This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your progression?

Went to a Protestant School >> developed major interest in celtic paganism and other paths in my mid-teens >> First manic episode led to me being in hospital for several months, afterwhich I stayed with a friend at Samye Ling Buddhist Monastery for a while >> Now back to paganism, more eclectic this time round, bits and pieces of different traditions that feel right, still with a buddhist influence.

Comment

LDS > Thelemic > Agnostic > Goddess Worshipper > Eclectic Neopagan > Hard Polytheist

Comment

Devout Catholic ( Raised in a Strong Catholic Home, attended catholic school for thirteen years)> General Non-Denomonational Christian> Angry Christian who got sick of his church literally praying to good to fill their bank accounts despite the fact they all drove BMW's and lived in gated communities> Guilt Filled Catholic> Open Minded Catholic> Polytheistic Catholic> Polytheistic Pagan> Earth Worshiper that is probably a polytheist, though I do not see those who warden over a realm as gods, but simply spirits who Shepard over there land.

Comment

Catholic > Buddhism > Catholic/Buddhism > Baptist > Catholic/Baptist > just simple Christian > unsure > Islam > Christian > back and forth between Islam and Christianity for several months > unsure > still unsure, though perhaps Unitarian Universalist (?), but mostly Neo-Pagan and/or Sikhism.
          Last edited by ACuriousPerson; 16 Sep 2012, 06:00.
          "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."
          -Muhammad Ali

Comment

Christian>Increased skepticism about core beliefs>Agnostic>Athiest>Gnostic(Evolving soul and consiousness into Godhead). That being said I have much interest in the ancient pagan religions of the world. Like the practices of obtaining the natural powers of the universe. I'm not sure which groups practiced that though. Any info?

- - - Updated - - -

Christian>Increased skepticism about core beliefs>Agnostic>Athiest>Gnostic(Evolving soul and consiousness into Godhead). That being said I have much interest in the ancient pagan religions of the world. Like the practices of obtaining the natural powers of the universe. I'm not sure which groups practiced that though. Any info?

Comment

Baptist>Agnostic>Book Wiccan>Now much more eclectic
              By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
              -Confucius

Blog

Comment

Athiest > Agnostic > Army > Buddhist > Startled and Confused > Kemetic with Hermetic overtones.

Comment

Agnostic (with a Christian upbringing that I never accepted) > Eclectic Pagan Witch

Comment

Christian -> Agnostic -> Researcher (paths: norse paganism, shamanism) -> Researcher (occult) -> Researcher (Luciferianism+other forms of satanism) -> Researcher (general astral) -> (researcher of astral perception and travels (connected to shamanism and occult)

Comment

Nothing - Atheist - Pagan - Atheist - Pagan - Atheist - Buddhist - Atheist - Pagan ...repeat ad infinitum.

Mostly art.

Comment

nothing - interested in Church of Satan - antireligious - going through catechism, agnostic - almost protestant - interested in Dragon Rouge, MLO; Qliphothic Occultism - interested in Paganism - Shamanistic Odinist
                        "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Comment

Technically Catholic but disbelieving and uninterested child > agnostic > brief spell in the fluffy end of Wicca > researching but no real dedication to any one path or tradition > slow loss of interest/belief > full blown atheist > received a spiritual kick in the ass > whatever mashup of paganism/western occultism/dab of eastern philosophy I am now.

Comment

Confused/Disgusted Christian (Methodist)->General Wicca->Period of religious lull->drawn back to Pagan beliefs->Celtic Wicca->Eclectic Wicca->Reclaiming tradition/Shamanism

Comment

Not very "strict" Christian> Agnostic-Athiest> "Weak" Christian> Fluffy Noobie Wiccan> Fluffy Noobie Pagan> Agnostic-Athiest> Intrested in Thiestic Satanism but still Agnoatic-Athiest> Wannabe 1 day Thiestic Satannist> Total Noobie Pagan> Godhoodist (religion you believe if your good deeds are more than your bad deeds tou become a powerful God)> Pagan?> Wiccan?> Pagan> My own Spiritual Ideaology> Thiestic Satanism> Pagan> Thiestic Satanism> Pagan> Thiestic Satanism (questioning a vision I got)

Comment

My parents telling me I was Christian > Undefined Spirituality> The belief that all Extreme Dianism was the same thing as Paganism > Flirted with Ba'hai > D.I.Y. Paganism.
                                I follow the Magpie path. "Oh SHINY belief" Yoink!

Comment

Working...
                                X