This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your progression?

Christian (luther) ---- Atheist --- Agnostic --- wiccan --- Satanist --- Luciferian --- Open-minded pagan with LHP teachings

Comment

Just recently went back to Christianity, only to drop Christianity again. I figured that I could either believe in Jesus or faeries, but not both, and there is no way I will drop my faerie belief, especially since I think I've been getting faerie visits in my dreams recently. Plus, when I went back to Christianity I just didn't feel that connection that I was expecting. I believe the Bible has a lot of wisdom and truth, but I can't stay true to his laws. I'm just drawn to magick I guess.
      What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Christian(Episcopalian)>atheism>laveyan satanism>buddhist atheist>buddhist neo-pagan.

Changed a lot, but for the first time I actually have a real good sense of who I am and what I believe now, so I doubt this will change again, but you never know what might happen between now and whenever.

I also always kind of had a liking for the Buddha, tho. I fell out of favor with the hedonist approach that Anton Lavey espoused, and became more inclined toward the buddhist/taoist philosophical view, in my later teens and obviously has now stretched into my twenties. The only real constant.

I do find it ironic, that as a laveyan satanist, I did not believe in magick, and only just recently have come to believe in it, because of chaos theory.(non-linear dynamics) as well as the writings of Austin Osmin Spare.

That's part of the ongoing battle I have between being strictly scientific and being more philosophical/spiritual, because my first instinct is to view things objectively in strict scientific terms, while at the same time realizing that there is still a lot unexplained and very real possibilities that science hasn't explained yet.(that is why I am a fan of chaos magick, because it can be backed up somewhat by chaos theory, which is science/math)
        Last edited by LuThorgh; 31 Jan 2014, 12:37.

Comment

*Childhood*
          Pantheist without knowing there was a word to describe my beliefs

*Teens, twenties*
          Atheist, for lack of a better description. This led to identifying with not being religious, and judging other people in a way i never felt comfortable with. Also, i felt the need to "do someting" with the beliefs that have never changed and have been there for as long as i can remember.
          Atheism and my personal attachments to this word did not allow this for me.

*From age 30* (I turn 31 on Ostara)
          Knowing there is a combination of words describing my beliefs.
          This helped me with the "Doing something" i had missed out on, and made me comfortable with the word "Religion".
          Feeling love and respect for others I had previously judged out of fear.

Comment

Catholic -> Wiccan -> Neopagan -> Christian -> Anabaptist Christian -> Messianic -> Deist -> ???

Frankly I have no idea where I'm at right now, which is why I'm here.

Comment

Baptist Christian - Agnostic

Comment

As life moves forward, and my spirituality progresses, I often feel my path is a frustrating circle.

I bounce from old comfortable practices.

today I would say

Catholic-Heathen-Catholic-Wicca- Druidic- Druid with Wicca influence- Spiritual Druid- Catholic Mysticism with Heavy Druidic Influence- Spiritually Attached to Nature/lost

Comment

During my childhood, I was a reluctant Christian obsessed with mythology and "supernatural". Then, around 9 I was introduced to buddhism by equally reluctant older sister, but it didn't give me that aha moment. I then discovered wicca around 12 but it never felt right, so I gave up for a few years while still fondly reading many pagan texts of many varieties before just becoming frustrated with what people are allowed to publish.
                  Then in college, after a brief time of supreessing spiritual seeking, I discovered panentheism and went back to my roots in mythology and things evolved from there. I don't know what I am now, it seems rather contradictory until explained at length, but I'm happy. Thats part of why im here, but im not too worried about what I am.
                  In short, I can see what I am, but I can only say what I've been.

Comment

I've recently went back and forth between Christian and Agnostic, now I mostly just follow the principles of light and love, might give one of the nature based religions a try soon since I'll likely be developing a tulpa soon, so I'll want my tulpa to experience the beauty of nature. Also might as well look into buddhism since tulpas originated from tibetian monks, but not sure yet.
                    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

I was raised in a family which was, and still is, very religiously Roman Catholic, so throughout my childhood I was a devout Catholic. This remained the case until about a year and a half ago, when I began to enter into a serious sceptism and questioning after seeing a multiplicity of moral, philosophical and spiritual issues in the Bible, and the Christian faith in general. This led to me undertaking a massive philosophical inquiry into both my own spiritual views and the Christian faith, and within half a year I had deconverted from the faith.

I then became an Agnostic Theist and strived to see what I believed and had come to understand about the spiritual world around me. In this time I began to be influenced towards Dualism by the theology of Zoroastrianism, and this would slowly but surely develop into a polytheistic view. In my own search and contemplation on what I believed, I began to be influenced greatly by my findings and their seemingly similarities to Shinto. I currently am now an agnostic polytheist, but I am greatly leaning towards Shinto.

Comment

Christian (Lutheran) -> Agnostic/Atheist -> General New Age -> Wiccan -> Eclectic Pagan/Wiccan

Comment

Methodist Christian -> Agnostic -> Fluffy (Wiccan flavoured) -> Agnostic -> Confused -> More determinedly Pagan (Wiccan flavoured) -> Agnostic -> Pagan (of the still exploring, non-denominational but with interests in Celtic and Herb lore type)

Comment

Catholic - Deserter - Agnostic - tried being Christian again but non-denominational - Agnostic again - Non-denominational newbie pagan maybe still a little agnostic but not sure because I'm still learning

Comment

Atheist - Polytheist Pagan. It was nearly an immediate switch, but I did go through a short stint of utter confusion and questioning.

Comment

Catholic --> Wiccan/NeoPagan --> Quaker --> Southern Baptist --> Quaker --> NeoPagan --> Polytheist Pagan

Comment

Working...
                                X