 x
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I didn't know where to post this. It was either going to be the LOL thread or the Rant thread. Because it made me laugh and facepalm at the same time. But then I decided to post it here, just to let you know that I'm the 'real' Satanist around here, or rather the true Anti-Christ (so it's not Marilyn Manson after all).

From: http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/02/gle...-zuhdi-jasser/

So to make this on topic, here's a question. How do you feel about people stealing your 'Satanists' label and applying it to other people?
      [4:82]

Comment

Want to give a lowdown, D? After 46 seconds, it was all I could do to not run screaming from the room. Beck drives me bananas.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

The 12th Imam is the AntiChrist.
          And that's what happens when you take lsd folks.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hey Medusa,

Are there any decent Satanism forums that are relatively newb-neutral?
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Medusa,

LaVey said that Pentagonal Revisionism could be seen as a litmus test for the aspiring Satanist. This greatly disheartened me, because I feel Pentagonal Revisionism is misguided in its means to an end; I feel the pieces of it relying on technological innovation could much more easily be replaced and fulfilled by use of imagination alone.

That said... How do you feel about Pentagonal Revisionism, and would you agree that it is a suitable Satanists' litmus test?

I feel vindicated in bending this or that point of Satanism, but LaVey pinpointed this one set of goals as the definitive test.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                Hey Medusa,

Are there any decent Satanism forums that are relatively newb-neutral?
                Very few. Whatever you do, do NOT go to the Church of Satan website. Here is the thing about Satanism. We are not in the conversion business. We aren't here to 'spread the word'. So when you go to a Satanism website, it's not for people to poke around and learn about Satanism. It's mostly for Satanists to discuss topics that are related to Satanism.

With that said, I do belong to two Satanic forums. One is strictly academic and doesn't deal well with non Satanists coming in and asking very basic Satanism 101 questions. It's rather boring at times to be quite honest. There is however a website called Modern Church of Satan
                It's a Satanism site that is more Pro Satanism and less Anti Christianity. We tend to be Satanists who have sat a while in our belief system and aren't defensive. Dumuzi is a member there (though it's been a while)It's sort of boring for him because it's not really about Satanism 101.

Siloh. It's almost midnight and I've just finished a double shift of work. I'll get back to you in the morning. Which may be my noonish.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Comment

Very few. Whatever you do, do NOT go to the Church of Satan website. Here is the thing about Satanism. We are not in the conversion business. We aren't here to 'spread the word'. So when you go to a Satanism website, it's not for people to poke around and learn about Satanism. It's mostly for Satanists to discuss topics that are related to Satanism.
                  Though, if I may add, the theory and practice section is a wellspring of resources which were helpful to me. Interviews were also revealing and generally a good read. I was surprised that you don't recommend the website, Medusa. Other than it not being designed to assist new Satanists, do you have any qualms about the site and its information?

Pentagonal Revisionism. Oh man. I had to go back into my books to remember this stuff. I could say a lot of stuff. And then end with one good sentence. So maybe I should do that. LaVey was living in a time of extreme change in the world. The 60s. So we have to take what he said in that context. With that…..I personally believe in the 5 ideals. Mind you except I’m not really into the whole android thing. Ain’t my bag man (speaking in my best Austin Powers voice). What Satanism was in the beginning is not always what it is now. The idea behind these goals was two fold. One to give a set of answers as to what we are and what we want etc. The other is to say to a Non Satanist, you dig this? No? Step aside. (sorry I can’t resist the 60’s lingo).
                  Do you see how I feel these goals can be fulfilled through less literal means and still be effective? I mean, writing, writing anything, you are god of your own world. Proficient lucid dreaming--the world is yours to invent. I just wonder about why these goals are mostly reliant on technology, particularly when the individual's imaginative powers are so emphasized in Satanism.

A true Satanist. And I really hate having to use that elitist phrase. But who am I kidding. Satanist are elitist. A true Satanist knows that Satanism is not what you read. It’s not what you believe. It’s what you do with that belief. LaVeyan Satanists do not take LaVey’s every single word and call it gospel. We do not worship him as if he were Jesus. We listen to his words. We find common ground. Then we expand with our own influences.
                  LaVey is easy to fall in love with, easy to want to follow. But I entirely see what you mean. I've also found that when one Satanic idea or another arises with which I don't agree, LaVey's more broad philosophies often allow for that disinterest. Does that make sense? It's like with my technology beef; LaVey emphasized the powers of the imagination so constantly, not to mention the general "do what works for you" sentiments, that I wonder if I can be considered as disagreeing with Pentagonal Revisionism when I believe in the end product/effect but not with the means (also not into androids ), since I believe these goals can be easily attained in even more personal and absolute ways than technology can offer us, by way of imagination and mind.

In the end Satanism is not a book. It’s the experiences of the human that makes you a Satanist.
                  Always a good reminder.

I should also point out this is just about one branch of Satanism. The Atheists/Humanistic branch. These would not necessarily be the goals of the Theistic branch of Satanism. Most LaVeyan Satanists will start off with reading LaVey. But they never end there.
                  I am really only interested in the atheistic branch of Satanism, but I guess specifically LaVeyan, because the ideas of greater and lesser magic are simply perfect for my philosophy of appropriating the pomp and ceremony of religion without a literal deity.

Okay okay, I'm sorry, I know I'm flooding you a bit here. But, see, HP Nadramia isn't returning my emails

Another question.

Until I found Petagonal Revisionism to be a stumbling block, I really thought that, yeah, I've always been a Satanic witch. I've honed my skills in lesser magic all my life in a way that seems to be "classic," if there is such a thing in Satanism, of Satanic witches.

But, as I broadened my theological research and, in particular, my study of various pagan faiths, I've found that the idea that anyone is a witch without knowing it is highly frowned upon. Nevertheless, I feel that I was a Satanic witch before I knew what that was. I don't choose to identify openly that way now, because I'm still studying everything I can, and the whole Pentagonal Revisionism thing has really waylaid me on that road. But, in terms of LaVey, I very truly feel that not only have I been a practicing (if amateur) Satanic witch but that I've known others who also have not dipped a toe into LaVey or his texts.

Basically, how do you feel about the idea of being born a Satanist and being able to practice Satanism effectively before having picked up any LaVeyan texts? And the idea of feeling someone is a witch without them consciously identifying themselves that way, just by observing their lifestyle/personal philosophies/actions?

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

(I have a bunch more questions, but I'm trying to hold off. You're just such a great resource.)

Comment

Very few. Whatever you do, do NOT go to the Church of Satan website.
                    It's actually not for me - I lurk the CoS on occasion, lol. But I've got the older, more 'classical' deistic LaVeyan Satanism experience. The couple of people I've been talking to are budding Setianists who think the CoS is a b.s. organization... and I think they're full of b.s., but I'd like to be able to point them towards a broader view of modern Satanism. It just seems like most of the forums I've been visiting are full of teenagers (well, I'd like to think they're teens, or maybe early 20-somethings) who are all "Ooooh, we're dark scary Satanists, fear us or we'll come kill your cats!".

With that said, I do belong to two Satanic forums. One is strictly academic and doesn't deal well with non Satanists coming in and asking very basic Satanism 101 questions. It's rather boring at times to be quite honest. There is however a website called Modern Church of Satan It's a Satanism site that is more Pro Satanism and less Anti Christianity. We tend to be Satanists who have sat a while in our belief system and aren't defensive. Dumuzi is a member there (though it's been a while)It's sort of boring for him because it's not really about Satanism 101.
                    Thanks - I haven't been to it yet

Comment

Perz (Siloh yours requires a longer answer. It's on it's way in a bit)

[The couple of people I've been talking to are budding Setianists who think the CoS is a b.s. organization
                      Technically...they are right. The state of the CoS and how it's currently being run is a joke. There was a big broohaha in the higher echelon of the Church. Take overs, side eyes, new personal interpretations of LaVey's road for the CoS. All this has caused a mass movement of older Satanists to leave the CoS. And honestly, most Satanists worth their true weight are not affiliated with the Cos as it stands now. It's too political with in house fights for power. Most of us have steered clear of political issues by not affiliating with the CoS.

It just seems like most of the forums I've been visiting are full of teenagers (well, I'd like to think they're teens, or maybe early 20-somethings) who are all "Ooooh, we're dark scary Satanists, fear us or we'll come kill your cats!".
                      Blame and thank the internet! I, and most of the Satanist my age, were 'brought up' in the Satanic community...via actual community. I learned about Satanism through actions and experiences. And didn't place all my 'credentials' on mesmerizing the oft quoted Nine Satanic Statements posted on every Satanism 101 website. Unfortunately it's hard for newer soon to be Satanists to weed through all the black eyeliner and red font to find a true understanding of Satanism. On line everything is bolder, more fascinating. The actuality of it is that Satanists have families, pay taxes and take care of their elderly parents. I know. How boring!

There is also a sense of just letting them get eaten by wolves and the strong will come through in the end. We all had to find our way and use our own judgement to figure out what was true for us. Some of us ended up on a smarter path. Some of us are Juggalos. (And yeah I mean to be offensive)

Comment

I had to look it up,and that is kinda sorta weird. Anyways:

Juggalo or Juggalette (the latter being feminine) is a name given to fans of Insane Clown Posse or any other Psychopathic Records hip hop group.

And no,I did not know that...
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I was surprised that you don't recommend the website, Medusa. Other than it not being designed to assist new Satanists, do you have any qualms about the site and its information?
                          I normally recommend http://www.dpjs.co.uk/index.html
                          I just wonder about why these goals are mostly reliant on technology, particularly when the individual's imaginative powers are so emphasized in Satanism.
                          Basically, how do you feel about the idea of being born a Satanist and being able to practice Satanism effectively before having picked up any LaVeyan texts?

Comment

Perz (Siloh yours requires a longer answer. It's on it's way in a bit)

Technically...they are right. The state of the CoS and how it's currently being run is a joke. There was a big broohaha in the higher echelon of the Church. Take overs, side eyes, new personal interpretations of LaVey's road for the CoS. All this has caused a mass movement of older Satanists to leave the CoS. And honestly, most Satanists worth their true weight are not affiliated with the Cos as it stands now. It's too political with in house fights for power. Most of us have steered clear of political issues by not affiliating with the CoS.
                            Huh. Didn't know that.

The actuality of it is that Satanists have families, pay taxes and take care of their elderly parents. I know. How boring!
                            Yup, just like the rest of us.

Some of us ended up on a smarter path. Some of us are Juggalos. (And yeah I mean to be offensive)
                            I'm so stealing that. For everything.

Comment

Just some comments this time:

I love the Modern Church of Satan site. Just been lurking a lot. Thanks for the link.

I agree with your answers in terms of Satanic witchcraft/lesser magic. People practice it very naturally. I just sometimes wonder how much more powerful such people, particularly a few women I know, would be if they actually studied up on LaVeyan thought (particularly the Compleat/Satanic Witch). Then again, I know people who don't have it--never did, and I doubt they ever will without something highly unfortunate pushing them in a very radical way.

Comment

Evil as i am,I have decided to now rename Madusa to...."Our little Dusa coupe" I think from the Beach boys.

Hiding from Madusa's wrath,Down on the corner, out in the street.

Just to be clear about what a duce coupe is.

Last edited by anunitu; 26 Mar 2012, 11:00.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X