Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignoring the ignorant and letting go of frustration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ignoring the ignorant and letting go of frustration.

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    First star to the left,and straight on till morning...Bring some mead and a little fairy dust..
    I can bring the mead but have you ever TRIED to dust a fairy? They can be mean when upset. I had one steal my shadow and then when I found it I had to sew it back on!

Actually my wife is a devout fairy witch. She tells me that if I stopped working with iron they might come visit me. I love working with Iron! It easily conforms to my will and always does what I want. (a lot like my wife)
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

It's hard to ignore some ignorant people, especially when they're family. My brother-in-law called my personal God, Anubis, a false god our first Christmas in WV together and it really hurt. You just have to ignore them and love them despite their ignorance. If they're family that is. Sometimes you can't or they won't let you explain your religion. I've learned to let it go.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'll be real honest here. When ignorant twats get on my nerves I secretly wish them to the cornfield.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I'll be real honest here. When ignorant twats get on my nerves I secretly wish them to the cornfield.
          Is this a literal cornfield or a proverbial one, perhaps with some Children of the Corn who will set them straight?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          It's hard to ignore some ignorant people, especially when they're family. My brother-in-law called my personal God, Anubis, a false god our first Christmas in WV together and it really hurt. You just have to ignore them and love them despite their ignorance. If they're family that is. Sometimes you can't or they won't let you explain your religion. I've learned to let it go.
          I'm very private about my religion so I fortunately haven't had to deal with anyone questioning or insulting my beliefs to my face, but for some reason I feel like i could brush that off fairly easily. Unless it turned into a personal attack - like if they said "you're an idiot for believing this" rather than "there's no evidence that your gods are real." I think it's because there's usually no good response to a personal attack other than ignoring the other person and just walking away, but you can usually respond to other rude comments in ways that might possibly lead to an intelligent discussion - like a discussion about what makes something "real" or what makes one kind of evidence more valid than another.

Comment

Skip to 4:10

Comment

I remember that one...Weird that now cable has a channel that shows stuff from 1960-65 kinda...I thought TVLand had that locked up.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I remember that one...Weird that now cable has a channel that shows stuff from 1960-65 kinda...I thought TVLand had that locked up.
                I've got my old people channel as well. ME tv. Plays Bonanza, CHiPS and Lavern and Shirley.

Comment

The thing I think it's helpful to remember about ignorance is that it's just that - ignorance. The very meaning being that you're just plain unaware. I'm sure we've all made ignorant comments in the past that we look back on now and are ashamed of. We've all probably been adamantly against something until something triggered us to "try it for ourselves" or we finally met someone who could explain it in a way that resonated and then finally "it clicked," and we realized how foolish we'd been acting. It's a lot easier to ignore and brush off ignorance if you just view these people as at a different place in their journey right now than you are. They're not necessarily trying to be jerks - they just literally don't know any better.

When people are being ignorant assholes, it's good to remember that the asshole part may not be an inherent personality trait and could be changed by the changing of the ignorant part. However, over the internet, against a large "herd mentality" is probably not the best place to try. Most people are much more open to new ideas one-on-one. There's nothing wrong with avoiding the frustration of trying to argue against an anonymous internet mob and saving that energy for the people you meet IRL who seem like they might be open to discussion.

Comment

Working...
                  X