Religious self-identification...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Religious self-identification...

Im a theistic satanist who believes in many gods and also practices wicca . I don't believe in the rede or karma . I follow Isis from Egypt , Odin from Norse faith and Satan from satanism so to keep confusion to a minimum I go by satanic witch sense that sumes it up
    Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Too late to edit my post, but realise that "Syncretic" is more accurate and bears the meaning I intended, rather than "Eclectic". I do not mix and blend the religious paths I walk, but hold them in parallel to each other. Sometimes there's overlap, but I cross that bridge when I get to it.

Comment

Well I cant edit my post so I'm going to say it now. Wicca and my theistic satanism is more syncretic rather then mixed together some times over lap most of the time during witchcraft
        Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

I 've just now voted for Agnostic.

Comment

I voted for multiple options because I would say I'm both a pantheist and a soft duotheist.

Comment

Something like a pantheist + soft polytheist.
              Divine is the world all around us, from the forces of nature to a little ant. As humans we have a habit of seeing it and needing to explain it, so we make Deities, whole pantheons of Deities. But just because they are man created does not make them less valid. If we make a storm god then they are still valid, because storms are part of the Divine. Or something. Baisically all gods are equally valid and part of the Divine, which is everything around us.

Comment

Christian Monotheist represent :P
                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Accidentally chose theist instead of hard-polytheist.

As a Black Magician, I work with many spirits. Many of these are considered to be "demons."

I am currently engaged in a three-day possession pact with Azazel. I am to prove my worthiness to Azazel, proving I am worthy of gaining his power & influence, to gain all that is his. In these three days, he is residing within me to gain a first-hand knowledge of how I think, behave, how I formulate goals & what those goals are.

So far, in one day, he has shown me that not only should I be striving for an even greater personal empire than I had even fathomed, but this empire is within my grasp.

Basically, I'm just blown away by the knowledge he has been constantly whispering in my ear.

Comment

I'm a Pantheist/Animist with Polytheistic tendencies. I believe that the Gods are separate, but are carried within the nature; not as separate, physical beings.

Comment

Panentheistic, deist, soft polytheist

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                        Panentheistic, deist, soft polytheist
                        If I may ask, what is deism? To be honest, I see this term for the first time, and it's very interesting!
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                          If I may ask, what is deism?
                          One who believes there is a god/creator, but it doesn't intervene in human affairs. Kind of like it set the universe in motion and just stepped back.

Comment

Originally posted by GardenOfShadows View Post
                            One who believes there is a god/creator, but it doesn't intervene in human affairs. Kind of like it set the universe in motion and just stepped back.
                            In my case, I do believe they intervene, just not as often as many believe or as directly. I tend to believe the Divine takes a sort Taoist's attitude toward it's actions. It's not that they do nothing, they 're just tend toward subtlety and tend to let things flow. However, most things happen according to the cycle set in motion by it's power and people make their own choices.

Comment

I would identify as a hard polytheist. I also hold the belief that everything possesses its own unique life force. I think this belief is, and has always been, at the core of the pagan faith. In interpreting all parts of the world around you as their own special entities with their own unique purposes one comes to respect and value all things. That is a huge part of what being a pagan is all about and imho it is also a huge part of NOT being the kind of constantly consuming without awareness of self or others creatures so many humans are fond of being anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by GardenOfShadows View Post
                                Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                                In my case, I do believe they intervene, just not as often as many believe or as directly. I tend to believe the Divine takes a sort Taoist's attitude toward it's actions. It's not that they do nothing, they 're just tend toward subtlety and tend to let things flow. However, most things happen according to the cycle set in motion by it's power and people make their own choices.
                                Aah, ok. Thanks very much, you both!
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X