• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monsno_leedra
    replied
    Re: Initiation Question

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    The answer to this depends on the tradition of Wicca. Some won't acknowledge you unless you're initiated by a lineaged coven. Others acknowledge self-initiation. Have a tradition in mind?
    Definitely agree with this. I know many recognize self dedication to a practice but only neo's really accept self initiation into a practice that I know of. Haven't really met a traditional or lineage'd Wiccan that accepts or acknowledges it. Seen a few suggestions of a hived and independent practitioner being recognized by a lineage'd group but that was rather few and far between from what I've seen.

Leave a comment:

• MaskedOne
    replied
    Re: Initiation Question

Originally posted by beckly_freckly View Post
    I've recently gotten back onto my path in Wicca and am fully committed to being initiated to the practice. That being said, I live in a very christian, republican state and have yet to find a coven. I plan on being a solitary practitioner for a while so that I can come into my own in regards to my deities and spell work, etc. My question would be do I necessarily have to be initiated into Wicca by a coven or can I do my own ritual to become a full fledged wiccan?

Also, I've just started reading Coming to the Edge of the Circle, which is a book about initiation into Wicca, I'm just curious as to the experience around the forum and to any opinions or advice you all could give.

Thanks
    The answer to this depends on the tradition of Wicca. Some won't acknowledge you unless you're initiated by a lineaged coven. Others acknowledge self-initiation. Have a tradition in mind?

Leave a comment:

• RowanModig
    started a topic Initiation Question

Initiation Question

I've recently gotten back onto my path in Wicca and am fully committed to being initiated to the practice. That being said, I live in a very christian, republican state and have yet to find a coven. I plan on being a solitary practitioner for a while so that I can come into my own in regards to my deities and spell work, etc. My question would be do I necessarily have to be initiated into Wicca by a coven or can I do my own ritual to become a full fledged wiccan?

Also, I've just started reading Coming to the Edge of the Circle, which is a book about initiation into Wicca, I'm just curious as to the experience around the forum and to any opinions or advice you all could give.

Thanks
Working...
X