This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your progression?

Raised Anglican Christian -> brief stint with Buddhism -> brief stint with Wicca -> Back to Anglican Christian -> Quaker Christian -> Pagan Quaker

Comment

Monotheist -> Agnostic -> Atheist -> Super Atheist -> Spiritual Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        So who's Son are you now?
        Your question tempts ms to adopt a title that the Bible ascribes to Jesus, but I want it for its literalism... "Son of Man."
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Christian - Buddhist - Taoist - Wiccan - no not for me exactly - maybe just Pagan - Eclectic Pagan - Eclectic Pagan currently studying the craft of Druidry. No wonder I'm so confused.

Comment

Wicca >Celtic Wicca > Norse Wicca > Egyptian/Kemetic Wicca
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Baptist~Church of God/Pentecostal~questioning my faith trying to find my path~spiritual~thought about paganism~Eclectic Spiritual Christian~
              sigpic

Comment

I was raised as a Christian, and I was gullible as a child (as children typically are), so I believed in Christianity as well as Santa Claus.

By late childhood, the doctrine that "people must have faith in Jesus to go to heaven, or else eternally burn in hell" became apparently so ridiculous and manipulative that it strained my credulity, and I could not possibly continue on 'suspending disbelief'. So I ceased to be Christian, while still having some belief that there may be a god. It was saddenning at the time, being confronted with my overwhelming common sense that what I had believed in was a fraud. It was shortly after that that I likewise stopped believing in Santa Claus, and called my parents on it.

I remained a closetted agnostic for some years though, because I did not want to get on my parents' bad side. I had been an agnostic for many years, until one night when I was practicing meditation techniques, and while doing so I encountered a deity, who spoke to me and controlled what I saw. That was a life-altering event which changed my conception of reality. Since that time, I have been able to successfully encounter the deity many more times, in which it has given me great knowledge and wisdom, for which I am forever thankful.

Comment

Christian with no concept of sin or hell --> Lutheran zealot --> polytheist Christian --> spiritual --> tried to be Celtic --> spiritual --> Norse --> Norse and Slavic --> kind of Reconstructionist

Comment

Catholic > Solitary Wiccan > Celtic Wiccan > Norse Wiccan > Egyptian/Kemetic Wiccan

Ooops didn't realize I posted before. O_O
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

secular (nontheist, though not really atheist) -> spiritual (more earth-based, doing my own thing) -> Wiccan -> Hindu -> Buddhist (Theravada with Zhaijiao influences) -> spiritual (similar as to before, but much more refined and mystical from my Buddhist studies, while adopting a more Abrahamic influence) -> kabbalisticly slanted Jew -> Chasidic Jew (Breslov and Chabad) -> Orthodox Jew (more general) -> Conservative Jew -> barely hanging on to being a Jew -> orecha (practitioner of Orach Qad'moni)

Pretty crazy path, but I pretty much ended up with a more formalized version of my original spirituality in the end.
                      ʼŌraḥ Qaḏəmōnī, a revival of Ancient Israelite religion -- PathOfAncients.org

Comment

Christian -> agnostic -> pantheist -> panentheist

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Christian(Assemblies of God)-->Militant Atheist-->Christian(Baptist)-->Agnostic Atheist-->Christian(Assemblies of God)-->Militant Atheist--> Panentheist with Wiccan leanings.

Comment

Whoops, forgot one. Panentheistic Hindu

Comment

Christian (Presbyterian) ---> Deism ---> Pagan

Comment

LDS (Mormon) -> Protestant Christian -> Buddhist -> Heathen -> Traditional Shinto -> My personal version of Shinto (I like it call it Norse Shinto as most of my practices and beliefs come from both religions (Like how I write my prayers to Japanese Gods and Goddesses similarly to the format of a Norse Prayer))

Comment

Working...
                                X