Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such a thing as ethical cursing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there such a thing as ethical cursing?

Originally posted by Wicca View Post
    And one more thing, why is it that today everyone wants to put people into a box? You are this or that....I am me and I did not *BECOME* a witch, I was born into it with powers right from the get go. I need not conform to this or that to be what I am.
    Now your discussing humanity in general. it's not specifically about conforming or being this or that. It's about humanity trying to understand and identify how a thing or person fits into the larger picture / social structure. To understand what makes a person or thing a member of this group or that group. To identify those things that make us similar and those that separate us. To identify what we have in common and allow us to relate or identify with them.

It's not specifically about putting people into boxes IMHO but allowing us to speak to one another and have a common definition of words. You identify yourself with the title Wicca and state you are a Wiccan Practitioner. Yet what does that mean in general? Are you a Gardenerian? Are you a Alexanderian? Are you BTW? Are you an Initiated or un-initiated Wiccan? Are you self-dedicate / initiated or were you from a Coven? Lots of boxes perhaps but it lets us know which things pertain to you and those that don't. It gives us a chance to speak on your terms and definitions as it were. That doesn't even touch on what degree / level you might be. Whether your an ordained person within a given pathway or whether you eclectic. Whether you have a lineage to a certain group or hive from that group. It's like if I called you a Cowan would you even know what that is / was?

I'll avoid the discussion of whether one is a hereditary witch or natural born versus a self made person.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Hmmm.:=L: You are of the age of long communication while I am of the age of 250 characters maximum. ......ahhhhh.

Why do you insist on me being this or that? To Hades with titles and names. You appear to love order while I revel in chaos. I am nothing but what I am.

Abigal Hobbs never died, she just kept being reborn. I don't follow the idea of being a certain thing...I am me and I have power...lots of it. All the new age Wiccans melt when they see me and quake with fear.

That's all I need...nothing more.
      Last edited by Guest; 07 Aug 2023, 12:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicca View Post
        Hmmm.:=L: You are of the age of long communication while I am of the age of 250 characters maximum. ......ahhhhh.

Why do you insist on me being this or that? To Hades with titles and names. You appear to love order while I revel in chaos. I am nothing but what I am.

Abigal Hobbs never died, she just kept being reborn. I don't follow the idea of being a certain thing...I am me and I have power...lots of it. All the new age Wiccans melt when they see me and quake with fear.

That's all I need...nothing more.
        I think it's more that traditional Wicca is almost entirely opposed to your perceived moral stance on a fairly fundamental level, yet this is the name and religion you've identified with here. Wicca is also an extremely codified religion with initiation traditions and separate branches that have pretty robust history. You may not want the boxes, but for many Wiccans those are important boxes. Sure you may have been born with magical talent just like someone is born with strong legs, but that isn't the same as joining track or being accepted as an athlete.

This is a forum, long form communication is fairly normal, especially when there's much to discuss. We're all practitioners that have been doing this awhile and so much of how you present comes off as posturing which we have seen before. I could accept you're a mighty witch, however power is not wisdom, nor is it useful in having any kind of discussion.
        Circe

Comment

Whenever anyone talks about their magical powers, I'm reminded that I have none. It was a terrible disappointment to me when I was younger.

Comment

Working...
          X