Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom wants me to go to Christmas services at her church and I don't want to go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My mom wants me to go to Christmas services at her church and I don't want to go.

Thanks for the link thalassa it has certainly given me much to think about. I have read an ebook about homosexuality and the bible but it concentrated only on translations of the words interpreted as homosexual and didn't give the same meanings as your link in all cases. I thought the case the book made for the bible not being anti-gay was rather weak. This link was much better than that ebook was. The link also made a case for Christianity being fluid and open to interpretation rather than a cast in stone set of rules I thought it was. Maybe I will go to Christmas eve service after all. I'll have to think about this some more, thanks everyone.

Comment

Re: My mom wants me to go to Christmas services at her church and I don't want to go.

I don't want to sound mean or anything but I say forget your mom and do what you do best. If you don't want to go then don't go at all then. If she still got a problem with that well too bad then. It's your decision not her to make.

Comment

It's your decision. Every year I go with my parents and my sister's family to services on Christmas Eve to the Catholic church. I am uncomfortable in the church, but it is the only time each year I go. I do it because I love my parents who are Catholics. They know I am Wiccan and they aren't going to try to change me. Like I said, it's your decision.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I have to agree with Duce and Thal here. When in Texas around christmas or easter I go to service with my Nan, in fact we all go to service with Nan on those holidays. Regardless if we are christian, if we are fighting, whatever we go. Why? Because we love her and it makes her happy. It doesn't change or threaten my faith to be in someone else's house of worship. The thing I like to remember is the bible was wrote by men and compiled by men which means there is room for plenty of error.

So short end if you don't wanna go then just don't go but don't feel guilty about it.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
          X