Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Evil

Maybe I can help. (or totally not!)

Evil (to me) is a level of meanness that is done without a background excuse of mental disease or mental incapacity and with full knowledge of right and wrong. It's a choice you make to be evil. I know we all want to play semantics. But we know evil when we see it. We aren't stupid. We are very aware of measuring and judging evil quite well.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Maybe I can help. (or totally not!)

Evil (to me) is a level of meanness that is done without a background excuse of mental disease or mental incapacity and with full knowledge of right and wrong. It's a choice you make to be evil. I know we all want to play semantics. But we know evil when we see it. We aren't stupid. We are very aware of measuring and judging evil quite well.
      So basically it's the intention and full knowledge that someone wants to hurt someone in whatever way?
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
        So basically it's the intention and full knowledge that someone wants to hurt someone in whatever way?
        Kinda. I think it's having no mental or medical or emotional excuse for a vile behavior. I realize some dudes like to watch gals smash kittens with their heels (so not even making that up). The dude is obviously messed up. But the gal? She wants the money and just doesn't care. She's evil. She knows it's wrong. She knows it's a life. She disregards it because she wants the outcome no matter what. The dude is probably just effed in the head and sick. Or..he could also be fine and just be evil. Sorta like that.

Comment

Kinda. I think it's having no mental or medical or emotional excuse for a vile behavior. I realize some dudes like to watch gals smash kittens with their heels (so not even making that up). The dude is obviously messed up. But the gal? She wants the money and just doesn't care. She's evil. She knows it's wrong. She knows it's a life. She disregards it because she wants the outcome no matter what. The dude is probably just effed in the head and sick. Or..he could also be fine and just be evil. Sorta like that.
          Interesting. Some people just don't care about others lives. I used to have "issues" with animals when I was younger. Now, I prefer them over humans lol. And yeah, when you really want something I'm sure you'll find a way to take it. If you're up for the whole Risk vs Reward thing.
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Exactly. Which is why it's based on your perspective. Moral relativism. It's probably not even real. People do stuff, they feel bad because of what? Because something hurt another person and they were brought up that hurting others is wrong. Now if it's that person is brought up that hurting others isn't bad, then when they do hurt someone they don't feel bad at all.
            It's kind of like in a gray area.

Comment

Kind of in the eye of the beholder.....(God darn that is EVIL...what?...that freaking fire hydrant,just look at its evil color)
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Exactly. I never just look at anything I do as bad. I don't think anything I do is evil. I just think it's perfectly acceptable to do whatever I want to another person. Does that mean I'm going to go out and hurt them? No, it doesn't. All this stuff just really depends which is why I brought up the moral relativism.

Comment

Exactly. I never just look at anything I do as bad. I don't think anything I do is evil. I just think it's perfectly acceptable to do whatever I want to another person. Does that mean I'm going to go out and hurt them? No, it doesn't. All this stuff just really depends which is why I brought up the moral relativism.
                  That's because you have a medical condition.

Comment

That's because you have a medical condition.
                    I don't understand it and I never will, lol. I like talking about it, though. Good/Bad....Right/Wrong, I mean. It's interesting.

Comment

Good is acting out who and what you are. Evil would be acting in a way that opposes your true nature. The concept of "good" and "evil" only exists in human culture on earth. Animals are never evil because they do what their species does. A shark killing a person without an intent to eat is not evil - they are just trying to figure out what you are and if you are worth eating. Most often you are not. If a person kills another person to see what reaction they get it is considered evil. If a chimp kills another chimp it is considered normal behavior and we rationalize a "natural" reason for the behavior. We do this because we don't want to admit that we are animals. we think of ourselves as "better" than animals. We humans have built moral codes to live by and determined that those who don't live by our moral codes are evil or "subhuman" in some way. A recent discussion on the "inhumanity" of ISIS comes to mind. In reality they are just living by a different moral code. To them we are as barbaric as we believe them to be.
                      In my religion the only "evil" is wasting what we control. It is not really evil but it is denigrating to the resource we waste.
                      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

What if my true nature is to take heads and stuff them in the fridge and eat them later? I'm doing good because it's my real nature. Now what?

Comment

What if my true nature is to take heads and stuff them in the fridge and eat them later? I'm doing good because it's my real nature. Now what?
                          Now you're just a person who has heads in her freezer and eats them later on. This made me smile

Comment

As long as you follow your true nature then yes you are doing what you are supposed to do. That does not speak to the moral or legal codes of others though and if there is a law against taking heads, freezing them, or eating them then just like a bear who terrorizes a population you might be moved to a place that preserves the peace of the local population or put down as too big a threat to the local population. No one and nothing lives without affecting others.
                            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Hm so your alternate ego is Ed Gein. At least your not trying to skin and make a people suit from them so that's good.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                                Hm so your alternate ego is Ed Gein. At least your not trying to skin and make a people suit from them so that's good.
                                Never heard of Ed Gein. Made me think of Dahmer when I read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X