This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your progression?

Raised Christian (Southern Baptist) -> Became an Atheist in High school -> Dabbled into Buddhism and Hinduism which eventually led to mixing the two -> Now I'm looking into Eclectic Polytheism with some influences from Dharmic religions.

Comment

Christian (Pentacostal)- Angsty teen satanist-Atheist-Wiccan

Comment

I was raised Catholic in an Irish family.
        I moved towards paganism on my own early on.
        When I lived in Asia for a while I studied some Buddhism and Taoism.
        Then I focused on paganism more once I moved back to the States.
        Chaos magic for a while.
        Atheism for a while.
        Now I'm back to paganism.

Comment

Young naive (lazy, not going to church or reading bible, Catholic; pre-elementary school) -> Hard-line atheist (throughout elementary and middle school) -> Agnostic Philosopher (Early high school) -> Eclectic Occultist/Chaos Magician (late high school) -> Pantheistic Irish/Druidic Pantheon with a sprinkle of the general Occult and lots of Psychology for good measure

Comment

Christian>modified form of Hellenism (So, it would probably be eclectic.)
            I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Pentacostal > Questioning the bible on a daily basis > Confusion, confusion like crazy.... > athiest > pentacostal again > Confused > pagan > super happy > wicca > Asatru > Druidry > Hellenismos > confused > pagan. Just pagan for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                What is a Dievturi ?
                Ancient Baltic pagan tradition that would be considered as a nature/hedge/green way of life. Dievturi have a Wheel of the Year, albeit a bit more complex than the general one used by Wiccan. My family are Latvian so naturally they brought me up Dievturi.
                My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Born Roman Catholic > Converted to Baptism through parents > Wicca > Confused.. > Exploring options and becoming Kemetic flavored. ^-^
                  Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Jesus Freak > Yeshua Freak > Buddha Freak > Zen/Eclectic Idiot

Comment

Missionary Baptist Christian ---> Southern Baptist Christian ---> General Paganish Beliefs ---> Wiccan of sorts ---> Wicca with Cannanite Polytheistic and a few Kemetic thoughts thrown out there.

Comment

Christian -> Deist -> Neopagan

Comment

family folk spirituality--non-practicing atheist--family folk spirituality--pagan--tracker--family folk spirituality mixed with my own experiences

Comment

Am ancient African traditions believer because i can't say that am pagan nor atheist, I believe in one higher God, gods, guardians and ghosts. There you can put me where you I fit.
                            No sig for you.

Comment

I started as a child that was raised Christian only in name, and knew nothing about the religion, but still assumed there was only one God and Jesus and eternal hell for believing in anything different and all that lovely guilt and sin stuff ---> a 12-year-old that overcame that instilled cultural indoctrination through rational observation and being honest with myself and became a general pagan --> Hellenistic Polytheist --> Agnostic ---> Tao-ish ---> Hellenistic Polytheist ---> Atheist ---> Naturalistic Polytheist with my own formed beliefs.

I noticed that my beliefs change depending on mood. I became Tao-ish when I was disconnected from my gods, and Atheist when I was suffering depression. And when I overcame my depression, I reverted back to my polytheism.

Comment

right now, mine is:

catholic in name only -> actually catholic -> agnostic -> eclectic pagan -> agnostic -> almost atheistic agnostic -> eclectic pagan -> eclectic hellenistic pagan

wow. I have. been a lot of things

Comment

Working...
                                X